CIAC Playoffs... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

CIAC Playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree Shelton is a better geographic fit for the NVL though.

Also heard SPB reporting the Bridgeport (Central. Harding, Bassick) schools were in talks with the NVL for membership. Any news on that front?

Oxford would be a natural fit geographically. The Bridgeport schools economically make sense and would be great for basketball. It's a terrible idea from a football standpoint. The move would make and already weak league...weaker. Bassick and Harding are terrible. Central has had very good teams but with Coach Cadelina stepping down, I don't see the program maintaining unless they hire a coach who can get the kids to buy into the program. Say....a Jack Cochran. They have the talent and athleticism he loves.

Reaction Score
Oxford would be a natural fit geographically. The Bridgeport schools economically make sense and would be great for basketball. It's a terrible idea from a football standpoint. The move would make and already weak league...weaker. Bassick and Harding are terrible. Central has had very good teams but with Coach Cadelina stepping down, I don't see the program maintaining unless they hire a coach who can get the kids to buy into the program. Say....a Jack Cochran. They have the talent and athleticism he loves.
Oxford is split on the decision to move to NVL. The footballers want to move and most of the other sports want to stay in SWC. A motion at the BOE meeting tonight to rescind the application was split 4/4.

Reaction Score
Murphy from Masuk stepped down today, someone told me he is eyeing Shelton job. Kris you hear anything?

Reaction Score
Murphy from Masuk stepped down today, someone told me he is eyeing Shelton job. Kris you hear anything?

Only what I've read. It could be a good fit. Some people feel there may have been some discussion about it and it's very likely. As far as I know Coach Roy is still there. I think there's a better chance of that then Shelton joining the NVL. Although it makes sense in the major sports, Shelton has many others that most NVL schools don't. I just can't see them leaving the SCC unless it was to join the FCIAC. I think that is where they see themselves geographically, economically, and socio-economically. Besides, Ansonia was 53-10-4 all-time against Shelton in football. Completely dominating the last two decades of the series. I believe Ansonia may have only lost once or twice during that span.

Reaction Score
No I can't see Shelton leaving SCC either, I also don't know how they are going to pay Murphy anything comparable to what he made at Masuk.

Reaction Score

Speaking of Mr. Cochran the rumor I've heard from several good sources is that he may be taking the job at St. Bernard's. Time will tell as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom