Chris Hansen: UNC's bombshell a "Fab Five" redux... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chris Hansen: UNC's bombshell a "Fab Five" redux...

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes, one year. I'm not aware of any contracts between players and universities. Ah, except maybe BYU, which requires players to sign a "no booze, no caffeine (! :eek: !) no sex" agreement.

So I guess Redbull and vodka would be out of the question?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So I guess Redbull and vodka would be out of the question?
I could sign away booze, drugs, tobacco and illicit romances but, man, don't get between me and my morning cup of coffee.

images

Reaction Score
So the student-athlete is aware that it is a one year agreement and that there is no guarantee that it will extend past one year? Is there any additional document that players sign as a contract with the university other than LOI where the verbiage states that the university can terminate the agreement?

Yes everyone is aware of that, although most likely assume their prospective school is ethical enough to not yank their scholarship if they follow the rules and hold up their end academically. Unfortunately there are plenty of schools/coaches who will sell their soul for another win or two. As for how long the scholarship term really is, there are coaches (e.g. Budke) who have run off signed players before they even enrolled, leaving them to twist in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom