Chassion on picking a school the second time around | The Boneyard

Chassion on picking a school the second time around

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, 'picking a school' sounds like she has multiple colleges to choose from. :)

Reaction Score
I looked her up, she was honorable mention all state her senior year, in the second smallest classification in LA. People should be realistic about her abilities.
Anyone who watched her play during her limited minutes on the court last year has no delusions about her ability. She's spirited, is a great teammate and has a smidgeon of basketball talent. She isn't going to land at a division one school to play ball. I don't think she expects to be a starter for anyone, but would like the opportunity to play a bit more than the last 45 seconds of a game while chasing her academic dreams.

The one thing she has going for her is that she is apparently extremely intelligent and is pursuing a career as a physician. All the best to her in that endeavor. If she can be successful at that, and have a little playing time to have some fun and let the pressure off from her studies, then more power to her.

Here's hoping she gets as much of what she wants to be happy and all of what she needs in life. She strikes me as someone who deserves both.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It would seem that Autumn would be a perfect fit for an Ivy League school. Not Princeton or Penn necessarily but a Brown, Dartmouth, or Columbia. She could play and get a great education while she's doing it.
Yes, but something tells me Autumn and her family are looking for an athletic scholarship, and that’s not an option for the Ivies.

Reaction Score
Perhaps a program with a new coach inheriting a bad team that is going to suffer for a few years and could use a role model type player will building a winning atmosphere.

But I would guess a school with academics that will help her get into medical school.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anyone who watched her play during her limited minutes on the court last year has no delusions about her ability. She's spirited, is a great teammate and has a smidgeon of basketball talent. She isn't going to land at a division one school to play ball. I don't think she expects to be a starter for anyone, but would like the opportunity to play a bit more than the last 45 seconds of a game while chasing her academic dreams.

The one thing she has going for her is that she is apparently extremely intelligent and is pursuing a career as a physician. All the best to her in that endeavor. If she can be successful at that, and have a little playing time to have some fun and let the pressure off from her studies, then more power to her.

Here's hoping she gets as much of what she wants to be happy and all of what she needs in life. She strikes me as someone who deserves both.
Agreed. That’s exactly why I suggested a low to mid-major program. There are a plethora of low-major programs that she could fit very nicely into. There would be absolutely no pressure on her to perform at the level she was expected to at UConn. I hope she does have multiple options to choose from.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My feelings are accept for her size, she really has some good basketball skills. I was impressed by her confidence, shooting form and her passing. She knew the offense (not so trivial at UConn) and was decisive in her passes and shooting. I got to think there is a good fit out there. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Best wishes to Autumn! Follow the dream!
We learn from each experience....... Forward......
Be Happy! Zarathustra
P.S. I'm "pro" Patriot League. Lady Raiders

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but it's laughable to me that anyone on this board thinks she has D1 talent. To me, Autumn barely resembles a DIII JUCO player. Like, did we even watch the same player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom