Clingan 7'2" | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Clingan 7'2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Definitely playing against inferior opponent. I wonder about the quality of his coaching as all his post moves require him to bring the ball down to his waist, then gather himself to shoot. But great raw athleticism for so young an big. He has fluid movements, good hands, runs well and everyone knows the content of his character. He is going to be a force, if he can get a coach to refine the ore into gold.

Reaction Score
Nice back to the basket game according to the footage I've seen so far. Very good awareness of where he is on the court.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nice back to the basket game according to the footage I've seen so far. Very good awareness of where he is on the court.
Does he use the square?

Reaction Score
Mentioned this in another thread, Leonard Hamilton is 72 and his teams are getting scary good, he’s killin it on the recruiting trail and it doesn’t seem like he’s slowing down anytime soon. I could see coach K shuttin it down soon or Roy, but Izzo seems like he’ll be around for awhile. He’s also crushing it on the recruiting trail.
Im not sure why but I wouldn't mind seeing Hamilton win one.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Just gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other and soon we'll be walking out the door.
1597069068273.png

Reaction Score
Just look at the blue bloods and similarly high level programs...the older coaches are the guys that are good enough to do it for that long. There's a reason they're still around

Self - 57
Cal - 61
Izzo -65
Roy - 70
K - 73
Boeheim - 104

Ville a couple years removed from axing their 67 yr old coach who's still trying to do it...you get the point

you missed a blue blood

D. Hurley - 47

Reaction Score
I do think this kid is a must get, but I for one was really not impressed with that latest AAU highlight video.. Kid looked like a stiff, scoring over smaller players who clearly weren't the same pedigree.

Reaction Score
Ya probably won’t even come close on points. I think it’s 2600+ points and he is just at 1000 right? Guaranteed 40 more games if healthy (without tourney) so that would be 40/game. Even throwing in a few tourney games each year it’s still an astronomical number to average.

edit-Mustapha Heron scored almost 2100 in 3 seasons...crazy numbers.
Aleksinas, albeit in an even less competitive league, put up 960 his senior year while reportedly playing with mono. He totaled 1900+ over 3 seasons. He didn’t play as a frosh. DC’s sophomore year is the scoring equivalent of Chuck’s JR year. So, with a similar progression, and full seasons, he could add 1800-1900 the next two years.

Reaction Score
I do think this kid is a must get, but I for one was really not impressed with that latest AAU highlight video.. Kid looked like a stiff, scoring over smaller players who clearly weren't the same pedigree.

He's 7'2" at 16. He's not even close to coming into his body, especially in terms of strength.

Go watch Porzingis' tape from when he's 16-18. You won't be blown away. It takes time for these towering guys. The fact that Clingan is coordinated and has some skill at 7'2" and 16 y/o is remarkable. His potential is pretty substantial.

Reaction Score
Especially that year when everyone picked them to win and UConn blew them out of the building.

Assassins on the line the whole tournament but it really showed in the MSU game.

Reaction Score

Nothing on there makes him look at all like a stiff. He's a 7' 16 year old with a bunch of nats swatting and flying around him. His footwork is very good around the basket for his age and he certainly knows where the basket is. Does he have a couple of things to get better at, heck yeah. But where he is with 2 years left in HS is no where near calling him a stiff. Can score it with both hands, shoot it, reverse lay ins, drop steps. So much more to come we can only hope he stays home!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This kid isn’t UConn talent. Skip.

Reaction Score
Clearly everyone disagrees with you including Dan Hurley, Tom Izzo, Jim Boeheim and countless others far more qualified. Calling a 16 year old recruit a stiff is a bad look. Family members of recruits read this board on occasion. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but not all of those opinions necessarily need to be shared on a public message board in such a non constructive manner.

Reaction Score
Wow... That's all I have to say.

Wow.

You guys are something special...

Reaction Score
Long Grind ahead for 2022. One step at a time.

The casual fan reads this as we still have some work to do on Clingan and a commitment isn't necessarily imminent. But at least with the 2021 class in the fold, we can really begin to truly focus on 2022!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
how many good players/teams has this kid showed against? i mean, in the brief looks I've gottne, all i see are chairs out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom