Clemson BOT says NO to Big12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yes i do. Jerry jpnes etc. they can actually + $ unlike others from the move

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes i do. Jerry jpnes etc. they can actually + $ unlike others from the move

Arkansas leaving would make Missouri look even more stupid. But a trade of Arkansas to B12 and FSU to SEC would make more sense than FSU to B12.

pj

Reaction Score
Then the Big 12 would have an odd number of teams ...Who would make a 12th, Louisville? Would the SEC use the movement to go for NC State and a Virginia team? If FSU were to leave the ACC they'd be open to it.

Reaction Score
Arkansas leaving would make Missouri look even more stupid. But a trade of Arkansas to B12 and FSU to SEC would make more sense than FSU to B12.
Except for the Texas Jedi Mind Tricks, I never understood the Razorbacks leaving the Southwest Conference for the SEC. They were generally one of the Big 3 (with the Longhorns & aTm). One of my classmates at UConn was a big Razorback fan back then because her parents were both alumni. The week of the annual Arkansas-Texas game was sacred to her family.
But money talks.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I can't see why a team would leave one of the most secure and the most lucrative conference to go to a conference that was on life support less than a year ago and could still return there in a few years. Leaving the SEC is absurd and if anyone truly thinks Arkansas would do that needs to think again. I don't care what conference Arkansas used to be in. They are in the premier college football conference and will never need to worry if their conference will fold or not have a premier team in it in a few years. A move from the SEC to Big-12 would asinine.

Reaction Score
I can't see why a team would leave one of the most secure and the most lucrative conference to go to a conference that was on life support less than a year ago and could still return there in a few years. Leaving the SEC is absurd and if anyone truly thinks Arkansas would do that needs to think again. I don't care what conference Arkansas used to be in. They are in the premier college football conference and will never need to worry if their conference will fold or not have a premier team in it in a few years. A move from the SEC to Big-12 would asinine.
Agree 100%. Jerry Jones may have more $$ than Fort Knox, but even he can't support the Big-12 by himself. It must aggravate the hell out of him though that he can't host his alma mater every other year against Texas in his own fish bowl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Jerry Jones may have more $$ than Fort Knox, but even he can't support the Big-12 by himself. It must aggravate the hell out of him though that he can't host his alma mater every other year against Texas in his own fish bowl.

If he paid them enough money he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1