Chief’s Briefs - WSU Edition | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - WSU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
First things first. It’s 5:47am and Chief has already put the loss last night to bed. Mapping out what game to attend tonight. Tournament time is tough, since you can’t plan ahead very much. Chief is very excited about some of the 2020 guys we are involved with. A wider net than last year and get to see the whole full process for these guys and will see how Hurley prioritizes from here on 2020 and completes 2019.

I'm excited to see what happens with 2020. That's the first real class Hurley will be on top of. With 2019, staff got into the game so late, that it's tough to evaluate. Most coaches have been developing relationships with the kids for years. I think they did great given that circumstance.

Fans hate hearing "wait until...yada yada yada", but it's a reality. Recruiting is about building relationships, and that takes time.

C

Chief00

Fans hate hearing "wait until...yada yada yada", but it's a reality. Recruiting is about building relationships, and that takes time.

So true, but Chief loves the Casual Fans anyways! Chief is always amazed how quickly a few losses can deflate the genuine euphoria the Casual Fans feel at First Night. Chief often warns that we got to do the Grind to be good. To Chief, there is fun and a lot of hard work in that Grind. But, sometimes for a coach or a player it can be a lonely trip at times. Chief’s guess is the Casual Fans will start coming back next season and in 2020/2021 we won’t be able to keep them away - LOL!

Reaction Score
Here’s what’s to like. They have basically battled down to the wire in 5 games over the month giving themselves a good chance to win. Each time they shriveled under the pressure missing key shots, making turnovers, unable to key possession of a loose ball, etc. WSU was a tiny watershed moment with AG hitting a ridiculous apparent dagger 3 with a few seconds left. Somebody took the brass ring and went for it. Unfortunately, we didn’t do the right things to close out the few seconds...again another part of having a winning mentality. I really think Hurley has this team leaning ever closer in the right direction.

My prediction is they perform well in the AAC tourney and win 2 games.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I've been out of touch since last Saturday traveling, and plan to watch this tomorrow, but based on the comments this seems to have been a game that, even without JAdams offense we might have won. That's actually a good sign on the road. Much better than the game at SMU at any rate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've been out of touch since last Saturday traveling, and plan to watch this tomorrow, but based on the comments this seems to have been a game that, even without JAdams offense we might have won. That's actually a good sign on the road. Much better than the game at SMU at any rate.

If the opponent hits what's effectively a prayer to win, you've done a pretty good job, especially in the context of what has been our effort this year on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom