OT: - Chris Mullin out as Head Coach of St. Johns | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Chris Mullin out as Head Coach of St. Johns

Reaction Score
If I were them I'd look at Becker then Cluess. Mark Jackson would be like hiring Chris Mullin again.

Both have obviously had much success at a much lower level. I could argue Cluess has produced more, but even if they're comparable given the Cluess's family's ties to St. Johns I can't see why they wouldn't go that way if they went for a mid-major.

As for the comparison between Mark Jackson and Chris Mullin (not yours), seriously? Even leaving Mullin's personal issues out of it, Mullin helped coach a lousy NBA franchise into the level of improvement Jackson did?

Reaction Score
Both have obviously had much success at a much lower level. I could argue Cluess has produced more, but even if they're comparable given the Cluess's family's ties to St. Johns I can't see why they wouldn't go that way if they went for a mid-major.

As for the comparison between Mark Jackson and Chris Mullin (not yours), seriously? Even leaving Mullin's personal issues out of it, Mullin helped coach a lousy NBA franchise into the level of improvement Jackson did?
I just wouldn't want someone who has no experience coaching or recruiting in college if I were them.

Reaction Score
I just wouldn't want someone who has no experience coaching or recruiting in college if I were them.

Fair enough. But having been a winning NBA coach is certainly a resume enhancer over someone who has neither been a college coach or a winning NBA coach.

Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria@AdamZagoria
@RealPitino⁩ tells me he ‘would bring ⁦@StJohnsBBall⁩ to the elite level’ not seen since Lou Carnesecca.
10:17 AM - Apr 9, 2019

D3t6VsyWAAANgei.jpg

NY Post version: Toxic Rick Pitino campaigns for St. John’s job with a NY demand

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Granted that Mullin struggled winning games, given the number of decommits, how is this an upgrade for St John's? Seems like a setback in terms of keeping players.

Reaction Score
Granted that Mullin struggled winning games, given the number of decommits, how is this an upgrade for St John's? Seems like a setback in terms of keeping players.
The same reason having kids decommit when we hired Hurley was worth it. Can't make decisions with a short-sighted view

Reaction Score
“ I am proud of our accomplishments. NCAA Tournament selection Sunday will be a lifetime memory…” - Making Last Four in, Followed by an early exit. I guess some people like beef jerky and others like filet mignon.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hurley's agent deserves a fat bonus if he somehow leverages St. Johns into more money from ASU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom