Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa to play in Pan-Am Games 3X3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa to play in Pan-Am Games 3X3

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
La Gigantona is a giant doll that often appears at Spanish festivals and parades dancing in celebration. I think Liv has a new nickname...;)

OK OD, think YOU can make it stick? :rolleyes: I like it.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

USA's Men's Team also won the Gold Medal beating Puerto Rico 21-19

The Gold Medal was unexpected as USA won 4 and loss three games in the Tournament.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

USA's Men's Team also won the Gold Medal beating Puerto Rico 21-19

The Gold Medal was unexpected as USA won 4 and loss three games in the Tournament.
The men's team went 2-3 in pool play and barely qualified for the semifinals. To be fair, they were selected from the outer periphery of pro basketball, G league and the like. One of the players played D-II in college.

Kareem Maddox of the US men's team paid tribute to the 3x3 women's team:

"Look, I’m glad we didn’t have to play them in the championship because they are tough," said Kareem Maddox (Princeton/Los Angeles, Calif.). "We were able to see a lot of their games and they’re just hard-nosed, great basketball players. That group right there for us was an inspiration because they showed us the right way to play 3x3 and that’s something we had to come together and learn very quickly, so we knew it was possible because we just watched them do it. For both teams to take the inaugural 3x3 tournament at a Pan American Games is incredibly special and we couldn’t have asked to do that with a kinder, more impressive group of women than those four."​

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Now only if the 4 Members of the Women's 3 x 3 team could be added to the 5 x 5 Women's Team. They would improve the team and give Team USA a better shot at the Gold Medal.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
If these are events to help Olympic qualifying, got to send in the A team. :cool:

Nope. Christyn is the highest-ranked member of the team at 986 (with 23 games played). The ranking of the team is either 28 or 43 depending on which profile you look at, and 7th out of the 8 teams participating.

See all the teams at the event here.

Reaction Score
Nope. Christyn is the highest-ranked member of the team at 986 (with 23 games played). The ranking of the team is either 28 or 43 depending on which profile you look at, and 7th out of the 8 teams participating.

That’s driven by number of games played. Ionescu didn’t play in any of the early summer tournaments because she she was in school starting her masters program.

But, if the US wants to qualify a team for the Olympics they need to bring in some dominant players, and I doubt anyone will play both 5x5 and 3x3, so that may leave I as the most dominant player.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

According to a new tweet from UO wbb, Sabrina is joining the team in France, with one response suggesting that she will be replacing Bella Alarie. That she will be there seems to be a sure thing; not sure, other than Christyn, about the ultimate makeup of the team. Goodman is lights out from outside, so I hope she stays. If I were picking, I'd keep Alarie as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom