Christyn “likely” tonight vs DePaul | The Boneyard

Christyn “likely” tonight vs DePaul

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see just how many minutes Christyn gets tonight against a small Blue Demon team that moves the ball and fires up a lot of 3’s. Having another guard on the floor like Christyn who can play defense will be critical in tonight’s game.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the insights... I was already "maxed out" on
my JI articles. A. Morrow with no DD..... UCONN wins!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see just how many minutes Christyn gets tonight against a small Blue Demon team that moves the ball and fires up a lot of 3’s. Having another guard on the floor like Christyn who can play defense will be critical in tonight’s game.

Probably put her on Held. She always seems to be the player you need to shut down.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thanks for the insights... I was already "maxed out" on
my JI articles. A. Morrow with no DD..... UCONN wins!
Diamond Deshields :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Final word on tonite:
I don't think we match up very well.
I think we might see a lot of 4 out offense.

If Christyn can play a hefty amount of minutes and DePaul plays hefty amount of zone, a lineup of Nia, E, Christyn, Caroline, and ONO might be what we see a lot.

Does DePaul play a lot of zone? I don't recall ever seeing them play that much of it, but I'm not sure.

Reaction Score
Geno said he doesn't expect a ton of minutes. So I'm thinking 10? Maybe 15? FWIW I think he said similar minutes restrictions as Nika's first game back.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UConn would be wise to drive on DePaul. They have trouble stopping the dribble drive and their overall defense is not very good. Will need Dorca, Westbrook and Caroline to do a lot of driving to the basket.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno said he doesn't expect a ton of minutes. So I'm thinking 10? Maybe 15? FWIW I think he said similar minutes restrictions as Nika's first game back.
Well, since the minutes limitation is based more on lack of practice and general fitness than injury recovery, I imagine if CW is effective, those minute restrictions will melt away

Reaction Score
Well, since the minutes limitation is based more on lack of practice and general fitness than injury recovery, I imagine if CW is effective, those minute restrictions will melt away
I sure hope so! Would love to see big minutes from CW tonight.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I agree with @hoopsfan22 on the limited minutes but I also agree with you, that if C-Dub gives coach the thumbs up, meaning that she is good to play more, she will get more minutes. I am just happy that she can play, if she can plays tonight.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Final word on tonite:
I don't think we match up very well.
Yea I don't like the mach up either for a couple reasons. DePaul is playing at home and they start 5 kids that are averaging double digits in scoring. UCONN seems determined to shoot the three ball lately and we are not shooting it well enough. Assuming CW does not start UCONN does not have a single starter shooting above 30% on 3Pt FGA. Pound the ball inside and slow the game down or else you are looking at a bad loss here.

Reaction Score
Not sure what type of symptoms, if any, CW has experienced. If dizziness, fatigue and/or body aches are not a factor, we can hopefully see her on the floor a bit more. Agree we have to slow the tempo, use the 30 second clock and our height to get in the lane and REBOUND, REBOUND, REBOUND.

Reaction Score
Matchup problem? I don’t get it. They have no one taller than 6’1”. We have 6’5”, 6’5”, 6’3” and more height advantage if we post up CD. If we can’t take advantage of that against a BE team, I don’t know what they are practicing these days.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don’t know and UConn never specified, which is absolutely fine. Considering that she missed several games, I am guessing that Christyn had Covid and was likely asymptomatic or dealing with mild symptoms.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We play our game we win by double digits. Christyn will be able to dribble drive and she is quicker then the Depaul guards. We have a height advantage and should be able to get alot of easy baskets. If we're double teamed we can easily pass the ball because of our height advantage. Depaul is gonna have to make their treys to stay in this one. Live by the 3..die by the 3. Caroline should have a field day with her height advantage. Having Christyn back even for 15-20 minutes is huge in that she can score against Depauls defense.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don’t know and UConn never specified, which is absolutely fine. Considering that she missed several games, I am guessing that Christyn had Covid and was likely asymptomatic or dealing with mild symptoms.
For me, “mild” symptoms included 102 degree fever, body aches, a nagging cough, and fatigue. My doctor assures me it’s mild. Three weeks later, I still have a cough and fatigue.

My 27 and 24 year old sons have continued coughs and some fatigue but seem perkier than I am. If Christyn did have Covid, she may not be her usual self. Hopefully her case is closer to my sons’ than mine.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
For me, “mild” symptoms included 102 degree fever, body aches, a nagging cough, and fatigue. My doctor assures me it’s mild. Three weeks later, I still have a cough and fatigue.

My 27 and 24 year old sons have continued coughs and some fatigue but seem perkier than I am. If Christyn did have Covid, she may not be her usual self. Hopefully her case is closer to my sons’ than mine.
Here's hoping you are free of those symptoms soon Nan, you and your sons.

Reaction Score
Williams is a lock-down defender and a great lead on full court breaks. She is a well rounder player and a tough out. Great to have her back for however minutes she can give us.
Too funny.
Everyone on the Board complains that we need a “lockdown” defender.
All of a sudden CW is one.
Don’t quite think so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom