CIAC Football playoffs | The Boneyard

CIAC Football playoffs

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1) Who ya got?
2) More on-topic - where does Mora visit? For efficiency, you could probably try a bunch of St Joes, Prep, Darien, New Canaan. Could visit Rosa in Bristol, then maybe Naugy or Hall? He needs to go full Schiano and get a copter tonight :)

LL:
  • No. 8 GREENWICH (7-3) at No. 1 FAIRFIELD PREP (9-1)
  • No. 5 SHELTON (8-2) at No. 4 HALL (9-1)
  • No. 7 SOUTHINGTON (8-2) at No. 2 NEW CANAAN (9-1)
  • No. 6 HAMDEN (8-2) at No. 3 DARIEN (9-1)
L:
  • No. 8 HAND (7-3) at No. 1 ST. JOSEPH (9-1)
  • No. 5 WINDSOR (9-1) at No. 4 CHENEY TECH (9-1)
  • No. 7 MASUK (8-2) at No. 2 NAUGATUCK (9-1)
  • No. 3 MALONEY (9-1) at No. 6 BRISTOL CENTRAL (9-1)
M:
  • No. 8 GILBERT/NW/HOUSY (6-2) at No. 1 KILLINLGY (9-0)
  • No. 5 BRANFORD (8-2) at AVON (8-2)
  • No. 7 ELLINGTON (7-3) at ROCKVILLE (8-2)
  • No. 6 TORRINGTON (7-3) at No. 3 GRANBY/CANTON 7-3)
S:
  • No. 8 MORGAN (8-2) at No. 1 BLOOMFIELD (10-0)
  • No. 5 NEW FAIRFIELD (8-2) at No. 4 HOLY CROSS (8-2)
  • No. 7 NOTRE DAME-FAIRFIELD (7-2) at CROMWELL/PORTLAND (10-0)
  • No. 6 SEYMOUR (8-2) at No. 3 ANSONIA (9-1)

Reaction Score
My guess is he shows up at Falcon Field in Meriden to watch Rosa. It's at the field of the higher seeded team. If he splits to watch another game it might be Hall vs. Shelton

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if Orlovsky will be at the Shelton Hall game and maybe Mora makes an appearance.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
My guess is he shows up at Falcon Field in Meriden to watch Rosa. It's at the field of the higher seeded team. If he splits to watch another game it might be Hall vs. Shelton

Oops - i even originally had this as a Meriden home game, but went by the GametimeCT cut/paste above, which is wrong. Sigh.

Reaction Score
If Coach Mora wants a flavor of "Valley Football", he will be at the Seymour at Ansonia game. Traditional grudge match. A "Civil War" type game.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Bloomfield being Class S seems unfair.

Reaction Score
Bloomfield isnt what it used to be. They've had some good teams over the last decade but they're nothing like they were in the 90s/early 2000s

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
If Coach Mora wants a flavor of "Valley Football", he will be at the Seymour at Ansonia game. Traditional grudge match. A "Civil War" type game.

A good one. I think the most interesting game might be St Joe's/Hand. I could easily see Hand upsetting the hogs.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I think the same for Holy Cross & Notre Dame being in S. The catholic schools should be put into larger classes given they can "recruit" and aren't bound by the same general rules that public schools are.
Bloomfield, by name, just sounds like a bigger town. I'm always surprised when they are in S.
If Mora has his ship together, of course he's going to the Cromwell/Portland vs Notre Dame game. Everyone knows the best athletes are in Cromwell...and Portland

• Haha
Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
I'm an NVL guy and always forget Naugatuck is L and Ansonia is S, given how Ansonia usually whips up on them. Huge upset when Naugy won this year.

Reaction Score
Naugy coming off a big win over Ansonia
Masuk coming off a big win over Newtown

Masuk's Saccu brothers are very good

Reaction Score
I will be VERY surprised , but pleased, if Southington comes away with a victory against New Canaan. The Knights Achilles' heel in the playoffs in the last decade has been against FCIAC schools. I actually wish that they would play one out of area regular season game against an FCIAC team just to be more competitive in post season.

Reaction Score
I think the same for Holy Cross & Notre Dame being in S. The catholic schools should be put into larger classes given they can "recruit" and aren't bound by the same general rules that public schools are.
Bloomfield, by name, just sounds like a bigger town. I'm always surprised when they are in S.
If Mora has his ship together, of course he's going to the Cromwell/Portland vs Notre Dame game. Everyone knows the best athletes are in Cromwell...and Portland
Can't lump all of the Catholic Schools into larger classes in football. Class S: St. Paul 2-8, East Catholic 3-7, Northwest Catholic 2-7. Class M: Notre-Dame West Haven 3-7 - would all get crushed if they moved up. Plus, and I may be wrong, but isn't there a success factor built in for football? There used to be - if teams dominated in their class over a certain number of years, they were moved up a class or two. I'm recalling Ansonia previously being moved up. Not sure it that's still in place. But if so, then the dominant Catholic schools would get moved up.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame Fairfield and Holy Cross haven't been good in ages. And there is the school of choice multiplier now that St Joe's keeps getting hit with. If you perform well you get bumped up a class.

Reaction Score
Can't lump all of the Catholic Schools into larger classes in football. Class S: St. Paul 2-8, East Catholic 3-7, Northwest Catholic 2-7. Class M: Notre-Dame West Haven 3-7 - would all get crushed if they moved up. Plus, and I may be wrong, but isn't there a success factor built in for football? There used to be - if teams dominated in their class over a certain number of years, they were moved up a class or two. I'm recalling Ansonia previously being moved up. Not sure it that's still in place. But if so, then the dominant Catholic schools would get moved up.
Schools of choice do get bumped up

Reaction Score
I'm an NVL guy and always forget Naugatuck is L and Ansonia is S, given how Ansonia usually whips up on them. Huge upset when Naugy won this year.
The NVL sucks. They need to join the alliance but they won't because they'll get exposed. The conference was good in the 2000s but it has been all downhill from there

Reaction Score
A good one. I think the most interesting game might be St Joe's/Hand. I could easily see Hand upsetting the hogs.
That game might be the defacto championship

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom