OT: Chris Mullin out as Head Coach of St. Johns

If I were them I'd look at Becker then Cluess. Mark Jackson would be like hiring Chris Mullin again.
Both have obviously had much success at a much lower level. I could argue Cluess has produced more, but even if they're comparable given the Cluess's family's ties to St. Johns I can't see why they wouldn't go that way if they went for a mid-major.

As for the comparison between Mark Jackson and Chris Mullin (not yours), seriously? Even leaving Mullin's personal issues out of it, Mullin helped coach a lousy NBA franchise into the level of improvement Jackson did?

Both have obviously had much success at a much lower level. I could argue Cluess has produced more, but even if they're comparable given the Cluess's family's ties to St. Johns I can't see why they wouldn't go that way if they went for a mid-major.

As for the comparison between Mark Jackson and Chris Mullin (not yours), seriously? Even leaving Mullin's personal issues out of it, Mullin helped coach a lousy NBA franchise into the level of improvement Jackson did?
I just wouldn't want someone who has no experience coaching or recruiting in college if I were them.

Granted that Mullin struggled winning games, given the number of decommits, how is this an upgrade for St John's? Seems like a setback in terms of keeping players.

Granted that Mullin struggled winning games, given the number of decommits, how is this an upgrade for St John's? Seems like a setback in terms of keeping players.
The same reason having kids decommit when we hired Hurley was worth it. Can't make decisions with a short-sighted view

“ I am proud of our accomplishments. NCAA Tournament selection Sunday will be a lifetime memory…” - Making Last Four in, Followed by an early exit. I guess some people like beef jerky and others like filet mignon.