Chief’s Briefs - Midnight Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Midnight Edition

C

Chief00

I agonized if I should do a Chief’s Brief tonight. There is no point analyzing a game which was such a failure at every level.

I will say, we set up this scenario. Shame on us. We should not be staying in New Orleans with another game left on a road trip. Memphis has its challenges too. Calhoun would have had them housed in the middle of nowhere with access to a good gym.

Kudos to Chill for leaving this scene to work and recruit in Springfield MA for a couple days.

Having said all of the above, our biggest problem is a lack of game changing talent. We need to fix that. Especially, if our staff plans to run in theory a pro style offense. You can’t do that without talent and coaches effectively coaching execution.

C

Chief00

Does it matter what this staff plans on doing?

And wow kudos to the recruiter for going on a recruiting trip. Way to hold their feet to the blaze.

Yes, I always admire someone who rises up in a dysfunctional atmosphere, and does the grind. Others made another choice. Would you prefer if he hung out on Bourbon Street to 3am?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I always admire someone who rises up in a dysfunctional atmosphere, and does the grind. Others made another choice. Would you prefer if he hung out on Bourbon Street to 3am?

You have no idea what choice anyone else made. The worst thing about tonight is the ongoing nonsense you’ll subject us to about them staying in NO.

If things are so bad with this program that the recruiter going out recruiting is something that needs to be praised just burn it down.

If he didn’t go they should have fired him for cause.

Wow thanks coach for showing up for your job. SHOUT OUT!

Rising up? He’s management for christ’s sake the blood is on his hands. Rising up. Good grief.

C

Chief00

Just saying the contrast with choices others made is striking.
This is why I hesitated posting anything at all tonight. For the few posters who actually know me, they know I usually know more than what I post about a topic.

C

Chief00

You could sequester this team in a bomb shelter between games and it would still get beaten into a stupor on a pretty regular basis.

I don’t disagree, it just makes the margin worse.

C

Chief00

I say get rid of the curfews and give these kids drink vouchers.

None of them came to UConn with the intention of playing for a tire fire - at least let them enjoy themselves.

You may have a point, I did say in the initial
post that our biggest problem was a lack of game changing talent. Do spectators get a drink voucher too?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just saying the contrast with choices others made is striking.
This is why I hesitated posting anything at all tonight. For the few posters who actually know me, they know I usually know more than what I post about a topic.

What did they think when you kept claiming 11:11?

That you could bend time?

C

Chief00

So do we try to construct some form of team together using masking tape OR do we just hand out drink vouchers to the players and fans? That question is a tough one even for The Chief.

Reaction Score
Not sure of the insinuation here but if KO elected to stay on Bourbon Street when he could have taken flight to Springfield for a day with all the best players in one building then he needs to go. There could be a reason why he stayed other than to party, but if there's not let's pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
The question is, is Chill really recruiting for us or is he out there networking for his next gig? Hate to say this Chief, but the Chill effect has been nil.

Reaction Score
The question is, is Chill really recruiting for us or is he out there networking for his next gig? Hate to say this Chief, but the Chill effect has been nil.

Chill came from a program that lost its last 13 games and went 9-22 last season. Anyone who thought he was any type of savior is sadly mistaken. We have a head coach and associate head coach who have very little in game coaching ability, and it shows.

C

Chief00

Ok - you hire a recruiter in March 2017 and leaving aside the wreckage from 2015 to 2018, Chill has brought in the following players for 2018/2019.
- Matthews
- Akinjo
- Sid Wilson
- Kisunas
Please remember the Blaze strategy didn’t really get implemented until the summer of 2017. Can we do better? - sure. But, let’s give the dude some credit under difficult circumstances.

Reaction Score
Ok - you hire a recruiter in March 2017 and leaving aside the wreckage from 2015 to 2018, Chill has brought in the following players for 2018/2019.
- Matthews
- Akinjo
- Sid Wilson
- Kisunas
Please remember the Blaze strategy didn’t really get implemented until the summer of 2017. Can we do better? - sure. But, let’s give the dude some credit under difficult circumstances.
Can we do better? Umm, we have to. He has to. I agree that he deserves more time but lead recruiters should be able to circumvent difficult situations. They do at other schools so I am not using that as his defense here. Get it done.

Reaction Score

They shouldn't have a choice. This is a job. You have a boss. You follow instructions. Unless your talking about the boss.

C

Chief00

Can we do better? Umm, we have to. He has to. I agree that he deserves more time but lead recruiters should be able to circumvent difficult situations. They do at other schools so I am not using that as his defense here. Get it done.
I agree and think he can over a 3 year horizon but lots of snakes in the grass.

Reaction Score
I will say, we set up this scenario. Shame on us. We should not be staying in New Orleans with another game left on a road trip. Memphis has its challenges too. Calhoun would have had them housed in the middle of nowhere with access to a good gym.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom