Chillious to ECU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chillious to ECU

Reaction Score
Hopefully between Dooley (who I like a lot) and Chillious they can recruit their way to respectability. If USF and ECU can be ~100 Kenpom teams it would be amazing for the conference overall.

Also, I hope we only have to worry about this for another five years.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The market has spoken. The question is, "Results or Pending Sanctions?"

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I hate to be factual about Chillious and his performance at UConn but he was here
From March 2017- March 2018. He wasn't gonna do much with half of that time on the hot seat due to KO. I know facts don't matter here and many expected the guy to bring in the "fab five" under those circumstances, in that amount of time.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hate to be factual about Chillious and his performance at UConn but he was here
From March 2017- March 2018. He wasn't gonna do much with half of that time on the hot seat due to KO. I know facts don't matter here and many expected the guy to bring in the "fab five" under those circumstances, in that amount of time.
He ended up at ECU. He’s not very good.

Reaction Score
Actually looks like a good move between him and Dooley. They have a couple decent recruits. Nice if one of the lower level teams in the conference were to step up a couple notches.

C

Chief00

The market has spoken. The question is, "Results or Pending Sanctions?"
The two guys who did not get D1 jobs are Glen Miller and Ricky Moore. I am hoping Ricky gets one very soon. Glen Miller is D3 courtesy of Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
The two guys who did not get D1 jobs are Glen Miller and Ricky Moore. I am hoping Ricky gets one very soon. Glen Miller is D3 courtesy of Jim Calhoun.
Chill going to ECU is one foot out of the door, not in. This is a demotion.

C

Chief00

Chill going to ECU is one foot out of the door, not in. This is a demotion.
You need to better understand how things work for an assistant when his head coach gets fired under a NCAA investigation cloud. Given the circumstances, Chill did just fine. He is in the same conference as before and is at a school with a promising head coach. So this step down stuff is a little overplayed. Working at a D3 school would be a step down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You need to better understand how things work for an assistant when his head coach gets fired under a NCAA investigation cloud. Given the circumstances, Chill did just fine. He is in the same conference as before and is at a school with a promising head coach. So this step down stuff is a little overplayed. Working at a D3 school, for a fired assistant coach, would be a step down.
While I agree it is a step down, sometimes you have to step back to move forward.

Reaction Score
You need to better understand how things work for an assistant when his head coach gets fired under a NCAA investigation cloud. Given the circumstances, Chill did just fine. He is in the same conference as before and is at a school with a promising head coach. So this step down stuff is a little overplayed. Working at a D3 school, for a fired assistant coach, would be a step down.
I'd typically agree, except Killings landed at Marquette so I won't go as far as saying Chill did just fine. He did not. Maybe I was a bit hyperbolic, but his trajectory has been very poor. From Markelle Futz to a dumpster fire to ECU hardly screams success. In fact, it suggests the opposite. The verdict is still out on Chill, but his contacts and ability to coach could equally be overplayed.

C

Chief00

I'd typically agree, except Killings landed at Marquette so I won't go as far as saying Chill did just fine. He did not. Maybe I was a bit hyperbolic, but his trajectory has been very poor. From Markelle Futz to a dumpster fire to ECU hardly screams success. In fact, it suggests the opposite. The verdict is still out on Chill, but his contacts and ability to coach could equally be overplayed.

I hear Dooley can coach, but true not a historic blue blood type program by any stretch.

Reaction Score
I think his first goal was to keep the paychecks coming in. Smart move....he should have a positive impact at ECU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom