CIAC Football playoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CIAC Football playoffs

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hand. and morgan. yup, the 8's. shouldn't even play the games, just give them both the trophies, and send them off to hammy beach to play the real championship game, no pads or cleats. last guy standing gets the case of beer.

Reaction Score
Not many close games.

M Branford 7 Avon 6
L Masuk 20 Naugatuck 17
L St Joes 21 Hand 20 ot

Semis:
S#5 New Fairfield @ #1 Bloomfield
S#3 Ansonia @ #2 Cromwell/Portland

M#5 Branford @ #1 Killingly
M#6 Torrington @ #2 Rockville

L#5 Windsor @ #1 St Joes
L#7 Masuk @ #3 Maloney

LL#5 Shelton @ #1 Fair Prep
LL#3 Darien @ #2 New Canaan

1 #2, 1 #3, and all 4 #4s lost

Reaction Score
At what point does the CIAC realize that Tech schools should have their own playoff division!?!?!? Cheney Tech gets blown out by Windsor, 62-0. Tech schools have NEVER won a state playoff game. Enough is enough. Stop taking home games away from teams to have Tech schools get a high seed and be completely overmatched.

Reaction Score
CLASS LL:

8) GREENWICH 14
1) FAIRFIELD PREP 21

5) SHELTON 42
4) HALL 28

7) SOUTHINGTON 14
2) NEW CANAAN 38

6) HAMDEN 19
3) DARIEN 46

CLASS L:

8) HAND 20
1) ST. JOSEPH 21 (OT)

5) WINDSOR 62
4) CHENEY TECH 0

7) MASUK 20
2) NAUGATUCK 17

6) BRISTOL CENTRAL 14
3) MALONEY 49

CLASS M:

8) GILBERT/NW/HOUSY 14
1) KILLINLGY 49

5) BRANFORD 7
4) AVON 6

7) ELLINGTON 0
2) ROCKVILLE 27

6) TORRINGTON 37
3) GRANBY/CANTON 29

CLASS S:

8) MORGAN 18
1) BLOOMFIELD 50

5) NEW FAIRFIELD 41
4) HOLY CROSS 7

7) NOTRE DAME-FAIRFIELD 20
2) CROMWELL/PORTLAND 29

6) SEYMOUR 14
3) ANSONIA 35

Reaction Score
Imagine being that Gilbert co-op team driving 2 hours to get blown out. Then having to endure the bus ride home. Rough stuff.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Imagine being that Gilbert co-op team driving 2 hours to get blown out. Then having to endure the bus ride home. Rough stuff.

I didn't realize how bad that matchup was. Winsted to Killingly is just brutal.

Reaction Score
A good one. I think the most interesting game might be St Joe's/Hand. I could easily see Hand upsetting the hogs.
St Joe’s is really really good, I’ll be shocked if Hand scores 14 points. My pick St Joe’s 35-3.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame Fairfield and Holy Cross haven't been good in ages. And there is the school of choice multiplier now that St Joe's keeps getting hit with. If you perform well you get bumped up a class.
Notre Dame of Fairfield has their best team in years, but my pick for Class S champ is New Fairfield. Bloomfield is good but they don’t have Andrew Pinnock anymore. The best team in the state this year is New Canaan with Darien close behind.

Reaction Score
Well, since you posted after the game, and were still wrong ... :)
I’m Shocked!!! I thought Hand was in a down year. I did pick the winner though. Looking forward to New Fairfield- Bloomfield. Not surprised Prep beat Greenwich. Well since ST Joe’s was blown out earlier in the season by Darien, just shows how deep the FCIAC is compared to the rest of the state.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I’m Shocked!!! I thought Hand was in a down year. I did pick the winner though. Looking forward to New Fairfield- Bloomfield. Not surprised Prep beat Greenwich. Well since ST Joe’s was blown out earlier in the season by Darien, just shows how deep the FCIAC is compared to the rest of the state.

We can agree on the FCIAC - clearly the best conf this year, but also loaded with mega LL bluebloods. Greenwich had a great chance at beating Prep, too, but their QB got knocked out when they were leading, and wheels fell off.

Reaction Score
We can agree on the FCIAC - clearly the best conf this year, but also loaded with mega LL bluebloods. Greenwich had a great chance at beating Prep, too, but their QB got knocked out when they were leading, and wheels fell off.
It’s sad what has happened to Valley football, there was a time when Ansonia, Derby, Pomperaug and Naugatuck has great programs. Did Ansonia make the playoffs this year? Shelton is still good, but it’s actually in Fairfield County. There has been talk for years about adding Shelton to the FCIAC.

Reaction Score
It’s sad what has happened to Valley football, there was a time when Ansonia, Derby, Pomperaug and Naugatuck has great programs. Did Ansonia make the playoffs this year?
#3 in S. Still playing.

Reaction Score
It’s sad what has happened to Valley football, there was a time when Ansonia, Derby, Pomperaug and Naugatuck has great programs. Did Ansonia make the playoffs this year? Shelton is still good, but it’s actually in Fairfield County. There has been talk for years about adding Shelton to the FCIAC.
Pomperaug has never been the same since Oxford HS was built and the last kids in the program graduated out.

Reaction Score
Make no mistake Shelton is part of the valley and proud of it. Would hate to see them join the FCIAC, would rather a new regional conference that included a Ansonia, Derby, Naugatuck and Seymour could be created.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom