OT: - Cleveland _____________________ Name That Team | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Cleveland _____________________ Name That Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Cleveland Rockers is the most natural fit and feels very baseball. They can play up the whole rock and roll angle and go with a new color scheme. An issue could be the Colorado Rockies. MLB might not want two teams with very similar names.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking along the same line as you.

Cleveland was established on July 22, 1796, by surveyors of the Connecticut Land Company when they laid out Connecticut's Western Reserve into townships and a capital city. They named the new settlement "Cleaveland" after their leader, General Moses Cleaveland.

So Cleveland Nutmeggers would be nice.
Maybe the Cleveland Cleavelands so we can right the wrong that some newspaper did.
Most of those surveyors were natives of my hometown of Suffield including the largest landowner in America at the time

Reaction Score
It's been a while since I lived in the South but don't you have this backwards? I was pretty regularly called a yankee by southerners as a term of derision. I don't know why they'd be offended by a word used to describe northerners.
Redskins?

Reaction Score
I think Cleveland Rockers is the most natural fit and feels very baseball. They can play up the whole rock and roll angle and go with a new color scheme. An issue could be the Colorado Rockies. MLB might not want two teams with very similar names.
How about the Cleveland Careys?
1608307720592.png

Reaction Score
Then how about the Cleveland Rollers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger