Clark’s buzzer beater beats Indiana | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clark’s buzzer beater beats Indiana

Reaction Score
Come on now, UConn has been the face of WBB for decades now, partially in part to due to ESPN coverage. At one point if there was only 60 seconds of WBB coverage , UConn would get 45-50 of those seconds. This season is way below their standard and their two biggest media darlings have been hurt and sidelined for most of the year.

If you think ESPN has it out for UConn then only imagine what fans of other programs feel. Look at Indiana, they are the #2 team in the country and who I believed until recently had the front runner in NPOY Mackenzie Holmes but she got no media attention. Even the promo for college GameDay was all about Caitlin.

As for 3 seed prediction, I don't think it was as personal as some believe. UConn was on the lower half of the 2 seed rankings as it was and they have been struggling with some average teams lately. With Iowa winning against the #2 team it only makes sense they swap places with someone. If they win the Big East tournament they'll be back as a 2 seed for sure.
Good points all around, GCKSFN4L, except I'd be curious to know at what point this season you think Holmes was the front-runner over Clark for NPOY? In many other seasons, Mackenzie well could have won it with her performance this year.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
When talking about a team recently Charlie said "I was right all along." He likes to be "right all along." In that regard, he can't quite quit Iowa. He had them in his top 4 preseason. He'll take every opportunity to move them closer to where he had them early on so he can say ...

Anyhow, the next step for Clark is the more challenging one: leading her team on a deep tournament run. As magical as yesterday was, this Iowa team has weaknesses that even superwoman Clark can't overcome. In the Big 10 tournament getting past Maryland will be very difficult. I would expect another match-up with Indiana to end differently. As for the NCAAT, no more 2nd round exits and they have to hope for a favorable bracket.
Iowa is a top 10 team, all top 10 teams have their weakness (SC is rock solid) and Caitlin covers up a lot of those but if the third or more options on offense are hitting (Martin, Warnock, Marshall) Iowa is really tough to beat.

If there is a rematch against Indiana, it will be interesting because Iowa didn't play great at Indiana and was in it until the minutes. A lot of unforced turnovers that aren't the norm,18 turns total, poor from 3pt range (6-23) with many being wide open, but what really cost them the game was 12-23 from the free throw line. Stuelke was 0-8 but was very active in that game but credit Indiana for fouling her rather giving her easy shots. I want to see that matchup, but Maryland will be really tough.

Reaction Score
Good points all around, GCKSFN4L, except I'd be curious to know at what point this season you think Holmes was the front-runner over Clark for NPOY? In many other seasons, Mackenzie well could have won it with her performance this year.
I felt that way for much of the later half of the season. She had amazing stats, led her team to #2 in the nation and stepped up when Berger was out. All while shooting at almost 70%.

Personally she would get my vote even today, but I believe she lacked the proper media attention. Clark technically was always a front runner this season, but I thought Holmes really had a great and consistent season. She was my personal frontrunner with her productivity and efficiency while also standing out on a great team. Holmes winning was always going to be a longshot but that storybook buzzer beater by Clark sealed the deal for sure.

Reaction Score
I agree
I felt that way for much of the later half of the season. She had amazing stats, led her team to #2 in the nation and stepped up when Berger was out. All while shooting at almost 70%.

Personally she would get my vote even today, but I believe she lacked the proper media attention. Clark technically was always a front runner this season, but I thought Holmes really had a great and consistent season. She was my personal frontrunner with her productivity and efficiency while also standing out on a great team. Holmes winning was always going to be a longshot but that storybook buzzer beater by Clark sealed the deal for sure.
I agree. Clark is otherworldly but I just thought Holmes was absolutely phenomenal and I’d vote for her today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom