Charlie Creme Ranks Next Years Teams | The Boneyard

Charlie Creme Ranks Next Years Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I am utterly shocked to see Rutgers get no respect. :rolleyes: He could at least put them under teams to watch.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am utterly shocked to see Rutgers get no respect. :rolleyes: He could at least put them under teams to watch.
Agree on "both" counts :D.

Next year will be interesting for Rutgers, and ultimately as well for Georgetown and St. John's. I think Rutgers will either be respectably good (which I expect) or fail utterly, in which case I fear that we would be seeing the end of the CVS era. The return of Lee, continued success (hopefully) from Mo and Erica, as well as growth in last years frosh and this year's highly ranked recruits should equal a season at least as good as last year (would love better!). Unfortunately, prediction is not an exact science.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

I agree. Difficult to see RU ranked lower than 28, but it's only Creme, and preseason rankings don't really matter that much anyway. Betcha Creme forgot that Lee is coming back.

Reaction Score
Surprised that WVU didnt make the top 25. Can see them challenging for 2nd in the BigXII next yr.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Agree on "both" counts :D.

Next year will be interesting for Rutgers, and ultimately as well for Georgetown and St. John's. I think Rutgers will either be respectably good (which I expect) or fail utterly, in which case I fear that we would be seeing the end of the CVS era. The return of Lee, continued success (hopefully) from Mo and Erica, as well as growth in last years frosh and this year's highly ranked recruits should equal a season at least as good as last year (would love better!). Unfortunately, prediction is not an exact science.

I agree. Although, I can't see us having a bad season. I can see us being a little shaky in the first half of the season though. But I think it depends on the Sophs and freshman really.

Reaction Score
West Virginia back in the Big East???? Why is this article from March 5 suddenly showing up here?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can see TN dropping out of the top 10, but not so sure about out of the top 20. From a pure talent standpoint they still have 4 McD AA's on their team. They won't have depth, but that's 4/5 starters.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I can see TN dropping out of the top 10, but not so sure about out of the top 20. From a pure talent standpoint they still have 4 McD AA's on their team. They won't have depth, but that's 4/5 starters.
Simmons, Massingale, Spani, Burdick and coming in Carter and Graves. I think it's 6 McD's.

Problem is, their only true post player is Harrison, and she didn't show much last year in very limited minutes. Simmons played better in HS. Spani has to show she is healthy.

Time will tell.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Surprised that WVU didnt make the top 25. Can see them challenging for 2nd in the BigXII next yr.

I agree... I would have had them in the 11-15 range. I would be surprised to see them not in second place in the Big 12 next season.

Tennessee is too low.... I would put them around 15... maybe a few spots higher. Ga Tech is too high....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Simmons, Massingale, Spani, Burdick and coming in Carter and Graves. I think it's 6 McD's.

Problem is, their only true post player is Harrison, and she didn't show much last year in very limited minutes. Simmons played better in HS. Spani has to show she is healthy.

Time will tell.
Missed Burdick, but I don't think Carter was McD's. So we split it at 5?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Missed Burdick, but I don't think Carter was McD's. So we split it at 5?
yes but tennessee fans will tell you that Carter is really a top 5 kid cuz she was rated high somewhere at some point before her ACL injury. sort of like Michala Johnson I guess...

Reaction Score
One thing not discussed is separation. Last year there was obvious separation between the top four and the also rans all year long.
So what's the separation between UCONN and Baylor and the rest of the crowd or is Duke in this class? I think not.
What say you?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Won't be popular, but IMHO its Baylor in the first tier all by themselves because of Griner and Sims. Then I have Duke & UConn slightly lower and 2nd tier. Then after that there's Kentucky, Maryland, Penn State and Stanford in the third tier.

Baylor would be favored to beat all the teams I've listed. Duke & UConn would be favored to beat all other teams with the exception of Baylor. I almost had UConn by iteself in the 2nd tier, but I like Duke's team because of Williams and Gray. I do think UConn beats Duke when they play each other.

My favorites for the Final Four, are Baylor, UConn and Duke. I have no clue who ends up as the 4th team in the Final Four.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Won't be popular, but IMHO its Baylor in the first tier all by themselves because of Griner and Sims. Then I have Duke & UConn slightly lower and 2nd tier. Then after that there's Kentucky, Maryland, Penn State and Stanford in the third tier.

Baylor would be favored to beat all the teams I've listed. Duke & UConn would be favored to beat all other teams with the exception of Baylor. I almost had UConn by iteself in the 2nd tier, but I like Duke's team because of Williams and Gray. I do think UConn beats Duke when they play each other.

My favorites for the Final Four, are Baylor, UConn and Duke. I have no clue who ends up as the 4th team in the Final Four.

Well, you are right. Having Duke and UConn on the same level next year will be unpopular for sure...lol.

I would point out that Stokes handled Williams quite well last year, even outplaying her. And Stewart and Williams played on the same USA team and Stewart outplayed her. I do like Gray, and Duke does have some talented players.

IMO, It's Baylor and UConn on the top tier. Duke is a notch below that.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is a lot closer to Baylor than to Duke. UConn had a
double digit lead at Waco last year, and unless you believe that the
incoming freshman don't make UConn a significantly better team
than last year, I think you have to give UConn a good chance to
beat Baylor at home and maybe in the NCAAs.

I would have Baylor and UConn as 1 and 1a with a clear separation
to Duke in 3rd. Then a clear separation between Duke and everyone
else.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
There's a clear separation between Baylor and everyone else. Now that Baylor has a title, they will only be better, because confidence will loom large and Griner will loom even larger. They were 20 pts. better than everyone come tourney time. I don't see anyone coming within 10 pts.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
West Virginia back in the Big East???? Why is this article from March 5 suddenly showing up here?

Although the date of the rankings says March 5th it has been partially updated to reflect KBA's departure from SJU.

However, Mr. Creme again doesnt cut the mustard. He blew it on Cal's write up:
15. California
All-Pac 12 guard Layshia Clarendon, point guard Brittany Boyd, who made the league's all-freshman team, and everyone else returns for coach Lindsay Gottlieb. The Bears are still the most likely program to threaten Stanford, which won't be as formidable.

There is a whole topic on Lyndsay Sherbert leaving Cal. Not to mention another player also left and their Asst. Coach-D. Park has left for USC.
Do some homework Mr. Creme, or at least check with the Boneyarders for updates.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
There's a clear separation between Baylor and everyone else. Now that Baylor has a title, they will only be better, because confidence will loom large and Griner will loom even larger. They were 20 pts. better than everyone come tourney time. I don't see anyone coming within 10 pts.

Hmm, I'd take the other side of that bet..! :D Assuming both squads (ours and theirs) are healthy when we meet.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think UConn is a lot closer to Baylor than to Duke. UConn had a
double digit lead at Waco last year, and unless you believe that the
incoming freshman don't make UConn a significantly better team
than last year, I think you have to give UConn a good chance to
beat Baylor at home and maybe in the NCAAs.

I would have Baylor and UConn as 1 and 1a with a clear separation
to Duke in 3rd. Then a clear separation between Duke and everyone
else.
I agree with this. Duke and Maryland showed no ability last year to compete with the top four teams. Maryland got obliterated by ND in the Elite Eight, and Duke, on their home floor, failed to significantly challenge UConn playing well below its ceiling. With what UConn has coming back and coming in (better than MD and Duke on both scores), and I have a tough time believing UConn should share a tier with the teams below it.

If people want to put Baylor in their own class until proven otherwise, I understand the rationale. However, I see next season as analogous to 2009-10 where Baylor is UConn from that season and UConn is Stanford. Except I think that 2009-10 UConn team was better than Baylor will be, and UConn is probably on par with or better than that Stanford squad.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hmm, I'd take the other side of that bet..! :D Assuming both squads (ours and theirs) are healthy when we meet.
given that five teams came within 10 points of Baylor last season, I'm highly skeptical that they can pull a Uconn 2009. Even UConn 2010 and 2002 couldn't pull a UConn 2009.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Where is the clear separation betweeen Uconn and Baylor?

They weren't 20 pooints better than UConn last year at any time of the season. Baylor was a terrible matchup for ND and it showed in both meetings. UConn played them to 5 points and had an 11 point lead in the 2nd half.

And the UConn game is at home for UConn. And on a neutral court if they meet in the NCAA's.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
We are going to be substantially more capable next year, at least by the second half of the season, and in the FF, watch out! We have a true point guard, something we have needed since Monty graduated in my view; then we have BreStu, and she is almost as amazing as BG...a bit shorter, but a much more athletic player; and super smart. Wait til the trainers beef her up. Then there is the development that can be expected from KLM and Bria and SD, with MTuck and Kiah posting up too. And we'll still have the glue: Ohmnu and CD. Plus our bench... Oh, if all goes well, we are in for an incredibly awesome ride! I can't wait...I see us loosing to Baylor in the first go; but beating them in the FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom