Cinci Postgame Quotes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cinci Postgame Quotes

Reaction Score
I feel for cv. But maybe this last wild play is the final wake up call he needs to tighten his game up a little bit more. He’s improved a lot from last year but still a bit to go. Might be blessing in disguise

Reaction Score
When your first contact with the guy is all ball, then you are definitively making a play on the ball. It’s not a flagerant, by rule, if you are making a legitimate play on the ball. No clue what the refs were watching there, because it wasn’t the same replay we all saw, that’s for sure
Exactly. It's obviously a common foul though. Refs were bad and it's inexcusable they reviewed that and called it a flagrant but it's silly when some fans try and say it wasn't a foul or that Vital pushing off at the end wasn't a foul.

Reaction Score
Vital deff pushed off in the end but that deff was not a flagrant against him. Terrible call

Reaction Score
The flagrant was bs and one of the drives towards the end forget who it was but looked liked they were fouled. Either way kudos to the team for fighting and finding a way after losing Jalen. Really needed this W cause think it would have given the team that "signature" road win, per se, to propel them.

Like what I'm seeing the past 2 games don't think they'll make the tourney but there are positive gains happening

Reaction Score
I feel for cv. But maybe this last wild play is the final wake up call he needs to tighten his game up a little bit more. He’s improved a lot from last year but still a bit to go. Might be blessing in disguise
I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes straight to the gym when they get back to campus at like 3am lol he seems like the type of kid Hurley would have to yell at to go get some sleep

Reaction Score
Vital's bravado has irked me in the past, but damn if he hasn't won me over in the end.
He reminds of the good parts of Dyson. Better natural leader. Dyson made sure Kemba didn’t the keys for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
Exactly. It's obviously a common foul though. Refs were bad and it's inexcusable they reviewed that and called it a flagrant but it's silly when some fans try and say it wasn't a foul or that Vital pushing off at the end wasn't a foul.
Vital flagrant could been worse. Did Cincy score on the free possession? His bump st the end was a foul. Sids bump. Meh.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The flagrant to me was basically the refs calling it an intentional foul after the fact even though they couldn’t call it intentional after review so they went with the only thing they could which is total bs imo. If it’s not called live an intentional, move along.

Reaction Score
I love Vitale. He is nails. Nobody plays harder. You could almost sense the realization in his comments that he needed to get the ball to someone more equiped to deliver. It's like he finally understands his limitations a beat too late but at the same time is going to push past those limitations and win us one at some point. Heartbreaking and positive all at once.

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
When your first contact with the guy is all ball, then you are definitively making a play on the ball. It’s not a flagerant, by rule, if you are making a legitimate play on the ball. No clue what the refs were watching there, because it wasn’t the same replay we all saw, that’s for sure
I said during chat I thought it was a foul but definitely not flagrant. Vital came over from the right to the point that he got just ahead of Cumberland, got his left hand on the ball, but did hit with the body. Cumberland also shouldered into him, but I saw foul on Vital, two shots, no flagrant.

Reaction Score
As a fan you get discouraged when a player takes a weak swipe and doesn't foul hard enough to assure no easy lay in. When CV hustled down to make the play he certainly had the intent to not allow him to make an easy shot but also made sure he got the ball. I was watching it with my son and said "good foul" immediately. Rewinding it I said nice foul and there's no way on earth they can call a flagrant. Atrocious call and needs to be looked at because 3 guys can not come to the conclusion that foul isn't just a good basketball play, no way. The 3 of them were awful the whole game but having time to look at a play and still coming up wrong? Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Trust me, seeing the video would just confuse you more. It wasn’t a flagrant at all. In fact, it was an awful foul call. Got 100% ball
You’re kidding right?

It was 100% a foul. No way it was a flagrant foul, but if you don’t think that’s a foul, you’re crazy.

Reaction Score
Humility goes a long way. He's a keeper.

Approached the last play the wrong way....but the kid made a number of big threes just to keep us in the game.

Looking forward to him and Al anchoring the backcourt next season.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Does anyone have video/can explain the flagrant, I didn’t get to see it, thanks!
I don't have video but I felt strongly it was a very bad call. Vital played the ball, it was not excessive, and the Cincy player stepped into Vital at the last second, making it seem worse than it was. Very bad call and it hurt us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Trust me, seeing the video would just confuse you more. It wasn’t a flagrant at all. In fact, it was an awful foul call. Got 100% ball

Should have been a jump ball. Fantastic defensive play.

Reaction Score
I love Vitale. He is nails. Nobody plays harder. You could almost sense the realization in his comments that he needed to get the ball to someone more equiped to deliver. It's like he finally understands his limitations a beat too late but at the same time is going to push past those limitations and win us one at some point. Heartbreaking and positive all at once.
Dick Vitale is playing for us? Is Hurley getting desperate or what. :eek:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Vital deff pushed off in the end but that deff was not a flagrant against him. Terrible call
Yeah CV pushed off but the Cinci guy reached in and hit his arm right before that and the refs let that go - really amazingly horrible and mostly one sided called game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom