Classic Bob Knight- Dan Patrick interview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Classic Bob Knight- Dan Patrick interview

Reaction Score
He's too complex of a character to be reduced to that. He has the propensity to be a raging , but there's also a soul to him that is real and rare. Sometimes the spectrum of selfishness becomes so convoluted that you end up on the other side, and you got a lot of that from Knight. Self-awareness is a double-edged sword that can work to the benefit and detriment of those around you. Those moments when he would completely divorce himself from the faintest of social norms were endearing as long as they were not malicious.

Nah, duckck Bobby Knight. Just a sad old bully yelling at clouds.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Bob Knight is a PoS. He did not stop there. He said some pretty awful things. No respect for this little manchild.
Have to agree. Had great coaching moments but monster ego. Holding grudges is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
That's fine, but he's a 76-year-old white man from the mid-west. If you're going to condemn him you are going to be doing the same for a lot of people that fall into that demographic. There is a cancerous ideology that plagues a significant part of the country. They are typically white, typically old, and typically conservative and if they're a power-consumed college basketball or football coach, even better. Knight checks all of those boxes and I imagine his persona doesn't derive from a saintly childhood.

He's not equipped to be a coach anymore and that was true even before he became senile. He has legitimate anger programs that I don't think will ever be exorcised and he seems ridden with a fear-induced hate that he'd probably dispute to my face with a few cuss words in-between if he were in the room with me now.

I don't know exactly how many views of his Calhoun shares, but I'd be willing to bet it's at least a few. To the extent a line is drawn where verbal abuse is tolerated - and God knows what else Calhoun did - where physical abuse is not is a flimsy one. You're just gonna have to let that generation go - they're not going to be here forever, and if you squint closely enough there is probably as much progress to extract from their existence if anything, even if they drag their feet on the way out.

That's fine, but he's a 76-year-old white man from the mid-west. If you're going to condemn him you are going to be doing the same for a lot of people that fall into that demographic. There is a cancerous ideology that plagues a significant part of the country. They are typically white, typically old, and typically conservative

Examples of stereotype in a sentence
  1. It's not fair to stereotype a whole group of people based on one person you don't like.

Reaction Score
There is no hate going around here, just the truth. He threw chairs in games and at players during practice, choked and head butted players, broke several of his sons bones, berated his players with swears that would make Mike Rice blush and even goes after opposing coaches and refs in violent barrages of swears, physically attacks police officers and fans on multiple occasions, throws hissy fits in front of important people from the university, etc and is overall, a very aggressive person. He is an angry person with an anger management problem. Friends with Jim C or not, he does not command respect, though he tries to bully it out of people, that is for sure.
And you got all that from the Dan Patrick interview? You are such a phony. I listened to the entire interview and challenge others to do the same, what you stated in your earlier posts about the interview is totally misleading and to me you're on a mission to just demonize the guy. No one likes what he said, but just stop your crappy mission of falsehoods with respect to the interview.

Reaction Score
You have a whole generation that has been born and are now about to start college since Bobby Knight last coached at IU. He should probably bury the hatchet with IU and go while he is still healthy and some people still care. Or not.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
And you got all that from the Dan Patrick interview? You are such a phony. I listened to the entire interview and challenge others to do the same, what you stated in your earlier posts about the interview is totally misleading and to me you're on a mission to just demonize the guy. No one likes what he said, but just stop your crappy mission of falsehoods with respect to the interview.

Where did the guy say that information was in the interview? It's just common examples of what a piece of bob knight is.

Stop making excuses for that scumbag. It's a bad look.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Now who is throwing the hate around? Pot meet kettle.

Reaction Score
Bob Knight is a PoS. He did not stop there. He said some pretty awful things. No respect for this little manchild.
With respect to the interview, this is not true. But yeah you're right, about him it stopping there, the last half of it he talked about fly fishing with his wife. Just hateful stuff. Lol

Reaction Score

What exactly does it take to demonize Bob Knight besides just being aware of him?

C

chiller99.5

Now you can see how the RAT FACED sob developed his artistry for doing less with more working under Knight at West Point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom