Chukwu article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chukwu article

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Nah he had made it for Midnight Madness or whatever its called his JR year I believe with a bunch of other players during an unofficial, but when he was supposed to visit officially it got called off because he was "studying for his SATs", lol.
Now I remember, he must have studied well in order to get into FSU.

Reaction Score
I'm a UCONN fan but Fairfield County your post about Paschal Chukwu is total crap! It is amazing how ill informed you are. Paschal's handlers were never at odds with the Trinity staff and they never wanted star treatment for Paschal. That is total BS, you and whomever is feeding you this BS are dead wrong! I have gotten to know them and just like today they want him to live as normal a life as possible, no star treatment he is going to be a senior in high school and should be treated as such. The only direction they pulled him in, is school work and earning a diploma, basketball is secondary but important and he needed to be helped in that direction as well. When you mention "the Trinity staff", who do you mean ... their coach? Are you saying he told you he "believed they were doing this kid a serious disservice and pulling him in too many directions." This is total BS. The "staff" is only interested in recruiting and winning and they were and are embarresed by the fact Paschal recognized them for what they are. I have gotten to know Paschal over the past two AAU seasons and last year he told me the story on how he asked to leave Trinity Catholic and how surprised his "handlers", he calls them his parents, were. His "mom" who was on the school's board and "dad" were surprised but they supported his decision and helped him transfer. I have also asked his dad what the story was and he respectfully refused to discuss the matter. Paschal has told me he is glad he transfered. As for being realistic, when he was at Trinity, he knew he was not developing. As a long time fan of Stamford High school basketball, it looked to many like he was headed down the same developement path another Trinity player followed, Tevin Baskin, which is no developement at all, something the Trinity staff has perfected with big men! Today, because of his decision to transfer, and get some deveopemnetal help, Paschal is a top national recruit going to land a full scholarship and he's happy, he is not treated like a star nor does he want to be. Life is about making good decisions with the choices we are presented. While I hope Paschal chooses UCONN, where ever he goes I wish him the best. KO could use Paschal and Paschal would benefit from UCONN!

Reaction Score
NYBallfan Lot's of "BS" so we know you're not happy but appreciate the post and insight. And hopefully you and we get our wish, I want this kid as he's perfect in so many ways for the program.

Reaction Score
I'm a UCONN fan but Fairfield County your post about Paschal Chukwu is total crap! It is amazing how ill informed you are. Paschal's handlers were never at odds with the Trinity staff and they never wanted star treatment for Paschal. That is total BS, you and whomever is feeding you this BS are dead wrong! I have gotten to know them and just like today they want him to live as normal a life as possible, no star treatment he is going to be a senior in high school and should be treated as such. The only direction they pulled him in, is school work and earning a diploma, basketball is secondary but important and he needed to be helped in that direction as well. When you mention "the Trinity staff", who do you mean ... their coach? Are you saying he told you he "believed they were doing this kid a serious disservice and pulling him in too many directions." This is total BS. The "staff" is only interested in recruiting and winning and they were and are embarresed by the fact Paschal recognized them for what they are. I have gotten to know Paschal over the past two AAU seasons and last year he told me the story on how he asked to leave Trinity Catholic and how surprised his "handlers", he calls them his parents, were. His "mom" who was on the school's board and "dad" were surprised but they supported his decision and helped him transfer. I have also asked his dad what the story was and he respectfully refused to discuss the matter. Paschal has told me he is glad he transfered. As for being realistic, when he was at Trinity, he knew he was not developing. As a long time fan of Stamford High school basketball, it looked to many like he was headed down the same developement path another Trinity player followed, Tevin Baskin, which is no developement at all, something the Trinity staff has perfected with big men! Today, because of his decision to transfer, and get some deveopemnetal help, Paschal is a top national recruit going to land a full scholarship and he's happy, he is not treated like a star nor does he want to be. Life is about making good decisions with the choices we are presented. While I hope Paschal chooses UCONN, where ever he goes I wish him the best. KO could use Paschal and Paschal would benefit from UCONN!

Love when someone pops off hardbody on the yard with legit info. Good looks NYballfan

Reaction Score

What was also total crap BS is when a poster on here claimed Paschal didn't face a center taller than 6'5" last year at Prep. They played Hillhouse four (4) times! Good grief Charlie Brown! LOL

Anyway great post. I was going to respond to it the other night but was working on training our dog to break a Guinness World Record. :)

Reaction Score
It won't happen often; but it can, and has. Brandon Austin

that happened before ollie got his contract extension. There is a debate about whether the late start in recruiting due to the APR stuff is a factor this year. However, not having the contract for last year absolutely KILLED ollie.

Reaction Score
It won't happen often; but it can, and has. Brandon Austin
Sean, you have this fascination with Brandon Austin. Hope, for your sake you're not too disapointed for his 1st season. Just look at Deandre Daniel's 1st season. And he was #10.
Austin doesn't have instant superstar written over him yet.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I think Cooley typed up a script for Webber to read off of. I can hear him holding back the laughter right now.
Eh, Ed Cooley needs a hat !

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
You stay classy storrs

I am not a UConn grad, not a resident of Storrs and really don't think the residents of Storrs want me associated with them. I do think Ed Cooley needs a hat !

Reaction Score
I am not a UConn grad, not a resident of Storrs and really don't think the residents of Storrs want me associated with them. I do think Ed Cooley needs a hat !
Right, he could be The Edge or LL Cool J of college basketball.

Reaction Score
PC again? @#$% me when did we ever care about PC- have we fallen that far? I am over the PC/ UCONN are in the same league threads. They have never done $%#@ and we should be ashamed to be as engaged as we are with their fans. It's like having BC fans on our board.

This board is a hot mess.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
PC again? @#$% me when did we ever care about PC- have we fallen that far? I am over the PC/ UCONN are in the same league threads. They have never done $%#@ and we should be ashamed to be as engaged as we are with their fans. It's like having BC fans on our board.

This board is a hot mess.
I've got to get a GT troll over here and see what happens.:)

Reaction Score
Geez, FriarJ, A 1:51AM post!!! Are you still in Alaska?? If not, you really need to get a life...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Say what you will about the Cuse fans, at least their jealousy is largely self-contained within a weekly "F-UConn" thread. Maybe we can start one over on whatever board PC has so they can get it out of their system in isolation?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Then jump ship already and be a "winner" for once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads