Chief’s Briefs - Cincy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Cincy

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not you, me. I want the kids on the court. I think it creates the best atmosphere for the games, and I think it further motivates students to attend.

That said, I understand their reasoning. Don't like, but understand it.
Kids up close.
Reframe it as, "You're paying the big bucks to watch kids play: basketball, gymnastics, dancing, and wild cheering."
Not happening, but still my preference.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Ollie is still teaching old-school box outs? That elbows up, reverse pivot stuff doesn't fly these days

Cinci clearly has a different mentality and it shows. Hit a body and pursue the ball. That's how every coach worth their salt should be teaching it imo, especially if you've got athletes who can rebound vertically.

Jesus. Im agreeing with chief

I don't have any doubt he's teaching it, the only reason you see guys facing the wrong way to make a box out is they weren't proactive on looking for the shot to go up as you know. Too late so the reaction is their guy is getting by so you block them any way, we saw Facey and Brimah do that a lot mostly due to the inability to feel the game, know when the shooter is ready to shoot it.

I will tell who boxes out well, the guards. They seem to have it down.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So “2860” is part of your middle name. That’s what’s great about life - there are always firsts.
Actually he's a Jr.

Reaction Score
I don't have any doubt he's teaching it, the only reason you see guys facing the wrong way to make a box out is they weren't proactive on looking for the shot to go up as you know. Too late so the reaction is their guy is getting by so you block them any way, we saw Facey and Brimah do that a lot mostly due to the inability to feel the game, know when the shooter is ready to shoot it.

I will tell who boxes out well, the guards. They seem to have it down.

Vital is a pretty good example of new-school rebounding coaching.

He's jist aggressive, almost reckless, getting after the ball

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Didn't watch the game but apparently we won. Nice.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch the game but apparently we won. Nice.
Ya, never close but never really a blow out either. As I said in another thread, if Cincy does not take it by at least 15, I would be worried as a Bearcats fan, that is how bad the Huskies are. The way the Huskies played it really should have been more than 20 points victory for Cincy, honestly.

C

Chief00

Vital is a pretty good example of new-school rebounding coaching.

He's jist aggressive, almost reckless, getting after the ball

I am skeptical but open to consider the new school approach may work for guards but you only need to look at our rebounding rankings the last few years to know it doesn’t work for Bigs. They are closer to the basket and there is less real estate to seal off. The fundamentals also avoid fouls, something our team is plagued with.
Calhoun led the country in rebounding for many years using the old school techniques.

Reaction Score
I was always thankful for the Big East toughening Calhoun's teams for the tournament, 2011 being the best example.
However that was a young and not very physical team but much more physical and talented than this year.
They got seriously mugged in the the Big East finishing 9-9 .
A bunch of BY’s even jumped of the bandwagon . Well we are at least consistent .
They did have Kemba the best guard in the country and when the refs actually started calling fouls it was game over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom