Chukwu down to Providence and St. Joes | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chukwu down to Providence and St. Joes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does the writer not realize that UConn has won 3 NCAA championships in the last 15 years?

Talk about mailing it in.
Yup I noticed that, he mentions Kansas like it's this mythical place and he doesn't even mention UConn when writing about a local kid. I've noticed this with some people in CT., they seem to not realize or want to acknowledge that UConn is basketball royalty.

Reaction Score
Yup I noticed that, he mentions Kansas like it's this mythical place and he doesn't even mention UConn when writing about a local kid. I've noticed this with some people in CT., they seem to not realize or want to acknowledge that UConn is basketball royalty.

Maybe, as you're getting a quote from the kid's father, ask if he's spoken to anyone from UConn. If the father says, "UConn, no way, crap. We're shooting for bigger and better!" then that is newsworthy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Maybe, as you're getting a quote from the kid's father, ask if he's spoken to anyone from UConn. If the father says, "UConn, no way, crap. We're shooting for bigger and better!" then that is newsworthy.
Obviously the writer has ten fingers out!

Reaction Score
I think it's meant to show an elite program that's far away even has him on their radar. If they said UConn the initial reaction would be big deal, they're right up the street so they would easily know about him.

Reaction Score
It never seemed like he was recruited aggressively by us. Hard to tell since his camp has pretty much been silent.

Reaction Score
Another example of a tendency for fans to downplay recruiting losses: PC fans right now are saying Abu was getting beat regularly at the PF spot during this summer's AAU season.

Reaction Score
As long as KO keeps pulling in 5 star kids, I don't care what part of the country he "owns". Top recruits are top recruits. We are long past being "regional".

We've also been consistently getting the top basketball players from NYC and most of these players have played a major part in each NC.

Reaction Score
Simply ignorant.

Simply ignorant.

Would you like to elaborate smart guy?

Let's see St Joes and PC vs GTown and UConn..........lot's of big guys knocking down contracts from the 1st 2........after all isn't that the kids dream? I doubt it's to make a mid major happy by getting him!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom