Chief’s Briefs - UCF Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - UCF Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How many times did we see two defenders on one man while another offensive player was wide open 5 yards away?

Communication or knowing your job, as Edsall repeatedly says, should improve as the season goes on. We can hope, can't we?

Several times in the red zone which turned in to the end zone.

C

Chief00

How many times did we see two defenders on one man while another offensive player was wide open 5 yards away?

Communication or knowing your job, as Edsall repeatedly says, should improve as the season goes on. We can hope, can't we?
I am skeptical that Crocker will ever effectively teach that.
Some people (the same who supported Glen Miller) say - well Chief he’s from Waterford blah, blah. Chief could care less where he’s from.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You seem to be struggling along with the crew that liked your post and insisted UConn’s use of a 4 man line in practice was to prepare for other teams vs. what we planned to play.

Um did you see what I quoted?

Reaction Score
Yep, no 4 man line to see.

And yes I will stand by my statement it was a good student turnout. It’s not important, what or who motivated that turnout as I stated - sure some give credit to Chief but Chief is just glad it happened.

Actually, only Chief gives credit to Chief. Saying it multiple times doesn’t mean you have supporters.

C

Chief00

Actually, only Chief gives credit to Chief. Saying it multiple times doesn’t mean you have supporters.

You must be posting as part of Amateur hour?

Who said they would use a 4 man line based on his practice assessment and discussions with coaches?

Who said Chief was wrong and they were just using the 4 man line to prepare for opponents?

If you determine the answers to those two questions you will know who knows his stuff and has the confidence of the coaches compared to who doesn’t.
Best Regards,
Chief

Reaction Score
Again moving the goalposts. You were absurdly implying some credit to your persona for above expected student attendance and I challenged you on it. Apparently recognizing the absurdity of that now you are making it about a 4 man line, something I never commented on. However, despite never having been to a UConn practice, even I knew from multiple reports that 2 deep players were practicing it. If they were just preparing the offense to oppose a 4 man line that would be the scout team’s job, not the starters. It didn’t take a genius to figure they might use it in some game situations.

Reaction Score
You must be posting as part of Amateur hour?

Who said they would use a 4 man line based on his practice assessment and discussions with coaches?

Who said Chief was wrong and they were just using the 4 man line to prepare for opponents?

If you determine the answers to those two questions you will know who knows his stuff and has the confidence of the coaches compared to who doesn’t.
Best Regards,
Chief
Chief
Don’t get in an argument with the Casual Fan. You both come out smelling bad and the Casual Fan likes it...

Reaction Score
I have not looked at the statistics or even used a program at the game; this is purely the high level Chief eye test.

First, from Chief’s perspective it was fun watching a great QB. He definitely is poised and possesses a very high skill level.

As Chief predicted we went to a 4 man D- line for much of the game. The problem was we did not blitz anyone and there was little pressure on a Heisman level QB who picked us apart.
The first of the many errors Crocker made was when UCF was on the 3 yard line early in the game, if you include DB’s converted to LB’s, he had about 6-7 DB’s in the game - no beef up front and an easy TD result.

He had a freshman CB, who got torched for three early touchdowns and other misassignments. After the second TD I thought for sure he would come out for perhaps a less talented but more experienced guy. Didn’t happened.

As I stated previously, Pindell has legit speed and moves - while his agility avoids many direct hits - I fear if he continues to run so often - he will get injuried.

We played NYG football moving the ball between the 20’s, but we had no running game in the red zone. Did we miss Hopkins, who had 7 TDS last season? Sure we did. We also need to look for McLean as a target in the red zone due to his height.

I do think we have improved from last season and that’s what Chief was looking for.

Not sure what you were watching, but we blitzed a bit. LBs couldn’t make runs and got caught up and we can’t bring anything off the edge because we have no speed rushers.

C

Chief00

Yep. And when we did it didn’t end well.
The blitz execution was terrible. I could get into the X’s and O’s but what the casual fan needs to know is the angles and gaps were wrong and therefore they got stuffed. Since we couldn’t cover anyways we should have really committed to an aggressive blitz from multiple positions.

Reaction Score
It was a tough night but we knew defense was going to be an issue and UCF is going to make other defenses look just as overmatched as ours. The speed that they start the next play, the team speed and the level of QB talent were outstanding. If the coaching staff can get our players to not get down on themselves ( no easy task) but to believe they will get there with effort and intensity we will show progress. Need a lot of fight to break this 7 year downturn.

Reaction Score
I am skeptical that Crocker will ever effectively teach that.
Some people (the same who supported Glen Miller) say - well Chief he’s from Waterford blah, blah. Chief could care less where he’s from.

Maybe he grew up too close to the power plant.

C

Chief00

Chief
Don’t get in an argument with the Casual Fan. You both come out smelling bad and the Casual Fan likes it...

Good point, and Chief is usually the greatest advocate and supporter of the Casual Fan. Generally, when Chief uses that term its with affection and care.
Occasionally, Chief might get frustrated or unintentionally sound demeaning about the Casual Fan’s understanding of the game and while understandable - it is nearly always a mistake. The 40,000 feet view is that they bought a ticket or were given a ticket and attended the game. We need more of that and we must shower them with love and encouragement.
Chief to Casual Fan - Thanks for attending the game or watching it on TV. You are always welcome at The Rent - Football knowledge is not required. So just enjoy game day and no worries.

Reaction Score
The blitz execution was terrible. I could get into the X’s and O’s but what the casual fan needs to know is the angles and gaps were wrong and therefore they got stuffed. Since we couldn’t cover anyways we should have really committed to an aggressive blitz from multiple positions.

I thought you said we didn’t blitz?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Yep, no 4 man line to see.

And yes I will stand by my statement it was a good student turnout. It’s not important, what or who motivated that turnout as I stated - sure some give credit to Chief but Chief is just glad it happened.
Even Jimmy knows that third-person stuff says crazy, even if the content doesn't. And this content does.

C

Chief00

Even Jimmy knows that third-person stuff says crazy, even if the content doesn't. And this content does.

Wonder what would happen to the BY advertising revenue if you posted more and Chief posted less?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Wonder what would happen to the BY advertising revenue if you posted more and Chief posted less?
I think you mean "Chief wonders would would happen if Chief posted more." I actually enjoy your posts and insight. It's the third person thing (and maybe taking credit for the students being there, which is great) that's the kicker.

EDIT: I just realized that not only did you bring the kids to their seats, but you drive the BY revenue. And got the snakes out of Ireland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom