Chief's Briefs - Signing Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs - Signing Day

Reaction Score
Chief has inside information that the NCAA is changing its policy on student athletes in the draft where they can go to the draft and come back if they weren't drafted lol

C

Chief00

Chief has inside information that the NCAA is changing its policy on student athletes in the draft where they can go to the draft and come back if they weren't drafted lol
No - that's not what I am saying. Guys who graduated and don't get drafted. Graduated Seniors, to my knowledge, are automatically eligible for the draft. Unlike underclassmem who haven't graduated there is not the process you described. Glad to help.

C

Chief00

Call me crazy, but I operate under the assumption that the student athlete forfeits any remaining eligibility in order to declare for the Draft.

Am I right (Yes. I am.)?
Seniors don't have to declare. Glad to coach you up.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Seniors don't have to declare.
Seniors also do not have remaining eligibility. The NCAA does not abide by a student athlete's academic "age." An academic senior with eligibility is referred to as a redshirt junior athletically.

Upon graduation, the redshirt junior has 3 choices:
1) forego any remaining eligibility and declare for a professional draft.
2) use the year with his current team.
3) transfer and play immediately for another program.

It's not my rule, but it is the rule.

By the way, if CBS lists any UConn kickoff as 11:11 this year, I'd advise you to check back closer to game day. It's probably only a place marker.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season. Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league’s approval to enter the draft early.

The Rules of the Draft | NFL Football Operations

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
upload_2017-2-1_22-4-58.jpeg

C

Chief00

PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season. Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league’s approval to enter the draft early.

Yes - that's basically what I said about underclassmem vs grad eligible transfers

Husky25

Reaction Score
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY

From the same link...

"Players are draft-eligible only in the year after the end of their college eligibility."

C

Chief00

LOL you are so helplessly lost.

Here's a shovel. Keep digging you'll eventually find gold.
You or your buddy call them redshirt juniors - the bottom-line they have graduated like a senior and if they have that 5th year eligible they can transfer without sitting out. You never met an irrelevant silly tangent you are not a sucker for. It is tedious and it shows a lack of intellect, quite frankly.

C

Chief00

How does someone ruin the board AND have 3500 more likes than posts? Living the dream.
And they are probably from the same few people who reciprocate each other - totally meaningless - but that's your idea of fame - go for it!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Jimmy, I'll let you continue from here. I don't see how I can be any more clear.

Reaction Score
You or your buddy call them redshirt juniors - the bottom-line they have graduated like a senior and if they have that 5th year eligible they can transfer without sitting out. You never met an irrelevant silly tangent you are not a sucker for. It is tedious and it shows a lack of intellect, quite frankly.
And they can go back to college to play their last season if they try out for an NFL team and aren't signed, right?

Reaction Score

I really hope to Christ this is all one big act and you're really the attention whore we all think you are.

Otherwise, you've got some serious mental health issues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom