OT: - Cheeseburger and Fries Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Cheeseburger and Fries Thread

Reaction Score
thate stuff is the elixir of life. Not detrimental.

If she bought me 50 Pork Belly sandwiches I would sign the check.

I thought you said you put 16 pounds back in but we’re getting back on track?

Just remember a month or so ago when I called the EXACT point you turned the train right back to Fatso City.

Reaction Score
was just in Quebec and ate poutine once a day, 5 days in a row. i wish it were a thing here.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
shoe string fries.

Not good.

Fried shoe strings

Worse.

Truly, I've pretty much stopped ordering them, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised if someone offers a share, and sometimes they come through.

No ketchup, little to no salt nowadays, plus fond summer '74 memories of very plain & always delicious 90¢ fries that I ate in my $1.25 Fenway Park bleacher several dozen times

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Try BBQ sauce and blue cheese!

could really go for a Ted's bbq chicken/onion ring pizza right now... it shouldn't work, but with the blue cheese it's so good

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Def doesn’t suck.

He probably knows spots that are great but I’ve eaten Primanti’s and it was delish.

Nah. If friends come to town and demand I take them to Primanti's and actually go with them, they become non-friends.

Keeping with the thread, about the worst thing you can do to a french fry is put in on a Primanti's sandwich in between the vinegary cole slaw and the cheap meat.

Btw, this thread is easily the clubhouse leader for best thread of 2019. And it may be hard to top.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
shoe string fries.

Not good.

I wouldn't categorically bash the concept. I'd say the rosemary/garlic fries at Smashburger qualify as shoestring and those are crack.

Reaction Score
If you have to have Turkey burgers, Butterball frozen grills up fine.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Pineapple on a burger is so wrong on so many levels. I like pineapple, just not on burgers or pizza.
Thank you for your interest in Dovian burgers.

Reaction Score
Fried shoe strings

Worse.

Truly, I've pretty much stopped ordering them, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised if someone offers a share, and sometimes they come through.

No ketchup, little to no salt nowadays, plus fond summer '74 memories of very plain & always delicious 90¢ fries that I ate in my $1.25 Fenway Park bleacher several dozen times
They are the worst. Went to an upscale French bistro recently and the steak pommes frites came with shoe string fries. They were like the shoe string fries you would eat out of a can as a kid but even worse. They are too hard, can't be eaten with a fork, and just aren't good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They are the worst... They are too hard, can't be eaten with a fork, and just aren't good.
Sounds just like the SO talking about the onion rings at Mickey's. Yeah, but...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sounds just like the SO talking about the onion rings at Mickey's. Yeah, but...
What you got for best onion rings? I hate like 95% of the ones I’ve ever tried, but I love the ones at the Glenwood in Hamden. Other than that, the only other great ones I can recall were at Al’s French Frys in South Burlington, VT.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What you got for best onion rings? I hate like 95% of the ones I’ve ever tried, but I love the ones at the Glenwood in Hamden. Other than that, the only other great ones I can recall were at Al’s French Frys in South Burlington, VT.
That was the thing, I'm not a OR person. But the shoestring rings at Mickey's were addicting.

Augie and Ray's down the street does a nice ring. They dust and batter them right at the fry station.

Reaction Score
At a diner I used to eat at growing up in PA I used to get a open face turkey sandwich with gravy fries on the side. they were thicker fries like steak fries. I remember them as being good

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was the thing, I'm not a OR person. But the shoestring rings at Mickey's were addicting.

Augie and Ray's down the street does a nice ring. They dust and batter them right at the fry station.
I’m not an OR person generally either, primarily because I hate onions as a condiment, and even more so as a main ingredient. I cook with them and that’s about it. But there are a few rare onion rings that are so good that they make me forget about the onion.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At a diner I used to eat at growing up in PA I used to get a open face turkey sandwich with gravy fries on the side. they were thicker fries like steak fries. I remember them as being good
Nectar’s in Burlington, VT is king of gravy fries. No late night there is complete without them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So who make good fries besides nobody? I haven't had a good fry since Jack's at the Northampton Fair. And I haven't been there since they stopped racing horses.

There needs to be more random places where horses race.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Gold burger or Plan B. I like Ted’s too.
Surprised it took this long to get a vote for Ted’s cheeseburger grinder (or are you talking about the place in Meriden?). Honestly, don’t remember ever eating one sober but, as I recall, they were great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom