Chris Herren Jr | The Boneyard

Chris Herren Jr

Reaction Score
I know we hate BCU and their tenancy in the basement of the ACC will never be bad or long enough, but this is a good story and you have to root for this kid. There are so many 'what ifs' of great college basketball players; Len Bias, Hank Gathers, Lenny Cooke, Nadav Henefeld (more yrs at UConn), Earl Kelley etc..
I can't think of a moment before where we get to run one back and fix it. Chris Herren Jr is a freshman walk-on at BC, just put up 22pts in his first start.

So let's be nice to BC for one post. It is Christmas season and this is remix of "Its a Wonderful Life" and "Heaven Can Wait" for the Herren's where his son can fulflill the Dad's promise as the karma gods honor all that Chris Sr has done for counseling kids to avoid his mistakes.

Reaction Score
Why was he a walk on? Because he reclassified? I remember seeing him a couple years ago and he was clearly a scholarship level player.

Reaction Score
I know we hate BCU and their tenancy in the basement of the ACC will never be bad or long enough, but this is a good story and you have to root for this kid. There are so many 'what ifs' of great college basketball players; Len Bias, Hank Gathers, Lenny Cooke, Nadav Henefeld (more yrs at UConn), Earl Kelley etc..
I can't think of a moment before where we get to run one back and fix it. Chris Herren Jr is a freshman walk-on at BC, just put up 22pts in his first start.

So let's be nice to BC for one post. It is Christmas season and this is remix of "Its a Wonderful Life" and "Heaven Can Wait" for the Herren's where his son can fulflill the Dad's promise as the karma gods honor all that Chris Sr has done for counseling kids to avoid his mistakes.

It's an amazing story, full circle. His dad was an amazing player, he cheated death and is now helping so many others. Amazing to watch his son follow in his footsteps and right the wrongs of the past.

Reaction Score
All the best to both Herrens, and may Chris Jr. play well enough to earn a scholarship to a better school, by which I mean any college with a basketball team.

Reaction Score
Good friends have golf outing in memory of their son who they lost at age 23 to opioids and Chris has been a great friend to them after they met. Came to the last golf event, really solid guy now.

Saw his kid play runs exactly like dad it's crazy the similarities. Didn't know he was a walk on, really nice player very smart and plays hard. He should and will have a scholarship.

Reaction Score
His dad was introduced to cocaine at BCU. Weird he choose to follow those footsteps.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
His dad is an incredible speaker - saw him at my daughter’s high school. Talk about making amends...he’s next level. If you get the chance, go see him speak.

I like seeing these kids get scholarships....but I prefer Edsall’s way of doing it. (At least this past year...)

The kid gets the scholarship in front of his teammates. There’s no camera, no props, and no effort at a viral video.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Top post Dog.

If you can't help yourself, help others. Bonus is that the latter often takes care of the former. Lesson for everybody really.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We can hate a program; but, hating each person in the program, especially kids, is wrong. There are good and bad people everywhere.

With the exception of dook. Most dookie's are insufferable. jmo but also opo's too.

Reaction Score
His dad is an incredible speaker - saw him at my daughter’s high school. Talk about making amends...he’s next level. If you get the chance, go see him speak.

I like seeing these kids get scholarships....but I prefer Edsall’s way of doing it. (At least this past year...)

The kid gets the scholarship in front of his teammates. There’s no camera, no props, and no effort at a viral video.
Friend (Husky fan) I grew up with works with him on the Herren Project, says he's an awesome guy.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Mr. Herren spoke at my high school a little while back (EO Smith). What a speech, great dude. Inspirational. It clearly hit home for quite a few- there were kids in tears.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Chris Sr has had a struggle, one that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Those who have had any type of addiction will know what I am talking about. I have lived it and can say sobriety may be boring at some times but it sure beats where the alternative could lead us.
Chris Sr was a really good player and thought he was going to have a nice little career with the Celts.
I have heard him speak to youth groups and his talk hits you between the eyes
I wish him and his son the best

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Chris Sr has had a struggle, one that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Those who have had any type of addiction will know what I am talking about. I have lived it and can say sobriety may be boring at some times but it sure beats where the alternative could lead us.
Chris Sr was a really good player and thought he was going to have a nice little career with the Celts.
I have heard him speak to youth groups and his talk hits you between the eyes
I wish him and his son the best

I say this as someone who has never been an addict--and means no offense to (former) addicts--but as someone with close friends who were. It might be just as hard to deal with family/friends who are addicts. Turning your back on trusting them, watching them fail, watching them slowly/quickly kill themselves, and be completely helpless. Very difficult for the sober, with no way to medicate or help them through this process.

Reaction Score
i saw senior play several times, he was such a sick athlete, he could get to the rim as well as anyone.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Dad is a very good speaker. He also charges a ton of money. Not saying he isn't a good guy. But this is his ample livlihood.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dad is a very good speaker. He also charges a ton of money. Not saying he isn't a good guy. But this is his ample livlihood.

Gotta make a living. He blew basketball, so here you go. But he also does a tremendous amount of work in the community, a fair bit of which is on his own dime.

I can appreciate that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom