Chief’s Briefs - Cincy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Cincy

C

Chief00

I just watched the game. I taped it and decided to pour an Irish and see what happened. Agree we did not give up but at no time did I feel we could make a serious run at the lead. JTT seemed to be wanting to coach our team during the second half calling for the extra pass and more movement on more than several occasions. Is lack of Coach at these games a kiss of death for KO? I cannot believe I am saying this but I was actually happy with the single digit loss.

One thing I can tell you about Coach, nothing that he does is happenstance or a coincidence.

Reaction Score
LOL - Handle names on the internet did not exist then. Did your parents name you Stinger2860?

Yes they did, it's my middle name, but I don't refer to myself in 3rd person, it's a sign of egomania.

C

Chief00

Yes they did, it's my middle name, but I don't refer to myself in 3rd person, it's a sign of egomania.

So “2860” is part of your middle name. That’s what’s great about life - there are always firsts.

C

Chief00

CalhounLOL. is in South Carolina chief - just an FYI

So he won’t have any excuse about his golf game? Doesn’t sound like Benedict is getting his money’s worth out of him the last month or so before his contract is up - LOL

C

Chief00

Yes, and that's not happenstance. He went there on purpose.

Hilton Head - he has been going there for years. Saw him at a wedding down in SC a few years ago.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
There was a kid on Married with Children called Seven. I hated that little .

Let's not forget 7 of 9.

Seven-of-Nine.jpg

C

Chief00

not true its happened several times
Maybe so, but I have several visual images memories this season of empty seats behind the bench at both XL and Gampel.

C

Chief00

Looking at it from a different angle, DB is in a tough spot, as there is far less money to go around now, and he's still expected to generate large amounts.

And this is coming from a guy who thinks the students should be all over court side.
I did not take a position on that, I understand business revenues. I just made an observation about reactions. I don’t believe I ever advocated students fill the lower bowl. I would have to move back. LOL

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I did not take a position on that, I understand business revenues. I just made an observation about reactions. I don’t believe I ever advocated students fill the lower bowl. I would have to move back. LOL

Not you, me. I want the kids on the court. I think it creates the best atmosphere for the games, and I think it further motivates students to attend.

That said, I understand their reasoning. Don't like, but understand it.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
KO talks about punching first? Seriously? The team immediately covers up in the nearest corner.

The first 7 minutes was a kick to the teef. Something not seen in today's Chief brief.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I guess if I were as esteemed as @Fishy I'd probably nip it in the bud that this is my sock....

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Chief’s Advice:
You have so many limiting self restrictions. My parents taugh me to engage everyone and to treat everyone with respect. I suggest you try that for a week and then evaluate how much better life is and how much more you will learn about others.
Tell it to the judge.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Chief, is there an chance we can meet? I live in Chicago but I will fly to CT at your convenience. I want to meet you. I need to meet you. I'm not joking. C'mon guy, cup of coffee, bottle of beer, slice of pizza, your choice.

C

Chief00

Chief, is there an chance we can meet? I live in Chicago but I will fly to CT at your convenience. I want to meet you. I need to meet you. I'm not joking. C'mon guy, cup of coffee, bottle of beer, slice of pizza, your choice.

Thank you, I am flattered. Who knows maybe some day soon? On the other hand, maybe Hawaii should be on your bucket list instead?

C

Chief00

KO talks about punching first? Seriously? The team immediately covers up in the nearest corner.

The first 7 minutes was a kick to the teef. Something not seen in today's Chief brief.

Gee, I thought I said what you said (see below from my OP). But, thanks for the feedback, communication is an art subject to interpretation. One can almost always do better.

“- KO talks about punching first but I got to tell you these Cincy guys really are fun to watch finding a body to hit when the ball goes up. Everyone finds a body and then they aggressively go after the ball. Very fundamentally sound. The casual fan may not see the beauty in this but to Chief’s eyes it’s a thing of beauty and something we can learn from.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The team consists of role players. Some can rebound or defend, but not score, some score but can't defend. Be nice to have a couple who could play d, pass, and score....I'll bite, that has to be on the coaching staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom