Clingan 7'2" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clingan 7'2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I never have really ventured over there until it gets brought up here ... and it's funny stuff. They are, like mostly Syracuse Basketball fans, completely delusional about their importance. It's especially funny when they start discussing championships.

Reaction Score
This kid is nice - if he's a legit 6'7-6'8 by next year or two years from now he's a dang problem.
Right? With that athleticism, that stroke, and that range as a freshman. Kid has a serious future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone what is reach is? Looks like more that 7'2".

Reaction Score
Clingan reminds me of a bigger, rangier cole aldrich from the Kansas teams of about a decade ago.

Strong, solid, versatile offensive/defensive pivot.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My only guess was him saying he's UConn's #1 option and one of the top options for Cuse and Michigan State. Which is not even bad

When I read the quote, I thought, "cool, our staff has made it clear to this guy that he's our top target, unlike those other programs." Didn't see an issue. But when I saw him apologize, I immediately knew what he was talking about. It could be perceived as bragging.

It's a fine line between confident and cocky. I didn't think he crossed it, but the walk-back was nice to see; confident + humble is a good mix of traits.

Reaction Score
Clingan reminds me of a bigger, rangier cole aldrich from the Kansas teams of about a decade ago.

Strong, solid, versatile offensive/defensive pivot.

The crazy part is at 16 he's already developing a 3pt shot and 3 inches taller. I like the comp though--good call here.

Reaction Score
Gotta love how active he is on D and he can really read the flow of the game well. Far ahead of his competitors. League bound.

He's 16 and does so many good things it's amazing. The one thing he will need to improve on is his defensive footwork and quickness. Right now it's easy to measure which shows he's smart, he can stand and move slowly to get to block range because he knows he's big enough. Later on when he plays against bigger mobile interior players he will need to move laterally in order to get to that position on D. He'll be fine as that's the only thing I saw which isn't really good yet at his age.

Reaction Score
Let’s look at the Clingan thread over at cusefan

You know because Andre Jackson thought this way LMAO, ohhh and I wonder how much fun it's going to be to have kids come to UCONN for a visit meet AJ and have him talk about the school he passed on.... If we lose any targets to them while he's on campus I'd be surprised! This is great! I'll tell you were he's not going "SUck"

Reaction Score
Right? With that athleticism, that stroke, and that range as a freshman. Kid has a serious future.

I think we need a Griffiths thread already. The three point shot, the dunks, aggressive moves to the basket, seems to be able to handle pretty well on the break. Hard to believe he's a freshman. We could use his three point shot right now.

F

FanMan

He's a LOT better than his father was already :) It will be fun to watch those 2022 and 2023 Spartans teams play. Matty Curtis from NWC is on the 2023 team too. He has offers from UMass, Fairfield, Hartford and others, His father was a 2000+ point scorer at Cheshire High whose career was cut short at Hartford with back injuries.
Matty Curtis plays on the 2022 with Donovan

Reaction Score
He's 16 and does so many good things it's amazing. The one thing he will need to improve on is his defensive footwork and quickness. Right now it's easy to measure which shows he's smart, he can stand and move slowly to get to block range because he knows he's big enough. Later on when he plays against bigger mobile interior players he will need to move laterally in order to get to that position on D. He'll be fine as that's the only thing I saw which isn't really good yet at his age.
Still growing into his body.. Agility and footwork will come with continued skill development and a focused college weight training program....

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I keep clicking on here, knowing that the titles of threads can't be changed, hoping to hear that he's now 7'3".

I keep clicking on here, knowing that the titles of threads can't be changed, hoping to see that he committed to UConn, or at least to find a ;) or something fun from @Zionn...

Reaction Score
Still growing into his body.. Agility and footwork will come with continued skill development and a focused college weight training program....

No doubt. By no means did I say he wouldn’t, the kids overall skills and even his actual agility at this young age is rather impressive for his size. I will say it again, must get!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Learning the Shell should be easy enough. Then it’s just about spacing and anticipation.
Granted some guys never learn, but this kid seems advanced enough that it shouldn’t be an issue. There’s probably a limit on how quick he can be (it’s hard to move 7-2 limbs quickly), so all those little things will matter a lot.

Reaction Score
He’s a senior? The virus and travel can have an impact in our favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom