Chiefs00 Briefs - Cincy Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chiefs00 Briefs - Cincy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

A good opponent and a weekend Gampel game during school session and we get a great crowd.
We pay all these high salary guys in the AD and the clowns at CDRA and they don’t seem to be able to make simple but important stuff happen often enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Despite seeing Bouknight play several times last year, the thing I did not fully appreciate was how his dribble and vision was so good, he could run a good D1 team as a point guard either in a primary or secondary role. This opens up all kinds of possibilities for Chief to ponder and could impact who we target in recruiting.

Reaction Score
Making 3's was a big part of this win but in the middle of the game Bouk breaking down a defender and hitting a short J or driving in for a made layup were huge. He ignored missing 2 short J's in the early going and kept playing aggressive. If the team can shoot better from the line we will win quite a few of the 8 remaining games.

C

Chief00

Bolded above is the key. Forget the shot clock. Take the first good look we get. Play fast. Play faster. We shoot so much better early in the shot clock and off transition. We run horrible half court offense once we let the defense set. We need to shoot before they are set.

Bouknight was again the most talented guy on the floor. His blow by change of speed was unstoppable.
I would like to know the shooting percentage and turnovers in the last 6 seconds of the shot clock. We want be be quick and not hurried - and there have been many turned down open looks early on.

Reaction Score
How about the defense today? Forcing multiple, at least two that I remember, shot clock violations where Cinci didn't even look to get a shot off. Not to mention their final 2.7 second possession in overtime.

Reaction Score
Whaley passed up a mid range jumper too.
Feel like Whaley hasn’t made a midrange shot in months. Makes sense that he is hesitating on shooting now. Would love to see him confidentially knock one down again.

C

Chief00

Feel like Whaley hasn’t made a midrange shot in months. Makes sense that he is hesitating on shooting now. Would love to see him confidentially knock one down again.
i thought he had but he can knock that shot down and needs to take it.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

I read an article (or a tweet) a little while ago that he was asked to stop the “poppers” and work the boards which is what he’s been doing.

Reaction Score
i thought he had but he can knock that shot down and needs to take it.
He made some at the beginning of the year but it’s been a while. He’s missed a bunch of wide open ones in a row. Still, dude is playing great ball of late, so good for him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Despite seeing Bouknight play several times last year, the thing I did not fully appreciate was how his dribble and vision was so good, he could run a good D1 team as a point guard either in a primary or secondary role. This opens up all kinds of possibilities for Chief to ponder and could impact who we target in recruiting.

Yeah, I think he’s a PG in the NBA. His handle is solid and he sees the court really well. Right now I think he’s limited by the fact that nobody on this team is reading the defense the same way. Like Tom Brady with bad receivers. He’s a college SG but can play off the ball or on. Needs to get stronger.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If Bouknight can transform his body like Adams did from year 1 to year 2 it's a wrap.

Adams is 205. He was probably 10-15 pounds heavier last year than Bouknight is now. They list James as 175. He certainly needs to get to 190 or maybe a bit more, but we saw what the added weight did to Carlton. Steph Curry is 190 and Bouk is similar is size.

Reaction Score
Adams is 205. He was probably 10-15 pounds heavier last year than Bouknight is now. They list James as 175. He certainly needs to get to 190 or maybe a bit more, but we saw what the added weight did to Carlton. Steph Curry is 190 and Bouk is similar is size.
Curry is still more well built than Bouknight. The added weight, more so strength has helped Adams. You're comparing apples to oranges when talking about how added weight has affected Carlton compared to what kind of affect it would have on Bouknight. He's skinny. Nothing wrong with adding strength. He's also young. His body will mature in time. I'm not concerned.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Curry is still more well built than Bouknight. The added weight, more so strength has helped Adams. You're comparing apples to oranges when talking about how added weight has affected Carlton compared to what kind of affect it would have on Bouknight. He's skinny. Nothing wrong with adding strength. He's also young. His body will mature in time. I'm not concerned.

?? Bouk is 175. Curry is 190. I said Bouk should get to 190. That's 15 pounds of muscle. I don't want him to be Adams sized, which is 30 more pounds. I think that would hinder his athleticism as it did to Josh.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Nah. Lamb was still skinny. Adams filled out. If Bouknight was built like Adams, he'd be unstoppable getting to the basket.
Look at lamb his sophomore year. That’s what Bouk needs to looks like, not like a linebacker

Reaction Score
?? Bouk is 175. Curry is 190. I said Bouk should get to 190. That's 15 pounds of muscle. I don't want him to be Adams sized, which is 30 more pounds. I think that would hinder his athleticism as it did to Josh.
You said he was similar size to Curry. He's 15 pounds lighter and an inch taller. Not for nothing, but Adams is listed at 200.

Reaction Score
Look at lamb his sophomore year. That’s what Bouk needs to looks like, not like a linebacker
6'4" 200 is not a linebacker. He's long and lean. 15-20 pounds of muscle on his frame won't bulk him up too much.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You said he was similar size to Curry. He's 15 pounds lighter and an inch taller. Not for nothing, but Adams is listed at 200.

When I said size, I meant height. Clearly Bouk needs to be stronger. He should not bulk up to Adams' size.

Reaction Score
When I said size, I meant height. Clearly Bouk needs to be stronger. He should not bulk up to Adams' size.
Adams came in at 6'4" 180. It's not far fetched for him to be similar size to Adams. But we shall see.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nah. Lamb was still skinny. Adams filled out. If Bouknight was built like Adams, he'd be unstoppable getting to the basket.

He has Lamb's frame tho, not Adams. Adams came in with some raw strength, even though he's bulked up since. Strength/height has always been his best physical attribute.

Bouk's never gonna be a physical force. He's more Rudy Gay/Lamb-esque in style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom