Cincinnati vs UConn in the 4/5 game | The Boneyard

Cincinnati vs UConn in the 4/5 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was thinking the same thing. At least you'll be the "home" team. Rofl. Houston pretty dang hot right now. They might go get that bid......

Reaction Score
NIT guys mark it down. Sorry I'm never like this, always hold out hope but I see a team and staff who don't seem to have a lot of skin in the game.

Another crappy Madness, this blows!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The way things are trending for us, Zack Tobler will end up dropping 40 for you guys.

Reaction Score
Houston gets the number 2 spot, and probably only needs to beat Tulsa to reach the final. UConn will need to beat Cincy, and probably Temple to get there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
NIT guys mark it down. Sorry I'm never like this, always hold out hope but I see a team and staff who don't seem to have a lot of skin in the game.

Another crappy Madness, this blows!
ARod went yard today!!

Reaction Score
Win the aac tournament to be deemed worthy. Outside of that, enjoy the nit
Actually, the road to the final is tough enough that getting there will likely be enough to earn a bid. Wins over Cincy, and Temple would lift the rpi a good bit. The problem is that UConn is 0-4 vs those two teams. This is looking like a 2 bid league. Which ever team out of UConn, Cincy, and Temple makes the final will get a bid, win or lose. Either Tulsa, or Houston should be the other team in the final. Tulsa can lose the final, and still get in. Houston likely can't. If they lost, one of the semi-final losers might have a prayer.

Reaction Score
Actually, the road to the final is tough enough that getting there will likely be enough to earn a bid. Wins over Cincy, and Temple would lift the rpi a good bit. The problem is that UConn is 0-4 vs those two teams. This is looking like a 2 bid league. Which ever team out of UConn, Cincy, and Temple makes the final will get a bid, win or lose. Either Tulsa, or Houston should be the other team in the final. Tulsa can lose the final, and still get in. Houston likely can't. If they lost, one of the semi-final losers might have a prayer.
Houston has like 80 RPI they played NO ONE out of conference

Reaction Score
Houston has like 80 RPI they played NO ONE out of conference
Their RPI is 71, and climbing. They may have played no one OOC, but they've kicked some butt in league play. If they hadn't somehow lost to USF, they'd be in the mix for an at large. That said, if UConn loses in the final to either Tulsa, or Houston, the RPI would be in the low 40's. Move that up 2 spots because of SMU, and Louisville being ineligible, and that's probably enough to get in.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm sort of ambivalent at this point. Of course I root for the team, but honestly, to get myself worked up over thinking about how we get an at large to the NCAA's - it should never have come down to this. The coach and team pissed away one opportunity after another this season, pulling losses from the jaws of victory. Puzzling and frustrating for sure.

Reaction Score
@Jerry1714 is convinced we're firmly in. Lets stop this argument now.
They're definitely not firmly in. But they aren't out.

Now, if they lose to UCF they definitely are. And I'd have much preferred Houston to Cincy in the first round, since that first round game is likely an elimination game.

Reaction Score
Right now Cincy & UConn are about as equal as possible in terms of an at-large however if Cincy finds a way to beat SMU Sunday I think Cincy becomes a lock regardless of AAC tourney, if Cincy loses then UConn/Cincy a true play-in game. UConn has to win UCF & 1st game of AAC tourney, lose 1st game of AAC tourney I don't see how we get a bid unless some other Bubble teams perform really badly.

Reaction Score

No.

I'm not saying that UConn deserves it, but you can't invalidate a 30 game season because of a few games.

If what you wrote made any sense, then UConn winning games over Texas, Michigan, etc. would count for nothing.

Again, I am close to mauconnfan's position on this but I'm not going to lose my mind and say that UConn needs to make the conference final. The 2 Temple losses aren't going to be the sole determinant of the season for UConn.

Reaction Score
@Jerry1714 is convinced we're firmly in. Lets stop this argument now.
Ha, never said that tinfoil hat.

Team has work to do due to the Houston loss.

But I look forward to your usual completely unsupported analysis that UConn has no chance to make it because the NCAA hates us and the AAC. Those posts are always very informative.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Great, so I'm not going to be able to watch Friday OR Saturday night's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom