Clingan 7'2" | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Clingan 7'2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clingan is an impact player, but Riley Mulvey is a real good player that also has the added advantage of likely anchoring your team for more years. I said earlier in this thread that he would be a great pickup for us if we somehow missed with Donovan. Mulvey isn't second fiddle to more than a handful of post players, and he improves every time I see him. Happened to meet his parents at Hoophall when I was focused on Jackson.

Reaction Score
I like that his AAU team has the same uniform template as UConn. It's a sign!!

Reaction Score
Hi, haven’t read all the posts so maybe it was asked already, but how is his free throw shooting?

Reaction Score

I think someone had mention that he was getting his shot altered too much by contact and kids pushing him and from this clip it seems he’s progressed and gotten stronger since then and finishing through contact

Reaction Score
Hi, haven’t read all the posts so maybe it was asked already, but how is his free throw shooting?
I’m not 100% sure but I’m pretty sure he’s a decent FT shooter but in one of the videos above he mentioned how he’s working the most on FT shooting and getting stronger

Reaction Score
Just look at the blue bloods and similarly high level programs...the older coaches are the guys that are good enough to do it for that long. There's a reason they're still around

Self - 57
Cal - 61
Izzo -65
Roy - 70
K - 73
Boeheim - 104

Ville a couple years removed from axing their 67 yr old coach who's still trying to do it...you get the point

Reaction Score
I said Izzo turns 66 during the season, and he does. 355 D1 programs. What percentage of coaches are 65 or above? 10%?
I think the point is that Izzo is regarded as one of the very best coaches in the game, and his age is not unusual for an elite coach. He’s healthy and his teams are still good. He can do this for as long as he wants, and I see no reason why he wouldn’t coach until he’s at least 70.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Clingan is an impact player, but Riley Mulvey is a real good player that also has the added advantage of likely anchoring your team for more years. I said earlier in this thread that he would be a great pickup for us if we somehow missed with Donovan. Mulvey isn't second fiddle to more than a handful of post players, and he improves every time I see him. Happened to meet his parents at Hoophall when I was focused on Jackson.

Always liked Riley while watching Jackson's tape. Moves good, hands look good. I would be very pleased if he ended up in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
Just look at the blue bloods and similarly high level programs...the older coaches are the guys that are good enough to do it for that long. There's a reason they're still around

Self - 57
Cal - 61
Izzo -65
Roy - 70
K - 73
Boeheim - 104

Ville a couple years removed from axing their 67 yr old coach who's still trying to do it...you get the point
Mentioned this in another thread, Leonard Hamilton is 72 and his teams are getting scary good, he’s killin it on the recruiting trail and it doesn’t seem like he’s slowing down anytime soon. I could see coach K shuttin it down soon or Roy, but Izzo seems like he’ll be around for awhile. He’s also crushing it on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score

Self - 57
Cal - 61
Izzo -65
Roy - 70
K - 73
Boeheim - 104

And a few of us loathe each and every one on that list ...lol.

Reaction Score
That's an interesting way of saying Clingan is the far superior player.

"Far" has to be the operative word. Mulvey looked very good in the videos of Jackson's games, far better than most sophomores, and does lots of things very well. Depending on the style of play he might even be a better fit for some teams because at this point he looks more mobile.
Having said that, Clingan is really developing into a monster.

Reaction Score
Cuse board already trying to talk themselves into him over Donovan. A few posters saying they like Mulvey’s tape better.

One poster pointed out he was probably headed to Iowa anyway and they all ignored him. They don't want to face being turned down by a local 3 star.
Their mojo is long gone.

Reaction Score

not gunna lie this pumped me up in many ways!! Clearly getting hacked around the rim against better competition then before (or just more awareness of him) and deserves to be where he is! The only nag is the bringing the ball down. He’s great and I hope he stays in CT! Very good prospect. Love the hometown hero and just overall what he brings from his family traits. VERY GOOD PEOPLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom