Clingan 7'2" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan 7'2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just imagine if this dude grows another six inches.

There's no way he is growing to 7'8". I would be shocked if he grows much more. He's gotta keep filling out, getting faster, and getting stronger at this point (which he has been).

If he stays 4 years, he's gotta set the state record for points and rebounds, right?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Lol, shizzle wants us to have the first 8 footer.
Let's just hope the NBA doesn't get rid of the one and one rule between now and then.

Reaction Score
There's no way he is growing to 7'8". I would be shocked if he grows much more. He's gotta keep filling out, getting faster, and getting stronger at this point (which he has been).

If he stays 4 years, he's gotta set the state record for points and rebounds, right?

I don’t think so for points... he hasn’t played many tournament games...this year because of Covid and the year before because the team wasn’t good. Those extra games each year add up.
For rebounds, I don’t see why not.

Reaction Score
I don’t think so for points... he hasn’t played many tournament games...this year because of Covid and the year before because the team wasn’t good. Those extra games each year add up.
For rebounds, I don’t see why not.

Do tournament points count in HS? Or college for that matter? I actually have no idea. Never even considered it. I know in the pro sports they're always counted separately.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Come on a stretch 4 at 7'3" or so would be pretty nice in a Husky uniform

Reaction Score

Ya probably won’t even come close on points. I think it’s 2600+ points and he is just at 1000 right? Guaranteed 40 more games if healthy (without tourney) so that would be 40/game. Even throwing in a few tourney games each year it’s still an astronomical number to average.

edit-Mustapha Heron scored almost 2100 in 3 seasons...crazy numbers.

Reaction Score
The Clingans were in the stands when Akok got hurt. He saw how the team, Akok and Hurley all reacted. A lot of coaches will tell you about they are family but the Clingans saw it here and it was raw and real. Ultimately he will make the decision that he thinks is right for him. If he doesn't come to UConn, it won't be because he doesn't understand what's here. I think I can live with that.

I really like the kid, not just for his size and skills but because of who it is as a person. He'd be a great part of the family.
That was as memorable an experience as I've had at a game of any kind. It was at once gut-wrenchingly scary, sympathetically sad and overwhelmingly bonding.
Here's what I posted about the Clingans' reaction at that Memphis game:

This was a plus plus game for recruiting.
Full house.
Beating a talented league and national opponent in a close game.
Plenty of former Husky greats on hand and next to recruits.
Game allowed Hurley to show off his, let’s say, involvement.

The Akok injury silenced the building. I sit in 115 behind the bench. I focused on Donovan Clingan who was totally focused on all the goings on and saw how much this team honestly loves each other. The deep hugs given young Akok by teammates, team officials and heart-breakingly coach DH were enough IMO to sway any recruit who is seriously considering becoming a Husky.
(Mr. Clingan, BTW all you Chicken Littles, had an ear to ear smile on the entire game)
I am so sad for Akok but this tragic slice of life shows what people are made of. If I were a recruit or his Dad I would take great notice of the true love our program exudes for its own.

Reaction Score
Anyone seen class of 2023 Gavin Griffiths play? 6'6-6'7 just picked up an offer from UMass. Athletic, length, and deep range on his shot. His dad was a really good player at Hartford back in the day.

Team Spartans on Instagram: “Fresh off a umass offer, @gavingriff_ showed out this weekend”

He's a LOT better than his father was already :) It will be fun to watch those 2022 and 2023 Spartans teams play. Matty Curtis from NWC is on the 2023 team too. He has offers from UMass, Fairfield, Hartford and others, His father was a 2000+ point scorer at Cheshire High whose career was cut short at Hartford with back injuries.

Reaction Score
As HOFer Coach Al McGuire would say.. "The kid is as big as an aircraft carrier"!!. Can't teach height and size..

Reaction Score
He's a really good kid...

Donovan Clingan on Twitter: "I guess words came off wrong in this article, i am trying to be as humble as i can. my bad" / Twitter

Reaction Score
He's a LOT better than his father was already :) It will be fun to watch those 2022 and 2023 Spartans teams play. Matty Curtis from NWC is on the 2023 team too. He has offers from UMass, Fairfield, Hartford and others, His father was a 2000+ point scorer at Cheshire High whose career was cut short at Hartford with back injuries.
That Griffiths kid looks like a really good young prospect to me. His freshman highlights are impressive...

Gavin Griffiths - Hudl

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

But doesn't he have to move to the NEPSAC first?

Reaction Score
He's a really good kid...

Donovan Clingan on Twitter: "I guess words came off wrong in this article, i am trying to be as humble as i can. my bad" / Twitter

I saw that. I wonder what he thinks came off wrong. Nothing struck me as noteworthy.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That Griffiths kid looks like a really good young prospect to me. His freshman highlights are impressive...

Gavin Griffiths - Hudl

This kid is nice - if he's a legit 6'7-6'8 by next year or two years from now he's a dang problem.

Reaction Score
My only guess was him saying he's UConn's #1 option and one of the top options for Cuse and Michigan State. Which is not even bad

That was my only guess. That’s not bad at all, and he’s not wrong.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It has seemed pretty clear to me (and probably most of the Boneyard) that this kid is our top priority. Nice to see that he thinks so too. I think Jim Calhoun's first objective when he got here was to make sure that the best CT players stayed in-state for college. Great to see that Hurley has a similar goal.

Reaction Score
Let’s look at the Clingan thread over at cusefan

Attachments

• 4BB38013-0458-42BD-AE92-DF258E1DDE22.jpeg
    4BB38013-0458-42BD-AE92-DF258E1DDE22.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 528
Reaction Score
Let’s look at the Clingan thread over at cusefan

One of our media wizards should put together a compilation of the instances of JB publicly throwing his guys under the bus and send it over to them. Yeah, he's a real player advocate all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom