Clemson BOT says NO to Big12 | The Boneyard

Clemson BOT says NO to Big12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Translation - the Big 12 didn't offer Clemson a spot.

Reaction Score

I must have missed the memo. Did the Big12 become a 'selector' conference before or after 1/3 of their teams left for greener pastures?

Or was it after they agreed to pay 1o million of WVU's BE withdrawal fee because they were so desperate to add any team?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I must have missed the memo. Did the Big12 become a 'selector' conference before or after 1/3 of their teams left for greener pastures?

Or was it after they agreed to pay 1o million of WVU's BE withdrawal fee because they were so desperate to add any team?

so u missed the fat ass tv deal they got a couple weeks ago then. google it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You also missed the fat ass scoreline that WVU put up on Clemson a couple of months ago. Google it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Adding West Virginia is not desperation - that's a big time football program with recent BCS pelts on their wall. Paying their tab is just the cost of doing business. Adding scrapple like Syracuse is desperation - the Big 12 plucked the Big East's best program, the ACC pilfered it's worst.

The Big 12 is now one of the four power conferences. They'll promote who they want, when they want and the program they touch on the shoulder will scramble out of the ACC or Big East or wherever else without so much as a second thought.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wait wait wait. fishy? weren't u one of the guys in the clem/fsu corner that said this b12 stuff is stupid not to long ago? evil laugh

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
And cue up Conspiracy Kitty.......now!

Reaction Score
You also missed the fat ass scoreline that WVU put up on Clemson a couple of months ago. Google it.

And ONE game proves exactly what?

I will save you the time of googling the Syr-WVU score from last season...Syr 49 WVU 23

So WVU is a top team because of what they did in one game against Clemson but everyone laughs at Syr even though they destroyed that 'top' team head to head.

As I said, basing anything on one game is silly.

Reaction Score
so u missed the fat ass tv deal they got a couple weeks ago then. google it.

Well the blogosphere seems to think that the Big12 TV deal is the second coming but apparently neither FSU nor Clemson does because both of their BOT's have just said 'no interest.'

So, unless ND loses its mind and joins the Big12 for all sports, the top two teams that the Big12 could have added have both said 'NO.'

Reaction Score
People make fun of Greg Swaim but he tweeted the following this morning:

Greg Swaim@GSwaim
Can't ask #FSU to pay exit and allow #ND in partial with little fee. #Big12 losing interest in #Clemson with upgraded ND, FSU interest

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

I will save you the time of googling the Syr-WVU score from last season...Syr 49 WVU 23

So WVU is a top team because of what they did in one game against Clemson but everyone laughs at Syr even though they destroyed that 'top' team head to head.

You're absolutely right; one game analysis is silly. So why don't you compare who was better over....let's say....the last 10 years, shall we?

2011: WVU 10-3, Clemson 10-4 (WVU beats the Christ out of Clemson in the Orange)
2010: WVU 9-4, Clemson 6-7
2009: WVU 9-4, Clemson 9-5
2008: WVU 9-4, Clemson 7-6
2007: WVU 11-2, Clemson 9-4 (WVU beats OU in Fiesta)
2006: WVU 11-2, Clemson 8-5
2005: WVU 11-1, Clemson 8-4 (WVU beats Georgia in Sugar)
2004: WVU 8-4, Clemson 6-5
2003: WVU 8-5, Clemson 9-4
2002: WVU 9-4, Clemson 7-6

So essentially, Clemson finished with a better record than WVU exactly 1 time over the last ten years, with no BCS bowl victories to show for it. They also finished one of those years with a losing record, and another 3 of them only one above .500. So explain to me, sir, how on earth it is that you believe Clemson is the better football program?? Yeah, I thought so.

It's always fun when they make it easy for me...:cool:

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
People make fun of Greg Swaim but he tweeted the following this morning:

Greg Swaim@GSwaim
Can't ask #FSU to pay exit and allow #ND in partial with little fee. #Big12 losing interest in #Clemson with upgraded ND, FSU interest

Well, well, well isn't that interesting?

But Clemson is 1000 percent committed to the ACC, as if speaking in hyperbole makes it that much more emphatic.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
You're absolutely right; one game analysis is silly. So why don't you compare who was better over....let's say....the last 10 years, shall we?

2011: WVU 10-3, Clemson 10-4 (WVU beats the Christ out of Clemson in the Orange)
2010: WVU 9-4, Clemson 6-7
2009: WVU 9-4, Clemson 9-5
2008: WVU 9-4, Clemson 7-6
2007: WVU 11-2, Clemson 9-4 (WVU beats OU in Fiesta)
2006: WVU 11-2, Clemson 8-5
2005: WVU 11-1, Clemson 8-4 (WVU beats Georgia in Sugar)
2004: WVU 8-4, Clemson 6-5
2003: WVU 8-5, Clemson 9-4
2002: WVU 9-4, Clemson 7-6

So essentially, Clemson finished with a better record than WVU exactly 1 time over the last ten years, with no BCS bowl victories to show for it. They also finished one of those years with a losing record, and another 3 of them only one above .500. So explain to me, sir, how on earth it is that you believe Clemson is the better football program?? Yeah, I thought so.

It's always fun when they make it easy for me...:cool:

But didn't you hear the almighty Dabo? Clemson IS the ACC. They've been so successful with that 7-6, 8-5 record every year feasting on the likes of BC and Duke. With Cuse and Pitt coming in, maybe they finally get to 9 and 10 wins regularly now. In the Big12, they might actually have to play some football.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
But didn't you hear the almighty Dabo? Clemson IS the ACC. They've been so successful with that 7-6, 8-5 record every year feasting on the likes of BC and Duke. With Cuse and Pitt coming in, maybe they finally get to 9 and 10 wins regularly now. In the Big12, they might actually have to play some football.

I heard him....I heard him 1000% percent! ;)

Reaction Score

Why are you bringing up Syracuse? You said you were a UConn fan:

"OK, it's not about me and hope the mods understand that I am only replying to clarify where I stand although being accused of being a Syr fan is better than being accused of being a BC troll as happened last week. No love for the arrogance of BC; sort of like ND without the record of doing anything.

Basically, I am not a UConn grad and am only a fan because I have lived in Fairfield Coutny for 12 years now. As I have done in every city/state in which I have lived I 'adopt' the local teams, whether college or pro, and that is why I have interest in UConn. When I lived in Miami it was the hurricanes and the dolphins. Here the Giants, Yankees, etc. Closer to hartford would likely have been the Boston teams. Closest major college is UConn.

I do not live and die UConn sports although I am a fan of both FB and men's hoops. No interest in the chick side of hoops whether pro or college.

Sorry if I bug people when I point out facts and arguments that run counter to what is the conventional wisdom here as I have never been that good at drinking the Koolaid anywhere."

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/tx-ad-on-conference-re-alignment.19430/#post-259230

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And cue up Conspiracy Kitty.......now!

uh sorry, she's on vacation. Fortunately her cousin Lenny agreed to act as a stand in.
Cat-with-hat.jpg

Come back soon Conspiracy Kitty. Come back soon.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
uh sorry, she's on vacation. Fortunately her cousin Lenny agreed to act as a stand in.
Cat-with-hat.jpg

Come back soon Conspiracy Kitty. Come back soon.

Lenny is a sharp-dressed cat. I sense a ZZTop song coming on...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Something happened, because Clemson could have done this months ago but instead waits until right before the playoff system is set before renouncing any interest. Texas never wanted to expand in the first place, so maybe they are the one that killed it. Either way, all but a couple of the insiders on the WVU board are bailing on Clemson/FSU to the Big 12, or have stopped posting altogether. Looks like the ACC holds tight, which means the Big East is UConn's home for a while.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Something happened, because Clemson could have done this months ago but instead waits until right before the playoff system is set before renouncing any interest. Texas never wanted to expand in the first place, so maybe they are the one that killed it. Either way, all but a couple of the insiders on the WVU board are bailing on Clemson/FSU to the Big 12, or have stopped posting altogether. Looks like the ACC holds tight, which means the Big East is UConn's home for a while.

You missed the quotes "insiders". Odd, some thought that Clemson/FSU to the Big 12 wasn't a slam dunk....

Reaction Score
Is observer really a Cuse fan posting on a UCONN board? We've owned these guys since entering the Big East. Talk about brain dead........

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Obviously you and those of your ilk haven't been paying attention. Tuxedo Dodo and a host of other internet insiders and bloggers (some of whom are actually almost real reporters) have been saying that Clemson and FSU are a done deal and have been approved since early May. Get with the "real" game and eschew sanity for the shadowy world of message board insiders, mystery sources and readers of tea leaves.

Reaction Score
Obviously you and those of your ilk haven't been paying attention. Tuxedo Dodo and a host of other internet insiders and bloggers (some of whom are actually almost real reporters) have been saying that Clemson and FSU are a done deal and have been approved since early May. Get with the "real" game and eschew sanity for the shadowy world of message board insiders, mystery sources and readers of tea leaves.

In fairness to the "insiders", they did say that nothing was going to happen until Bowlsby takes over.

Reaction Score
Why are you bringing up Syracuse? You said you were a UConn fan:

"OK, it's not about me and hope the mods understand that I am only replying to clarify where I stand although being accused of being a Syr fan is better than being accused of being a BC troll as happened last week. No love for the arrogance of BC; sort of like ND without the record of doing anything.

Basically, I am not a UConn grad and am only a fan because I have lived in Fairfield Coutny for 12 years now. As I have done in every city/state in which I have lived I 'adopt' the local teams, whether college or pro, and that is why I have interest in UConn. When I lived in Miami it was the hurricanes and the dolphins. Here the Giants, Yankees, etc. Closer to hartford would likely have been the Boston teams. Closest major college is UConn.

I do not live and die UConn sports although I am a fan of both FB and men's hoops. No interest in the chick side of hoops whether pro or college.

Sorry if I bug people when I point out facts and arguments that run counter to what is the conventional wisdom here as I have never been that good at drinking the Koolaid anywhere."

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/tx-ad-on-conference-re-alignment.19430/#post-259230

Wow, somebody needs to get a life considering you either remember that post or took the time to go back and do the research to find it.

I used Syracuse simply to make a point. The poster that I responded to said WVU was better than Clemson and cited last year's Orange Bowl. I looked at WVU's schedule for last year, found the crappiest team that beat them by a wide margin and made the same argument.

Syra, like Pitt, has a much better history in FB than UCONN but recent results are nothing that anyone can use to argue that they are a top program as far as on the field performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom