Cincinnati basketball | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cincinnati basketball

Reaction Score
That guy is a troll
Yeah, but there could be something there. This was posted on Cincinnati's 247 board:

There is a growing number of folks in the coaching community that believe a coaching change is imminent for the Bearcats. Could be bad rumors swirling, but I have been contacted with similar beliefs from two different staffs in the region over the past 36 or so hours.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
xavier fans are such nerds and losers that they run multiple troll accounts just to get the UC boards in a frenzy.

Reaction Score
Deleted tweet from Slater

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 11.03.19 PM.png

Reaction Score
Frank Martin is desperate to get out of South Carolina and will tell anyone who will listen he wants to come back here (was an assistant under Huggins) just like he did when we hired Brannen.
If Frank Martin desperately wanted to coach at Cincinnati a couple years ago why did you guys hire John Brannen?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Martin is a good coach but, if Brannen’s tough style wore thin, you’re not exactly getting warm and fuzzy with Frank Martin.

Reaction Score
Martin is a good coach but, if Brannen’s tough style wore thin, you’re not exactly getting warm and fuzzy with Frank Martin.
I hadn't seen Frank Martin in a while so pulled him up. I almost didn't recognize him, he must have alopecia. He's bald but also has no eyebrows and looks to have no body hair.

Reaction Score
Frank Martin is desperate to get out of South Carolina and will tell anyone who will listen he wants to come back here (was an assistant under Huggins) just like he did when we hired Brannen.
So incredibly bizarre to see SCarolina fall off a cliff after that FFour run in 2017. I really wonder what happens in cases like this. 3 seasons of barely .500 play and a below .500 season quickly followed. I would think recruiting would have improved after that run...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
So incredibly bizarre to see SCarolina fall off a cliff after that FFour run in 2017. I really wonder what happens in cases like this. 3 seasons of barely .500 play and a below .500 season quickly followed. I would think recruiting would have improved after that run...

Don't forget that an SC assistant was under NCAA investigation back in 2017 and SC and Frank Martin were feeling the heat as well. That may have been a factor in not landing the type of talent they had just started paying.

Reaction Score
He's had a really rough year...from what I gather he got Covid, got alopecia, had knee replacement surgery, and then got Covid a second time where it was really bad. I really like the guy and hope he's fine.

Alopecia is weird, I know two guys in their late 30's who got it. One basically woke up one morning and his eyebrows were completely gone. He has head hair but no eyebrows, sideburns, facial hair etc. it never came back. Another one not long after lost every single hair on his body. Strangest part is they were together working on the same ship for months at a time years before.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Isn't this essentially what happened with us after 2014? lol

Reaction Score
Possible, but I've seen enough of Martin's press conferences and interview to know that he has a likable side too. Very self-deprecating, doesn't take himself too seriously. Personally, he's one of my favorite coaches.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Cincy just signed its first '21 commit, forward Bryson Spell whose other offers are Virginia Tech, GW, Elon and Old Dominion. Interesting timing.
That offer list is...not great.

Looks like a regional recruit who VT was throwing a bone but probably wasn't all that interested in.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
If Frank Martin desperately wanted to coach at Cincinnati a couple years ago why did you guys hire John Brannen?
the interest was more on his side than ours. i didn't think he was the answer then and I don't think he's the answer now. his resume out of 1 blip year where he had some dudes get hot in the tournament is...uh not good. His success at Kansas State is a distant memory at this point.

Reaction Score
Yup sounds like a way to fire him with cause... or force him to resign with a lowered buyout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom