Cliff Omoruyi to visit tomorrow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cliff Omoruyi to visit tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Number one I’ve seen him play. But if you don’t want to take my word for it here’s a clip of Cliff. Note the 3 pointer he hits with a defender in his face at the end of the video.

Gonna be gonest with you--all the highlights I've seen don't show me a great shooter yet. In the workout vid someone Iposted, he did have decent form. That seems to suggest that he has the potential to get there, but I wouldn't vategorize him as a "shooter" yet. My center hits 87% from the FT line and 48% from 3 in shooting drills and workouts (we track it electronically). He has yet to take a jump shot in games, despite me drawing plays to get him comfortable with it.

"Can shoot" and "shooter" are different here imo.

Certainly, I hope you prove me wrong though!

Reaction Score
Gonna be gonest with you--all the highlights I've seen don't show me a great shooter yet. In the workout vid someone Iposted, he did have decent form. That seems to suggest that he has the potential to get there, but I wouldn't vategorize him as a "shooter" yet. My center hits 87% from the FT line and 48% from 3 in shooting drills and workouts (we track it electronically). He has yet to take a jump shot in games, despite me drawing plays to get him comfortable with it.

"Can shoot" and "shooter" are different here imo.

Certainly, I hope you prove me wrong though!

Polley taught me the difference.

Reaction Score
The timing of this visit is interesting considering Wahab might be committing on the 30th.

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Number one I’ve seen him play. But if you don’t want to take my word for it here’s a clip of Cliff. Note the 3 pointer he hits with a defender in his face at the end of the video.

Well, I'll defer judgment to those who have seen more of him. To me, looks a lot like Brimah. Long, good timing on blocks, likes to dunk, can run the floor. He seemed a little surprised to have hit the one jumper on the video. But I'll buy, on defensive presence alone.

Reaction Score
For the record, I talked about the possibility of him reclassifying in a thread a week or two ago. Not trying to get all Chiefy here, just thought I would throw it out there. I’m not an insider, but I had heard talk of the staff looking into him as a possible reclass after they missed on Kofi. I think Wahab is still priority #1, but Cliff is the real deal. He’s a longer, taller version of Akok and can step out and hit the 3. Hurley is trying to build a Nova type roster where all 5 players are a threat from anywhere on the floor.
You mean “positionless

I did. Too lazy to correct it.

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Hoophall Classic: Sophomore and Junior Stock Boosters
What a beast. I mean seriously, this young man has a build that most college juniors wish they could have. He's very happy to use his strength and athleticism too and likes to trade elbows and contact in the paint. I loved Omoruyi's activity level, willingness to do the dirty work and acceptance that he's not his team's go to scorer. He's an ego-free player who is trying to do anything he can to win. (Bossi)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Hoophall Classic: Sophomore and Junior Stock Boosters
What a beast. I mean seriously, this young man has a build that most college juniors wish they could have. He's very happy to use his strength and athleticism too and likes to trade elbows and contact in the paint. I loved Omoruyi's activity level, willingness to do the dirty work and acceptance that he's not his team's go to scorer. He's an ego-free player who is trying to do anything he can to win. (Bossi)

Now That is something we very much need around here. Tired of watching UConn teams get pushed around.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
With our luck lately with big men we'll probably get a 7'5" guy with a 6'10" wingspan.
images

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

We need him to reclass just for the body alone. Somebody get this kid some credits!

Reaction Score
Have some information on this, as I am from the area and have friends who are close with the RC program. He very likely is not going to re-classify as he will be showcased much more next year once some others graduate.

Also told that Auburn is the clear front runner right now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Have some information on this, as I am from the area and have friends who are close with the RC program. He very likely is not going to re-classify as he will be showcased much more next year once some others graduate.

Also told that Auburn is the clear front runner right now.

For the record, I was just joking with the post just above yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom