Chief’s Briefs - Miami Edition | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Miami Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Why is this so important to you? Total strangers clicking a button on your post? I really don't get it. Don't you have a job? A life outside of here?
I am just curious.
you should check that old thread about 'likes.' a most hilarious exercise into madness, with many of the same posters as appearing here in this looney tune episode. here's a sample:
'grunt' like!
'snarful' like!
'im great' like!
'he stinks' like!
for pages on end..

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No, you miss the point too. I don’t want anything artificial - No likes from someone else or BOT like dislikes on posts up to 8 year old.
As I said 88% of reaction to the OP on the Briefs were Likes - which are unique users rather than the circle posse - a small group that like each other’s posts all the time and dislike every one of mine. It’s crazy conduct, let’s not dress it up and put lipstick on it. I am glad Dan is calling out similar type crazy stuff.
Who is this shadowy posse you speak of? Is it like the slaughterhouse 5? The watergate 7?the symbionese liberation army?

Chief= patty Hearst?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No, you miss the point too. I don’t want anything artificial - No likes from someone else or BOT like dislikes on posts up to 8 year old.
As I said 88% of reaction to the OP on the Briefs were Likes - which are unique users rather than the circle posse - a small group that like each other’s posts all the time and dislike every one of mine. It’s crazy conduct, let’s not dress it up and put lipstick on it. I am glad Dan is calling out similar type crazy stuff.
so every time I liked one of your posts ironically, I should go take those back?

C

Chief00

so every time I liked one of your posts ironically, I should go take those back?
Indeed, if you did the “Like” similar to a BOT, 10,000 times without even reading the post that hadn’t been discussed in years. Under that similar scenario you should take the Like back.

Chief is now done with this record breaking post game Briefs. Thank you everyone for your engagement.

Reaction Score
Nothing like the satisfaction that comes with knowing you broke an imaginary record on an internet message board. Enjoy it, Chief. Well-deserved.

Well the overwhelming majority of posts are about this imaginary “posse” than about the content. So I’d hold your applause.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Chief, relax. Some people on the BY like you and some don't. It's not a big deal. This is a college sports message board. It is for enjoyment it's not life or death. BTW, I'm guessing the guy with the frowny face was giving a shoutout to the BY. Maybe he was goofing on Chief, too. I certainly don't think he traveled to Charleston to convey a message that he was disappointed with the performance of certain players or the team.
Do you mean to tell me that a few of your grey cells dedicated some time contemplating something other than the conclusion that it was a shout out to The Boneyard? BTW I took your post to be a nice way to express things to Chief.

In a universe (The Boneyard) in which there is an absence to a large degree of self reflection Chief is at the head of the class.

I preferred this version of Chief to the one that reared it’s ugly head in this forum during Jerome Dyson’s senior year. Justified or not Chief was brutal with that kid. As wrong as I thought he was expressing his opinion it was his ability to encourage and inflame an already angry group of posters that bothered me. We had people reporting about JD’s private life to demonstrate the entire fault for that season was Jerome.

Chief was THE head cheerleader JD was a LOUSY player bringing up the weak correlation Dyson never played in a postseason tournament as substantiation for his position. Any discussion that UConn might have beaten Syracuse in the 6 OT game or won another NC in JD’s junior year if he didn’t get hurt immediately elicited a response from Chief and his collection of toadies.

After a while the toadies became silent, the board returned to some common sense regarding Jerome and the overwhelming sentiment rallied around Jerome. All except one individual. The moment Dyson’s name was posted in this forum Chief needed to make an appearance and try to destroy the kid’s reputation.

He received zero support and the pushback was strong. The strongest pushback was from BigErn who, up until that time, was not popular in this forum. In the way people look forward to Chief’s briefs people could not wait for BigErns retorts. Apparently they still can’t.

The pushback was so strong by so many posters I began to believe it was crossing a line. When I was just about to reluctantly offer some support to Chief (but not his position regarding JD) he changed to this new persona and I felt thing’s moderated and were harmless. That is until recently.

I recommend strongly that people refrain as much as possible from either encouraging or discouraging this persona. It is neither healthy for this forum or for Chief. Stick to the game or topic under discussion and minimize the focus about Chief. If others are unable to refrain draw the line with your own self restraint.

Think of the need addicts have for alcohol or other drugs and how some of them can manipulate others to satisfy that addiction. The majority of us would not provide drugs or alcohol to those individuals. We would not think addiction is cute or endearing nor would we try to alter that behavior by joking, marginalizing or ridiculing. The same goes for someone who has an addiction to attention.

Love you Chief but with tough love. Love you Boneyarders but with tough love. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Do you mean to tell me that a few of your grey cells dedicated some time contemplating something other than the conclusion that it was a shout out to The Boneyard? BTW I took your post to be a nice way to express things to Chief.

In a universe (The Boneyard) in which there is an absence to a large degree of self reflection Chief is at the head of the class.

I preferred this version of Chief to the one that reared it’s ugly head in this forum during Jerome Dyson’s senior year. Justified or not Chief was brutal with that kid. As wrong as I thought he was expressing his opinion it was his ability to encourage and inflame an already angry group of posters that bothered me. We had people reporting about JD’s private life to demonstrate the entire fault for that season was Jerome.

Chief was THE head cheerleader JD was a LOUSY player bringing up the weak correlation Dyson never played in a postseason tournament as substantiation for his position. Any discussion that UConn might have beaten Syracuse in the 6 OT game or won another NC in JD’s junior year if he didn’t get hurt immediately elicited a response from Chief and his collection of toadies.

After a while the toadies became silent, the board returned to some common sense regarding Jerome and the overwhelming sentiment rallied around Jerome. All except one individual. The moment Dyson’s name was posted in this forum Chief needed to make an appearance and try to destroy the kid’s reputation.

He received zero support and the pushback was strong. The strongest pushback was from BigErn who, up until that time, was not popular in this forum. In the way people look forward to Chief’s briefs people could not wait for BigErns retorts. Apparently they still can’t.

The pushback was so strong by so many posters I began to believe it was crossing a line. When I was just about to reluctantly offer some support to Chief (but not his position regarding JD) he changed to this new persona and I felt thing’s moderated and were harmless. That is until recently.

I recommend strongly that people refrain as much as possible from either encouraging or discouraging this persona. It is neither healthy for this forum or for Chief. Stick to the game or topic under discussion and minimize the focus about Chief. If others are unable to refrain draw the line with your own self restraint.

Think of the need addicts have for alcohol or other drugs and how some of them can manipulate others to satisfy that addiction. The majority of us would not provide drugs or alcohol to those individuals. We would not think addiction is cute or endearing nor would we try to alter that behavior by joking, marginalizing or ridiculing. The same goes for someone who has an addiction to attention.

Love you Chief but with tough love. Love you Boneyarders but with tough love. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.
I can't believe people remember crap like this at all. I had only been vaguely aware of chief on this board (and I have been on the Yard since 00) until the Andre hoax broke.

C

Chief00

Happy Thanksgiving but you don’t have the FACTS on this. A couple years ago Jerome apologize for the things that happened, so your arguments are a straw-man. Jerome and Chief are good now. It was all about his responsibilities to his teammates/brotherhood and coaches.
There’s a difference between a player doing things the right way off the court and in practice but missing shots and a guy not taking care of business in those areas. It was never about his in game effort. He played hard. I am not going to redo an argument that the parties involved agree on today as he matured. We all learn various lessons at different rates growing up. I know Chief did. Jerome played a price, and he knows it more than anyone, since in my view he would be in the NBA today if he did everything the right way, during the foundation years. The two situations aren’t similar at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
images (2).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads