Chassion on picking a school the second time around | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chassion on picking a school the second time around

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have never seen so many negative comments about a UConn player. It reminds me of the vitriol that was said about EW transferring to UConn by the people in Tennessee. I didn't like it then and don't like it now. Autumn is a young lady that got a chance of a lifetime, she was able to walk on to the Husky team, was accepted by the players and coaches. She played when she could and cheered when she didn't. If I remember correctly she also was injured the last half of the season, but never let that creep into her love for her teammates, coaches, and UConn. She also showed a sense of humor when Geno thrust the clipboard in her hands a gave the team to her. I wish Autumn good luck in her endeavors and hope that she gets what she wants in her future, be it playing basketball or her dream of becoming a doctor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have never seen so many negative comments about a UConn player. It reminds me of the vitriol that was said about EW transferring to UConn by the people in Tennessee. I didn't like it then and don't like it now. Autumn is a young lady that got a chance of a lifetime, she was able to walk on to the Husky team, was accepted by the players and coaches. She played when she could and cheered when she didn't. If I remember correctly she also was injured the last half of the season, but never let that creep into her love for her teammates, coaches, and UConn. She also showed a sense of humor when Geno thrust the clipboard in her hands a gave the team to her. I wish Autumn good luck in her endeavors and hope that she gets what she wants in her future, be it playing basketball or her dream of becoming a doctor.
I would give this five "likes" if I could.

Reaction Score
Geno apparently thought she did.......
I’m not sure you’ve seen her play enough to make that statement based on fact.
When did you “watch” her?
A JUCO player?
Maybe DIII?
You have insufficient factual data to make that claim.

Reaction Score
Why not give this post a rest until someone hears that Autumn lands somewhere. By all accounts she was a good teammate and nice person while on the team - I never heard any negatives from anyone associated with the team about her this past year. She put in the same amount of time and I would guess energy as all her scholarship teammates while pursuing a (I would assume) challenging course of premed study. She obviously loves bball but her career goal is to become a doctor. She knew she wasn't going to see any real playing time if she stayed. So she chose to put herself out there in hopes that a less prestigious program which also meets her academic needs would offer her a ride and she could get to play the game she loves before her window closes once she starts Med School. I think she was close to her teammates ( they all seem to have a very tight bond), so it wasn't probably an easy decision for her. How about we simply be grateful for what she brought to the team this year and wish her well in her future!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Serg, if I could give you 100 likes for this comment, I would. Consider them given. Well said sir!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Why not give this post a rest until someone hears that Autumn lands somewhere. By all accounts she was a good teammate and nice person while on the team - I never heard any negatives from anyone associated with the team about her this past year. She put in the same amount of time and I would guess energy as all her scholarship teammates while pursuing a (I would assume) challenging course of premed study. She obviously loves bball but her career goal is to become a doctor. She knew she wasn't going to see any real playing time if she stayed. So she chose to put herself out there in hopes that a less prestigious program which also meets her academic needs would offer her a ride and she could get to play the game she loves before her window closes once she starts Med School. I think she was close to her teammates ( they all seem to have a very tight bond), so it wasn't probably an easy decision for her. How about we simply be grateful for what she brought to the team this year and wish her well in her future!
Twelve, I like your post, especially your closing thought. Very insightful and apropos. Classes at most college campuses resume in about 4-6 weeks (UConn on Aug 30). Autumn should be announcing her new program of choice very soon.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned here. Of the 1,139 WBB transfers listed in the portal, there are still 303 that have not found a new school.

Reaction Score
Is she part of those numbers since she wasn’t on scholarship?

Reaction Score
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned here. Of the 1,139 WBB transfers listed in the portal, there are still 303 that have not found a new school.
If you're using Raoul's info, I believe the correct value is:

Ttl. 1139 # Listed
minus 833 # with Destination known
minus .24 # Non-transfers (stayed with school, went pro, etc)
==================
equal 282 with no/unknown status

Reaction Score

Ttl. 1139 # Listed
==================
This seems entirely reasonable. Good work.
Please, where did you get your numbers in case I need to justify it somewhere else?

Reaction Score

Ttl. 1139 # Listed
==================

Looking over Raoul's site, I got 278 but may have missed a few. It seemed that a disproportionate number were grad transfers or foreign players. The GRs may have just been looking for a free year of schooling and may stop playing if one doesnt materialize. Foreign players may just not come back.

More generally, it's September. If someone doesnt have a school by now, seems less likely that anything significant is going to happen.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but Tulane would be a great landing spot for Autumn. Solid academics & she gets to stay home. If Autumn needs a referral I'm sure Geno would gladly pick up the phone and call Lisa Stockton. It looks like Tulane WBB also has a roster spot but all that might be OBE since the students were being evacuated just prior to Ida hitting. Good luck to Autumn and her family. BTW I eagerly await the naysaying post that tries to convince me Autumn couldn't play at Tulane which is a Division I school.

Reaction Score
FWIW Tulane bused all out of area students to Houston after the hurricane. Tulane was putting them up in hotels until they could fly home. The plan is to start school again online or in person in mid October.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
FWIW Tulane bused all out of area students to Houston after the hurricane. Tulane was putting them up in hotels until they could fly home. The plan is to start school again online or in person in mid October.
Tulane’s FB team has been bused to their new temporary home in Birmingham. They had been scheduled to play OK in New Orleans on Saturday. The game has now been relocated to Norman.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but Tulane would be a great landing spot for Autumn. Solid academics & she gets to stay home. If Autumn needs a referral I'm sure Geno would gladly pick up the phone and call Lisa Stockton. It looks like Tulane WBB also has a roster spot but all that might be OBE since the students were being evacuated just prior to Ida hitting. Good luck to Autumn and her family. BTW I eagerly await the naysaying post that tries to convince me Autumn couldn't play at Tulane which is a Division I school.
Tulane has been mentioned a few times. I speculated Tulane, Rice, or Vandy when she first announced she was transferring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom