Chiefs00 Briefs - Cincy Edition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chiefs00 Briefs - Cincy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He has Lamb's frame tho, not Adams. Adams came in with some raw strength, even though he's bulked up since. Strength/height has always been his best physical attribute.

Bouk's never gonna be a physical force. He's more Rudy Gay/Lamb-esque in style.
That’s what I’m saying. Throw in Rip as well

Reaction Score
Great win. Finally were tough enough to beat this team and win a close game. Certainly critical that the 3s went in.

Bolded above is the key. Forget the shot clock. Take the first good look we get. Play fast. Play faster. We shoot so much better early in the shot clock and off transition. We run horrible half court offense once we let the defense set. We need to shoot before they are set.

The team is turning a corner. Need to get more offense out of Akok but he was a rebounding machine today. Need to get from him what Cinci gets from Scott. Gaffney took a step back and looked intimidated out there. Bouknight was again the most talented guy on the floor. His blow by change of speed was unstoppable.
Ummmm need to get the same as they get from Scott? 25 points 13 rebounds?? Ain't happening. Also wouldn't every player in the country want those numbers? Dont know what kind of saying that is. Perhaps talking of season averages. Scott went off today and that was due to crap defense on him. We have ZERO inside defense. Yeah blocks are fantastic... but unlike Emeka theese guys block the ball right into an open opponent under the hoop. Carlton shouldnt even be a walk on for a D-1 team. Hes a great kid and can tell he works hard. Just has no anger or fight in him.. huge win either way. GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
Ummmm need to get the same as they get from Scott? 25 points 13 rebounds?? Ain't happening. Also wouldn't every player in the country want those numbers? Dont know what kind of saying that is. Perhaps talking of season averages. Scott went off today and that was due to crap defense on him. We have ZERO inside defense. Yeah blocks are fantastic... but unlike Emeka theese guys block the ball right into an open opponent under the hoop. Carlton shouldnt even be a walk on for a D-1 team. Hes a great kid and can tell he works hard. Just has no anger or fight in him.. huge win either way. GO HUSKIES!!!!!
Did you watch the game? That is laughable. You can't be serious.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He has Lamb's frame tho, not Adams. Adams came in with some raw strength, even though he's bulked up since. Strength/height has always been his best physical attribute.

Bouk's never gonna be a physical force. He's more Rudy Gay/Lamb-esque in style.

Rudy was a beast. Way bigger than Lamb or Bouk. He's also 6'8". But yes, James is wiry. He's not going to look like Marcus Smart.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

:rolleyes: It's more how Scott plays and how Cincinnati uses him. He hits 3's but is constantly moving in and out and attacking the basket on cuts. We tend to park Akok on the 3 point line on the wing and leave him there. Akok will be a better player than Scott when all is said and done.

Your take on Josh is embarrassingly bad and completely wrong. He's not a great fit for Hurley's system but he is a solid D1 player.

Reaction Score
Rudy was a beast. Way bigger than Lamb or Bouk. He's also 6'8". But yes, James is wiry. He's not going to look like Marcus Smart.
Right. They don’t want James to be like 225. Lamb, Rip, guys like that is the target he should be going for. Strength will add to his game, but you don’t want size to take away from it. He’s never going to be a bruiser, you don’t want that. Just adding size for sizes sake is silly. Add strength so he can finish better at the rim, hold off defenders, take contact, and avoid contact fouls on defense. Look at guys like Durant, Ingram, Lamb, etc etc. Don’t need to be huge to be effective.

Reaction Score
Good game. I heard something we haven't heard all year. "This place is packed". They fought back. Played "d". For the first time in a while a call went their way at the end. Team has to be feeling pretty good now after the recent slide.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: It's more how Scott plays and how Cincinnati uses him. He hits 3's but is constantly moving in and out and attacking the basket on cuts. We tend to park Akok on the 3 point line on the wing and leave him there. Akok will be a better player than Scott when all is said and done.

Your take on Josh is embarrassingly bad and completely wrong. He's not a great fit for Hurley's system but he is a solid D1 player.
Yeah, This.

Reaction Score
Right. They don’t want James to be like 225. Lamb, Rip, guys like that is the target he should be going for. Strength will add to his game, but you don’t want size to take away from it. He’s never going to be a bruiser, you don’t want that. Just adding size for sizes sake is silly. Add strength so he can finish better at the rim, hold off defenders, take contact, and avoid contact fouls on defense. Look at guys like Durant, Ingram, Lamb, etc etc. Don’t need to be huge to be effective.
Nobody said 225. Get to about 200 for his frame. Durant is 6 inches taller and Ingram 3 inches taller than Bouknight. No comparison there. Lamb comparison is closest. And I will maintain this, Adams is right there as well.\\

Not to jump ahead, but I think you'll see alot of Cole Bouknight and Adams or Gaffney Bouknight and Adams on the floor next year. Through Jackson in there too. A lot of athleticism on next years roster.

Reaction Score
Nobody said 225. Get to about 200 for his frame. Durantt and Ingram are both 6 inches taller than Bouknight. No comparison there. Lamb comparison is closest. And I will maintain this, Adams is right there as well.\\

Not to jump ahead, but I think you'll see alot of Cole Bouknight and Adams or Gaffney Bouknight and Adams on the floor next year. Through Jackson in there too. A lot of athleticism on next years roster.
Yeah I didn’t mean it to be an exact comparison, more of body type than anything else. Durants 7 feet and Ingram is also superrrrr long. I just meant more so that adding strength doesn’t need to mean bulking up. I highlighted those players as examples of NBA All stars who buck the trend of needing to “filled out” to be successful players. They added necessary strength without completely altering their body type and thus their game. I’m not arguing that Bouk shouldn’t add size, he needs to. But he shouldn’t add weight just to add weight. Same could be applied to Akok as well. Feels like that happened with JC this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah I didn’t mean it to be an exact comparison, more of body type than anything else. Durants 7 feet and Ingram is also superrrrr long. I just meant more so that adding strength doesn’t need to mean bulking up. I highlighted those players as examples of NBA All stars who buck the trend of needing to “filled out” to be successful players. They added necessary strength without completely altering their body type and thus their game. I’m not arguing that Bouk shouldn’t add size, he needs to. But he shouldn’t add weight just to add weight. Same could be applied to Akok as well. Feels like that happened with JC this year.
How many 6'4" 175 guys have been successful in the NBA? Sal would be adding positive strength weight. An athlete like him doesn't add weight just to add weight. Theres a reason he's as skinny as he is. He probably has trouble adding weight as it is.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think he’s a PG in the NBA. His handle is solid and he sees the court really well. Right now I think he’s limited by the fact that nobody on this team is reading the defense the same way. Like Tom Brady with bad receivers. He’s a college SG but can play off the ball or on. Needs to get stronger.
NBA teams often play with 3 guards and the point is whoever gets the ball first. Bouk will thrive in that type of offense. Right now the guards defer to him and rightly so. Vital and Adams both seem to understand they’re better with Bouknight out there.
As far as stronger he’ll gain strength as he matures. Hopefully he’ll end up at 190 with zero body fat and retain his quickness. His follow up on his miss was a perfect example of both his quickness and hops. Could picture him in a Warriors or Rockets uniform.

Reaction Score
How many 6'4" 175 guys have been successful in the NBA? Sal would be adding positive strength weight. An athlete like him doesn't add weight just to add weight. Theres a reason he's as skinny as he is. He probably has trouble adding weight as it is.
Lol I didn’t say not to add strength/weight. That needs to be an absolute top priority for him. Idk where you’re reading that. But since you’ve asked, SGA, Ja Marant, and Jeremy Lamb come to mind. They are similar frames and listed at 180 and under. Idk if those are exact figures but take that for what it’s worth. I’m sure there are others. What I’m saying is, again, expecting him to jump 30 lbs is silly. You’re saying you want him to be Brenden Adams by next year, not sure you want that. He’s not BA body type. He’s long, he’s lean, way more explosive. Following a similar trajectory to those types of players makes way more sense. Someone posted for him to get to Lamb year 2, that makes sense. What I’ve said is I care less about what weight he is and more just about adding functional strength. I would not want him to jump 30 pounds in one offseason, that’d be silly.

Reaction Score
Lol I didn’t say not to add strength/weight. That needs to be an absolute top priority for him. Idk where you’re reading that. But since you’ve asked, SGA, Ja Marant, and Jeremy Lamb come to mind. They are similar frames and listed at 180 and under. Idk if those are exact figures but take that for what it’s worth. I’m sure there are others. What I’m saying is, again, expecting him to jump 30 lbs is silly. You’re saying you want him to be Brenden Adams by next year, not sure you want that. He’s not BA body type. He’s long, he’s lean, way more explosive. Following a similar trajectory to those types of players makes way more sense. Someone posted for him to get to Lamb year 2, that makes sense. What I’ve said is I care less about what weight he is and more just about adding functional strength. I would not want him to jump 30 pounds in one offseason, that’d be silly.
I never mentioned adding 30 pounds. He differs from Adams by 5 pounds when they hit campus. You also said this "But he shouldn’t add weight just to add weight." which is not even close to what I have said either. Ja Morant is a good comparison albeit a little shorter. He is a skinny athletic freak. Maybe Bouknight can survive at 6'4" 175. He just looks like a little boy, even though his talent is clearly evident. Who is SGA? Do you see Bouknight as a Lamb comparison in the NBA 10 ppg for his career?

Reaction Score
I didn’t feel like the refs had enough evidence to overturn that out of bounds call at the end. They are so bad it’s almost hard to believe
I thought the tv replay pretty clearly showed it was off Bouknight but I don’t really like video replays except for obvious things like time on the clock. Otherwise let the refs make the calls. If they were wrong though they more than made up for it with the no call on Cincy’s Final shot. Vital I think played it like a dlineman trying to black a field goal. . In football they would have called roughing the kicker though. LOL. Well they owed us one for screwing up the sub rule a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Average NBA shooting guard is 6'5 205lbs. But that could be years down the road for Bouk. How someone's body responds to weight gain isn't the same for every person. Gotta trust Sal to develop a high-quality program for him.

Reaction Score
I never mentioned adding 30 pounds. He differs from Adams by 5 pounds when they hit campus. You also said this "But he shouldn’t add weight just to add weight." which is not even close to what I have said either. Ja Morant is a good comparison albeit a little shorter. He is a skinny athletic freak. Maybe Bouknight can survive at 6'4" 175. He just looks like a little boy, even though his talent is clearly evident. Who is SGA? Do you see Bouknight as a Lamb comparison in the NBA 10 ppg for his career?
Maybe I misunderstood what you said earlier, but I took it as you want Bouk to get to BA’s size. Maybe that’s not what you meant but that’s a nearly 30 pound jump for him to do that. That’s why I said adding weight just to add weight is silly. He’s a slender, long, explosive body type. You don’t want him to get to BA size in one season and get sluggish. Hell add strength, even it it means he tops out at 180 next season. Shia Gilgeous Alexander is one of the top young guards in the league. Very long, very athletic. Do yourself a favor and watch him play, he’s fun to watch. Listen, I love Bouk as much as the next guy. Let’s slow down on saying him “only getting 10 PPG.” Lamb was a lottery pick after two seasons and just got paid, he’s been a really productive pro. If he hits that mark, that’s a success.

Reaction Score
Maybe I misunderstood what you said earlier, but I took it as you want Bouk to get to BA’s size. Maybe that’s not what you meant but that’s a nearly 30 pound jump for him to do that. That’s why I said adding weight just to add weight is silly. He’s a slender, long, explosive body type. You don’t want him to get to BA size in one season and get sluggish. Hell add strength, even it it means he tops out at 180 next season. Shia Gilgeous Alexander is one of the top young guards in the league. Very long, very athletic. Do yourself a favor and watch him play, he’s fun to watch. Listen, I love Bouk as much as the next guy. Let’s slow down on saying him “only getting 10 PPG.” Lamb was a lottery pick after two seasons and just got paid, he’s been a really productive pro. If he hits that mark, that’s a success.
I don't care for the NBA. I really don't. I don't watch it at all. I mentioned Lamb's 10 PPG career avg because that what he is. Adams and Bouknight came in in their respective freshman years literally the same size 6'4" separated by 5 pounds. It's not without the realm of possibility they end up the same size down the road. Maybe Adam's body is built to add more muscle mass than Bouknight. I'm just simply saying he could be the same size come next season if he wants to. Maybe its not in the cards for him. I'd rather be more muscular than sticks. But that's just me. I think a lot of folks undervalue Adams. As Bouknight commands more attention and every teams on ball defender, I see Adams becoming a bigger part of the offense.

Reaction Score
I don't care for the NBA. I really don't. I don't watch it at all. I mentioned Lamb's 10 PPG career avg because that what he is. Adams and Bouknight came in in their respective freshman years literally the same size 6'4" separated by 5 pounds. It's not without the realm of possibility they end up the same size down the road. Maybe Adam's body is built to add more muscle mass than Bouknight. I'm just simply saying he could be the same size come next season if he wants to. Maybe its not in the cards for him. I'd rather be more muscular than sticks. But that's just me. I think a lot of folks undervalue Adams. As Bouknight commands more attention and every teams on ball defender, I see Adams becoming a bigger part of the offense.
Right. And I’m saying it’d be a mistake for him to shoot up nearly 30 lbs in an offseason. That’d be crazy lol. These guys are Bball players; this isn’t football. I’d be shocked if he got to or over that amount. Their different style players, I like BA and the physicality he brings. He’ll be a nice piece moving forward into the NBE.

Jeremy Lamb is a really productive pro. He’s a good player on a playoff team. You’re admitting you never watch the NBA and you think Bouk “only getting” to Lambs status would be bad? Sign me up for that. That’d make him a lottery pick and a 11 million a year player.

Reaction Score
Right. And I’m saying it’d be a mistake for him to shoot up nearly 30 lbs in an offseason. That’d be crazy lol. These guys are Bball players; this isn’t football. I’d be shocked if he got to or over that amount. Their different style players, I like BA and the physicality he brings. He’ll be a nice piece moving forward into the NBE.

Jeremy Lamb is a really productive pro. He’s a good player on a playoff team. You’re admitting you never watch the NBA and you think Bouk “only getting” to Lambs status would be bad? Sign me up for that. That’d make him a lottery pick and a 11 million a year player.
Again. I never said add 30 pounds. Adams added 20 quite comfortably and looks very good. He is literally the same size as Bouknight. They differed by 5 pounds when they got to campus. You're blowing this up by adding 10 pounds to what I've been saying. Idc about the NBA, what they do beyond doesn't matter to me. If he can perform as Lamb did or others while he's at UConn is much more important to me. Over the years, UConn has had many great athletes. Not all move on to the NBA even though they may have had great college careers. It's usually one or two per team in 2-3 year spans. I also never said Bouknight getting to Lamb's status would be "bad".

Reaction Score
I thought the tv replay pretty clearly showed it was off Bouknight but I don’t really like video replays except for obvious things like time on the clock. Otherwise let the refs make the calls. If they were wrong though they more than made up for it with the no call on Cincy’s Final shot. Vital I think played it like a dlineman trying to black a field goal. . In football they would have called roughing the kicker though. LOL. Well they owed us one for screwing up the sub rule a few weeks ago.
Were you watching the same game I was? Sometimes I wonder if you are trolling everyone on here or you just like to be a contrarian because you enjoy the attention of being different.

Trying to be objective here, it was really hard to tell if Bouknight's fingers touched the ball just like it was really hard to tell if the ball touched the Cincinnati player's arm. I didn't see conclusive evidence to overturn the original call. If the refs had originally called it off UConn I would have said the same thing.

So you thought there was a foul on the last shot? As far as I'm aware you can't call fouls that occur after the buzzer sounds.

1581360716979.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again. I never said add 30 pounds. Adams added 20 quite comfortably and looks very good. He is literally the same size as Bouknight. They differed by 5 pounds when they got to campus. You're blowing this up by adding 10 pounds to what I've been saying. Idc about the NBA, what they do beyond doesn't matter to me. If he can perform as Lamb did or others while he's at UConn is much more important to me. Over the years, UConn has had many great athletes. Not all move on to the NBA even though they may have had great college careers. It's usually one or two per team in 2-3 year spans. I also never said Bouknight getting to Lamb's status would be "bad".
I hear ya, but they aren’t “literally the same size.” For Bouk and BA to be, Bouk would have to add 26 pounds in a season. I know they’re coming in at similar weights but it doesn’t mean they should both play at the same weight. BA is just a diff body type, we need that physicality he brings. We don’t ask that of Bouk, so trying to bulk him up doesn’t make as much sense. He’s gotta get stronger, we all recognize that and I’m sure it’s a top priority for him/coaching staff. It’s all good tho as I’m with you that the size really seemed to help BA and others this season. Hopefully now having a real S and C coach/focus will help to propel the program moving forward.

Reaction Score
I hear ya, but they aren’t “literally the same size.” For Bouk and BA to be, Bouk would have to add 26 pounds in a season. I know they’re coming in at similar weights but it doesn’t mean they should both play at the same weight. BA is just a diff body type, we need that physicality he brings. We don’t ask that of Bouk, so trying to bulk him up doesn’t make as much sense. He’s gotta get stronger, we all recognize that and I’m sure it’s a top priority for him/coaching staff. It’s all good tho as I’m with you that the size really seemed to help BA and others this season. Hopefully now having a real S and C coach/focus will help to propel the program moving forward.
I'm done here. You don't get it. They're literally the same. You can't see it because you don't want to see it. They're separated by a year and literally play the same position. But I can't convince you so I'm done trying and you won't convince me so im done listening. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom