Clemson @ Notre Dame - 12/29/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clemson @ Notre Dame - 12/29/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
As bad as ND looked with Sniezek on the floor, they looked even worse without her in there to flop on every defensive possession :cool:

I just feel so sorry for Notre Dame. It's hard to find the words to express my sorrow, so I'll have to use nonverbal communication

View attachment 49498
You nailed it - Stanford fans aren't missing her, but Sniezek is great at taking a charge and while she's offensively challenged at everything but trying to drive in the lane and hope for something to happen (foul or layup), she is a great passer, relatively stable ball-handler, and has a high basketball IQ, so she makes the players around her look better. In the case of ND, it's shocking to realize that they could, and did, look substantially worse without her...

Reaction Score
Clemson played way better than they did in the Maryland game. They actually shut out Thornton in that game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Clemson is not as bad as their record. They played some good teams Alabama, Penn State, South Carolina, Maryland, Iowa, Florida state...

Still, a pretty dreadful loss for ND. Not a NCAA team this year. To bad, so sad... (NOT!)...
SC beat Clemson by 36 - at Clemson - and Dawn Staley called off the dogs in the 4th quarter. Clemson may have played some tough teams, but they weren't competitive. ND must be awful.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm just waiting for that press conference to drop

bobby hill popcorn.gif

Reaction Score
These are a lot better.
ACC Network version of highlights.
Spray was hitting some ridiculous threes.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She doesn't seem thrilled with Sniezek not playing. "Up to her . . . I have no idea"
I was taken aback by her answer to "How much did it hurt not having Marta today?" She was basically, "I don't think it mattered. It would've been nice to have an extra sub." Damn

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
These are a lot better.
ACC Network version of highlights.
Spray was hitting some ridiculous threes.

The 5th three just before the half time buzzer within spitting distance of Muffet was surreal.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She doesn't seem thrilled with Sniezek not playing. "Up to her . . . I have no idea"

Now that is a telling remark perhaps? Hard to blame Muffet for her discomfort. That team scored 6 points in the second quarter!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just listened to Muffet and she quickly says "we hung our heads" and "we need another year", "we need a go to player" and in saying all that I don't think she's challenging this team, she's writing it off. And yes, all that deep breathing ... she felt like crying out of frustration.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sounds like McGraw is pretty much throwing in the towel for this year. Threw the bench under the bus.

She threw a couple starters under the bus as well. What’s more, this is the 2nd game in a row (Clemson & DePaul) that MM has appeared bitter and overly critical about her team. Has MM gotten some pointers about how to host a postgame press conference from Holly Warlick?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does it you remind you of Warlick’s last year?
Yes, absolutely. I used to think MM only dropped bitter, critical remarks about other teams and coaches, i.e. Geno, UConn, Jeff Walz, etc. But it appears that her own team is fair game as well. I’m beginning to understand MM’s struggles with transfers, players leaving early for the pros and recruiting. Who wants to play for this kind of coach?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow rough season for ND. Probably no NCAAs this year. I cant imagine this is what Muffet envisioned for her team a few years ago. None of her strong 2015 class is still there, they'd be a top contender if they had Patberg, Boley and Young. Not to mention Danielle Patterson.

Their top 3 players are all freshmen and they have a strong class coming so I think theyll rebound in the next few years, but this is as stark a contrast as I've ever seen a program endure. 8 straight #1 seeds and back to back title games to likely a losing record and no NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom