Cliff in hospital for treatment | The Boneyard

Cliff in hospital for treatment

Reaction Score
No real details.
"Former Portland Trail Blazer Clifford Robinson is in a hospital in Portland being treated for an undisclosed medical issue."
Get well Cliff.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I wonder if it's emphysema? That's usually something only life long smokers get.

Reaction Score
Wishing Cliffy a speedy and healthy recovery.

19.5/7.5 in the NBA over 17 seasons is pretty damn impressive dammit (and he played excellent defense to boot). Every time I see that I'm amazed with his achievements. It took Dom almost 2 years to realize what he had LOL

Reaction Score

19.5/7.5 in the NBA over 17 seasons is pretty damn impressive dammit (and he played excellent defense to boot). Every time I see that I'm amazed with his achievements. It took Dom almost 2 years to realize what he had LOL
Perno's last straws were mostly Earl Kelley debacle but losing & not using Cliff played a small part. So in the 2nd year when Dom realized what he'd had it was watching on his TV.

Of all the guys whose lives Calhoun changed I think Cliffy is #1 cuz we saw both with and without JC.

Speedy recovery Cliffy!

Reaction Score

He was highly underrated but those weren't his averages.

Reaction Score
Ha, I thought that looked a little off. Maybe Mau has had a few sessions with Cliffy over the years. True average was 14.2/4.6. He averaged over 20 PPG over a 4 year period though, impressive, I used to love watching those late 80s Blazers team. He was our first prominent player on a bigtime championship contender team. Get well Cliff!

Reaction Score
As a freshman, Cliff and Phil played an appropriate amount of minutes I believe. They both played a lot their soph seasons until they were ruled academically ineligible for the second half of the year. I will never forget going out and getting the paper and reading the headline that they were done for the year. Both clearly benefited from JC, but they were playing under Dom. Also, I remember reading a story that Cliff really like Oklahoma and it was down to us and them and that he could not decide and he said that whichever Letter of Intent arrived first was where he was going.......

Reaction Score

He played 17 seasons in the NBA with the Portland Trail Blazers, Phoenix Suns, Detroit Pistons, and New Jersey Nets, averaging 19.7 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.

Robinson won the 1992 Sixth Man of the Year award, and was an All-Star with the Blazers in 1994.

That's what the article said sorry.

Reaction Score
Fond memories of Cliff playing pickup, running the point at 6-10, baseball hat completely sideways, dribble up to his chest. But when it was time to play hard, he was awesome.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many kids he ended up with?? Maybe he is just wore out?

Reaction Score
As a freshman, Cliff and Phil played an appropriate amount of minutes I believe. They both played a lot their soph seasons until they were ruled academically ineligible for the second half of the year. I will never forget going out and getting the paper and reading the headline that they were done for the year. Both clearly benefited from JC, but they were playing under Dom.
Great story on Okl, don't remember ever hearing that. I agree that Phil played appropriately his frosh year but not Cliff. Cliff averaged 15 minutes and I'd bet it went down in BEast play. He was behind Besselink and Tim Coles both solid defenders but not offensive players. Jeff King probably played more than Cliff. Cliff wasn't allowed to shoot from outside and only gave a few brief glimpses of his potential. He was a completely different player a year later scoring 100+ more points in 16 games pre-suspension then in 28 as a frosh.

The signature moment was when a frustrated Cliff got a technical foul in a late season Big East game amidst finally getting some burn and showing promise. Perno took Cliff out and wouldn't put him back in and a frustrated Cliff stood the entire rest of the game as the fans behind him complained.

Reaction Score
The signature moment was when a frustrated Cliff got a technical foul in a late season Big East game amidst finally getting some burn and showing promise. Perno took Cliff out and wouldn't put him back in and a frustrated Cliff stood the entire rest of the game as the fans behind him complained.[/QUOTE]

I recall Cliff flipping the crowd the bird at this point, does anyone else remember that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom