Chief’s Briefs - Iona Edition | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Iona Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
worse of both World’s.
If this isn't beneath a handle and to the right of an avatar by tomorrow morning, someone's messing up.

I like this thread. I just hope it stays contained

Fort the ead.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
To CL82's point:

Post #1- Chief summarizes his thoughts on the Iona game.
Posts #2-46- general discourse about the game, including Hurley's wholesale change in the lineup, attendance, etc. including my post #18, and Chief responding to mine #27.
Post #47- Mano starts derailing the discussion to make it about Chief...Uh-oh. The next SIXTY posts are almost entirely a back and forth snowball fight that has absolutely nothing to do with Huskies basketball and the original topic.
Post #107- JustBrewIt bravely tries to return to the appropriate discussion.

So to summarize, the first 46 posts are on topic; the next 60 are hijacked. This is not about anyone's right to post or not, but you really have no business taking the discussion off the tracks like you have. I don't want to have to sort through dozens of posts looking for ones with b-ball content.

There are a few of you that really have a problem with Chief. I'm asking you to use your judgment so that when you see a topic called "Chief's Briefs," keep on walkin' to the next topic. Your rights to bash him end where the rest of us who enjoy his insights begin.
@JustbrewitMan 's much more than brave.
'not a good look for the fanbase?' here's a home movie of us -this is what we look, and sound like. lookin good, if ya ask me. come to think of it, we all kinda look the same.

LOVE the outtakes at the end!

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yessir, it is.

I’ve asked some of the usually suspects why exactly we keep ending up this way, but they’ve yet to respond. Madmann is gonna help me sort them out.
Time to cash in my chips.
I never thought I'd catch up.
Kept me away from worse, and I hope it's tight as a drum when I get up in the morning.

The Short Thoughts for the Long Haul are keepers. Thanx @Sphinx

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
JustbrewitMan's actions show an unparalleled bravery. We should all be extremely proud of his heroism.
Carried on both sides of a basketball-related discussion for a couple rounds without referring to himself in the 3rd person.

Were we wowed by the character of his content, or the content of his character?

Okay, lights out. It's been a slice.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Top o' the mornin', folks.

Just took a look, cuz I'd forgotten. This was a pretty good post-game thread for its first couple pages. But with exams and a big gap between games, where else could it go? Thankfully, the team is looking good and trending upward.

Be prepared for IU at MSG.
GO HUSKIES!

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As someone with no dog in this fight (neither Chater nor fanboy), I'm viewing your rebuttals & repeats as just another flavor of the "crap" you're referring to. That's not a criticism so much as an observation, because I'm at this point for the show. Seeing the frowny face in headdress rewarded my curiosity. Thanks @MattMang23.
I do have a dog in the fight. Readability of the threads. It annoys me that a few toddlers have decided that they are going to have a tantrum and clog up threads that they don't like. I've ignored it but it has only gotten worse, with a new group of hangers on joining the fray. So I figured I would point out that they are being asshats and see if that changes the dynamic. A few of us got called into the principals office over it so we will see where that goes.

Reaction Score
I do have a dog in the fight. Readability of the threads. It annoys me that a few toddlers have decided that they are going to have a tantrum and clog up threads that they don't like. I've ignored it but it has only gotten worse, with a new group of hangers on joining the fray. So I figured I would point out that they are being asshats and see if that changes the dynamic. A few of us got called into the principals office over it so we will see where that goes.
So your response is, just when it looked liked the clog was about to go down to the sewer, “I think I’ll toss in some more crap and keep this around longer”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So your response is, just when it looked liked the clog was about to go down to the sewer, “I think I’ll toss in some more crap and keep this around longer”
Nope, I wait around to see if the shots are one offs, but they typically aren't. Bottom line if you don't like Chief as a poster, don't open his threads. Everyone wins, right?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
90% of these thread stats are talking about chief, not his briefs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Very next post after this is Chief talking about his stats. Can't make it up

He’s a garden-variety idiot - one of several, unfortunately.

All will be much more scarce going forward.

Reaction Score
If you mean tighten up by him only playing 7 or 8 guys, it's not going to happen. If you mean figure out how to mix and match better and define roles a little better I agree but we're going to go 10 deep all year. Our depth is an advantage and we'll wear teams down.
Well by that I mean, the minutes will be harder to come by. A guy will play 18 minutes one game, and 3 the next. Just to get this back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom