Chris Mullin in the huddle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chris Mullin in the huddle

Reaction Score
I would say he doesn’t have much time left but I’m not sure enough people care about St. John’s basketball to notice.
I would ask, which coach looks more like a boxer who took one too many hits to the face? Mike Krapshefski or Chris Mullen?

Reaction Score
St. John's fans aren't too happy with Mullin judging by the comments here

Reaction Score
I would ask, which coach looks more like a boxer who took one too many hits to the face? Mike Krapshefski or Chris Mullen?
Mullin looks like to many hits on the bottle.

Reaction Score
Chris Mullin is the celebrity face marketing uses to sell their product. To me Mark Jackson was the get.

Reaction Score
I hope Mullens stays at St Johns for a looooooooooong time..
For that matter, I hope the same for Ewing..
For that matter, I think its a mediocre group, sans Wright.

If I'm wrong, someone please post one of the other coaching records and defend it.

I guess perhaps you can say Cooley has outperformed the historical expectations of that job.. but that's just because PC is a mediocre job.

Reaction Score
yeah mullin sucks. the boneyard strikes again.
Didn't you hear? The Big East and AAC are on par with each other and this year the AAC is better than the cr@ppy Big East who is only getting two bids. Also Kris Mullens is the worst coach around and is getting fired. Mullins won't even look at the kids he's coaching. All he ever does on the sidelines is tie his shoes, Mullen sucks.

Reaction Score
On the broadcast they said St. Johns hasn't won a game in the NCAA tournament since 2000. Ouch.
All the Big East teams are living on borrowed time, even Villanova. Jay Wright is no fool, once he gets the chance for a P5 job he's gone from the Big East.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't you hear? The Big East and AAC are on par with each other and this year the AAC is better than the cr@ppy Big East who is only getting two bids. Also Kris Mullens is the worst coach around and is getting fired. Mullins won't even look at the kids he's coaching. All he ever does on the sidelines is tie his shoes, Mullen sucks.

mrs steve aresco told me so. memphis state is where it is at

Reaction Score
St. John’s make the tournament at large this year easy, not even a question.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I hope Mullens stays at St Johns for a looooooooooong time..
For that matter, I hope the same for Ewing..
For that matter, I think its a mediocre group, sans Wright.

If I'm wrong, someone please post one of the other coaching records and defend it.

I guess perhaps you can say Cooley has outperformed the historical expectations of that job.. but that's just because PC is a mediocre job.
Stunning Steve, by now we know your stance on the Big East and your sunny optimism of the prospects of a P5 invite. Why the side-eye about the Big East coaches? Is it necessary to reinforce your disdain for the Big East?

Reaction Score
How did I miss this comedy gold! Wright is just dying for that P5 offer, maybe some day it will come!
When Notre Dame comes to it's senses and fires Brey, Wright wouldn't even be looking in the rear view mirror. The Big East is dieing fast now. As Dave Gavitt said years ago..........................

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed. A few more solid years for Wright at Villanova and Penn State might start calling.
Solid years will become harder and harder, as will recruiting in the Big East. He wants to get out yesterday.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright could have any job in the country. Even NBA teams would probably take him.
Yeah and make the same mistake PJ and Calipari made? Don't think so. I don't think he relishes getting choked by one of his players.

Reaction Score
When Notre Dame comes to it's senses and fires Brey, Wright wouldn't even be looking in the rear view mirror. The Big East is dieing fast now. As Dave Gavitt said years ago......
This is great stuff, keep em coming...

Reaction Score
St. John’s make the tournament at large this year easy, not even a question.

They are still only #46 in the BPI and the NET even after their stunning win over Nova. Not a "gimme " by a long shot.

Reaction Score
They are still only #46 in the BPI and the NET even after their stunning win over Nova. Not a "gimme " by a long shot.
Beating #11 Marquette twice one of them a blowout and beating Nova, they're in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom