Classic Bob Knight- Dan Patrick interview | The Boneyard

Classic Bob Knight- Dan Patrick interview

Reaction Score
Bob Knight " I hope all of the former Admin at Indiana are dead"

LOL

Reaction Score
I heard (watched) the whole thing. Bobby's losing it somewhat but he knows who he hates. He should suck it up and do something for the fans there that adore him. Even Yogi went back to Yankee Stadium . the Yankees tho.

Reaction Score
yes, he is a crazy old bitter man, but still, LOL

Dan Patrick didn't know how to respond.

Reaction Score
Bob Knight is a PoS. He did not stop there. He said some pretty awful things. No respect for this little manchild.

He's too complex of a character to be reduced to that. He has the propensity to be a raging , but there's also a soul to him that is real and rare. Sometimes the spectrum of selfishness becomes so convoluted that you end up on the other side, and you got a lot of that from Knight. Self-awareness is a double-edged sword that can work to the benefit and detriment of those around you. Those moments when he would completely divorce himself from the faintest of social norms were endearing as long as they were not malicious.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
He's too complex of a character to be reduced to that. He has the propensity to be a raging , but there's also a soul to him that is real and rare. Sometimes the spectrum of selfishness becomes so convoluted that you end up on the other side, and you got a lot of that from Knight. Self-awareness is a double-edged sword that can work to the benefit and detriment of those around you. Those moments when he would completely divorce himself from the faintest of social norms were endearing as long as they were not malicious.

No. Hes a douchenozzle. No need to look deeper.

Reaction Score
Bob Knight is a PoS. He did not stop there. He said some pretty awful things. No respect for this little manchild.
He is a very angry person.
Wow, lots of hate towards this old man. He is also known for his strong conservative views, you forgot to mention that as well.
He also became friends over the years with none other than Jim Calhoun, and Knights protoge was of course Coach K.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is a jerk. Animosity is one thing. Wishing people dead is another. Being a basketball savant does not manifest good will, no matter who his so called friends are. His ability to continue to hate after all these years is not healthy for any human being. He is a sad and hateful person that can't let old grudges go.

Reaction Score

He might not be in a good, stable mental health. Just saying, old age makes one cantankerous, like my old man.

I keep telling my adult children to warn me of any signs of this developing in me. (I don't want to this dad trait.)

Them fukkin buggers always respond by telling me that when they warn me I always ignore them.

Reaction Score
He is a jerk. Animosity is one thing. Wishing people dead is another. Being a basketball savant does not manifest good will, no matter who his so called friends are. His ability to continue to hate after all these years is not healthy for any human being. He is a sad and hateful person that can't let old grudges go.
Seems to me there is a lot of hate to go around here, in this thread.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He might not be in a good, stable mental health. Just saying, old age makes one cantankerous, like my old man.

I keep telling my adult children to warn me of any signs of this developing in me. (I don't want to this dad trait.)

Them fukkin buggers always respond by telling me that when they warn me I always ignore them.
Short term memory is the first to go.

Short term what's it called is the first to go.

When I and my 3 adult sons are all together these days (a rarity, we all live hundreds to thousands of miles apart these days) and I can't get a word in edgewise, I get their attention by saying "what am I, dead?" Stops them cold everytinr and I want it inscribed on my tombstone.

On BK, he's always been a jerk. That being said, he was doing color at at a game at the XL center a year after JC retired. I looked up and almost in front of me, this two cantankerous HOF coaches are deep in conversation. I snapped a pic.

Reaction Score
Seems to me there is a lot of hate to go around here, in this thread.

Seems you're right. I'm not trying to play the role of mother Teresa, but hate is self-perpetuating and at a certain point you become equally guilty regardless of rationalization.

I get it, though. There are people who have done far less where I'd try to strangle the person who tried to find their redeeming qualities.

Reaction Score

Short term what's it called is the first to go.

When I and my 3 adult sons are all together these days (a rarity, we all live hundreds to thousands of miles apart these days) and I can't get a word in edgewise, I get their attention by saying "what am I, dead?" Stops them cold everytinr and I want it inscribed on my tombstone.

On BK, he's always been a jerk. That being said, he was doing color at at a game at the XL center a year after JC retired. I looked up and almost in front of me, this two cantankerous HOF coaches are deep in conversation. I snapped a pic.

Yeah you snapped a picture? Did you forget where you put it (short term memory)...?? LOL Let's see it

Reaction Score
There is no hate going around here, just the truth. He threw chairs in games and at players during practice, choked and head butted players, broke several of his sons bones, berated his players with swears that would make Mike Rice blush and even goes after opposing coaches and refs in violent barrages of swears, physically attacks police officers and fans on multiple occasions, throws hissy fits in front of important people from the university, etc and is overall, a very aggressive person. He is an angry person with an anger management problem. Friends with Jim C or not, he does not command respect, though he tries to bully it out of people, that is for sure.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He managed to get himself fired because he could not keep his hands off of his players - players who if they had exercised the same lack of restraint would have killed him.

He's lucky Indiana is willing to have him back, but he's unable to take any responsibility for what happened to him.

He's just a sad old man.

Reaction Score
There is no hate going around here, just the truth. He threw chairs in games and at players during practice, choked and head butted players, broke several of his sons bones, berated his players with swears that would make Mike Rice blush and even goes after opposing coaches and refs in violent barrages of swears, physically attacks police officers and fans on multiple occasions, throws hissy fits in front of important people from the university, etc and is overall, a very aggressive person. He is an angry person with an anger management problem. Friends with Jim C or not, he does not command respect, though he tries to bully it out of people, that is for sure.

that was called "tough love" :)

Reaction Score

That's fine, but he's a 76-year-old white man from the mid-west. If you're going to condemn him you are going to be doing the same for a lot of people that fall into that demographic. There is a cancerous ideology that plagues a significant part of the country. They are typically white, typically old, and typically conservative and if they're a power-consumed college basketball or football coach, even better. Knight checks all of those boxes and I imagine his persona doesn't derive from a saintly childhood.

He's not equipped to be a coach anymore and that was true even before he became senile. He has legitimate anger programs that I don't think will ever be exorcised and he seems ridden with a fear-induced hate that he'd probably dispute to my face with a few cuss words in-between if he were in the room with me now.

I don't know exactly how many views of his Calhoun shares, but I'd be willing to bet it's at least a few. To the extent a line is drawn where verbal abuse is tolerated - and God knows what else Calhoun did - where physical abuse is not is a flimsy one. You're just gonna have to let that generation go - they're not going to be here forever, and if you squint closely enough there is probably as much progress to extract from their existence if anything, even if they drag their feet on the way out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom