Cincy vs Harvard | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cincy vs Harvard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It would have been nice if UC had players that can make lay-ups. Harvard didn't even play that well and still lead the entire second half. Not even upset, this is what UC was this season.

Rubles with the missed gimme. Jackson with the absurd flip shots when he is the most athletic guy on the floor (save Saunders maybe). Just wasn't their day.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Cincy scored 29. That's not bad, especially after the putrid start. But they gave up 36. They can't score 72 in a game. They need to hold Harvard to about 20 points in the second half if they want to win.
Good call! A Harvard 20 pt half would have yielded a Cincy 1 pt win.

Reaction Score
It would have been nice if UC had players that can make lay-ups. Harvard didn't even play that well and still lead the entire second half. Not even upset, this is what UC was this season.

Rubles & Jackson killed ya'll, and I don't know what Jackson was doing out there on both ends. I've seen him in games try to go through guys for dunks and today he was playing like he was 5'10" at the rim.

Reaction Score
Can we finally admit that Cincy is a middle of the road program and Mick Cronin is a middle of the road coach. Anyone who thought Cincinnati basketball was going to bring the AAC into the big time was dreaming. They are what they are...a poor man's Iowa State...

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
So much for heroes made in March ;)
Haha, now that is funny. I wish Cronin would keep his mouth shut sometimes. He said time and time again that his seniors had "big plans" in March, yet none of them played well at all today.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Can we finally admit that Cincy is a middle of the road program and Mick Cronin is a middle of the road coach. Anyone who thought Cincinnati basketball was going to bring the AAC into the big time was dreaming. They are what they are...a poor man's Iowa State...
Depends what you mean by "middle of the road." If you mean a school that will consistently make the NCAA Tournament but won't be a true National Title contender...then yes, Cincinnati is a middle road school.

Reaction Score
Iowa State is Hoiberg...the end. Cincy's better than that program historically (although maybe not until Hoiberg leaves).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I will always have a beef against Iowa State for losing as a 2 seed to Hampton. It killed my player pool and Brackets. Jamaal Tinsley and Marcus Fizer literally led Larry Eustache to drink.

Reaction Score
I know that they are league brethren and represent one of the best teams in the AAC. I know that I should have rooted for them but come on admit it. Wasn't it nice to see Jackson's mug wiped clean?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Yes, drawing sweeping conclusions from one game in a single-elimination tournament is always a good idea.

Reaction Score
Iowa State is Hoiberg...the end. Cincy's better than that program historically (although maybe not until Hoiberg leaves).

caw

Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn would have swept Cinci if Daniels had played that first game.

Reaction Score
Eh. A 5-12 is not an embarrassment. Let's see how VCU and St. Louis do, also. So far, A10 had a game no one expected them to win, so it wasn't a big deal, win or loss.

The #15 team in the country just lost to an Ivy!

Reaction Score
The #15 team in the country just lost to an Ivy!
It happens every year. Do we dress down every conference has a team upset in the opening round? I mean, Harvard beat a 3 seed last year in New Mexico.

People killed the Big East in 2011, since only 2 teams made the S16. And then the 9th place team in the conference won the whole damn thing.

Flukey early games do not define a conference. Performance later in the tournament does.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
3cincystooges_zpsc4f22cac.jpg

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Reaction Score
I will admit that I was dead wrong on this one. If I were a betting man I would have bet the house on Cinci to win this game - fortunately for my wife I'm not a betting man.

Reaction Score
Yes, drawing sweeping conclusions from one game in a single-elimination tournament is always a good idea.
They are what they are. When was the last time they went past the Sweet 16? We've won 3 national championships since they last made an Elite 8. kobe actually gets it right. They'll make the Dance on a fairly regular basis, but they aren't going any where once there.

Reaction Score
I will admit that I was dead wrong on this one. If I were a betting man I would have bet the house on Cinci to win this game - fortunately for my wife I'm not a betting man.

I felt the same, and it was being discussed on twitter from b/w quite a few folks, Wolken from USA Today, Dauster from NBC Sports, and B Snow of Scout, how was Harvard going to be able to score. Cincy was able to shut them down late but by that point it was too late, Harvard had already carved them up on offense and scored too many points, and its going to be difficult for Cincy to make up a deficit with that offense.

Reaction Score
They are what they are. When was the last time they went past the Sweet 16? We've won 3 national championships since they last made an Elite 8. kobe actually gets it right. They'll make the Dance on a fairly regular basis, but they aren't going any where once there.
And UConn's won 2 since the last time Iowa State made the Sweet 16.

Cincy will be fine. They aren't Duke--or, closer to home, Syracuse/Louisville. But they ain't that bad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cincinnati's biggest problem is that they are really a one-trick pony.

They're like 250th in the country in shooting percentage and they struggle to score -they need to stop you from scoring to have a chance.

They just could not get a stop against Harvard and you saw how ugly it got when Cincy had to press on offense - they missed about 10 layups.

Oh, and Cronin....not a good coach. Not even in the neighborhood of being a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom