OT: - Cheeseburger and Fries Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: Cheeseburger and Fries Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You couldn’t master it or you just wouldn’t?

I recall having a hard time getting the ribbons they wanted. But, the me at 16 was also anti-authority and my supervisor was an ass so there may well have been some of the latter (we ended up at the same company 15 years later and I ate his lunch performance-wise).

Reaction Score
Mine was Dairy Queen. I did enjoy a nice DQ double cheese burger with the chili topping normally put on hotdogs. Mmmm. I want one right now.
DQ grill n chill- Manchester.... Greatest place ever. Can't stop me from getting that tender and fries basket!

Reaction Score
Surprised it took this long to get a vote for Ted’s cheeseburger grinder (or are you talking about the place in Meriden?). Honestly, don’t remember ever eating one sober but, as I recall, they were great.

I was referring to Ted’s Steam Cheeseburger in Meriden (I’m a Middletown kid). Are you referring to Ted’s Montana grill? I’ve heard they have good burgers too.

Reaction Score
DQ grill n chill- Manchester.... Greatest place ever. Can't stop me from getting that tender and fries basket!

The Flamethrower at DQ is one of my favorite fast food burgers. Good spice with the jalapeños.

C

Chief00

Two best cheeseburgers in Central CT area are Red Fox and Celtic Carven (especially if you like with bacon).

Reaction Score
Two best cheeseburgers in Central CT area are Red Fox and Celtic Carven (especially if you like with bacon).

I live 2 mins from Red Fox and never tried it. I always get their Chicken Parm at lunch with peppers. I’ll give the burger a shot next time.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
You referring to the Celtic Tavern in Middletown? I know the space but haven't checked it out in years.

C

Chief00

You referring to the Celtic Tavern in Middletown? I know the space but haven't checked it out in years.
Yeah, they have a really outstanding cheeseburger with bacon.
D14D4CF2-0B97-4E6E-BEA0-360D702928FB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Frankly, I always thought you were a hot dog man.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seasoning is more important if you're cooking on a flat top or in a pan to get some crusting and hold in the flavor. I use very little salt and pepper if it's going on the grill.
Lately I've used salt, pepper, onion powder and chili powder for burgers on a cast iron grill. Have to say it's pretty good.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Ever been to Riley’s in New Britain? Hearing good things.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bumping this to deliver word of a new abomination from Heinz that I imagine some of you will be all over while the rest of us suppress our gag reflex...

Kranch.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Nope. Thousand Island is mayo/ketchup/pickle relish/vinegar. Ranch is mayo/buttermilk with modest flavoring.

Russian Dressing > Thousand Island

Leave it to Dumb Americans to overly sweeten up a perfectly fine condiment.

Reaction Score
micky d's. two mcdoubles, cuppa water, $tree fiddy. see ya later, bye. repeat. often. (trailer park boys RULE.)

Bacon McDoubler no onions. Yum. I usually hate Mcky d food but this is good. They use to charge $2.00 but after awile it went up to $4. That’s when I stopped buying.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Bacon McDoubler no onions. Yum. I usually hate Mcky d food but this is good. They use to charge $2.00 but after awile it went up to $4. That’s when I stopped buying.
No disrespect because I respect you but those little onions are one of the best parts

Reaction Score
Yeah, they have a really outstanding cheeseburger with bacon. View attachment 38330

Sounds good but hold the mushrooms, I hate mushrooms.
Many years ago my dad used to take my sister and me to the Owl Restaurant on West Ave in Norwalk. Had a burger on toasted buttered white bread! So good.
It was aChinese restaurant. Anyone here remember it?

Reaction Score
Fries:
shoestring...

steak and shake are the best.

I have not found a restaurant or bar in CT with better fries when looking for thin fries

Rooster’s in Newington are good.
their chicken cutlet no pickles add bacon with mentioned fries is the ultimate. Burger from them is second place

Places with a good thin fry in no order
Bill’s Diner @ MGM Springfield
Plan B
Wood n Tap are OK
The bar fries @ Chelsea Piers rink in Stamford
I think MAX burger were good( its been awhile)

Any other places with really good thin fry?

Reaction Score
Waffle House's double patty melt plate with hashbrowns smothered, covered and topped. Well, at 2am.

Reaction Score
Waffle House's double patty melt plate with hashbrowns smothered, covered and topped. Well, at 2am.

Most people here will never know/understand the miracle that is waffle house

Bless their hearts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom