Charles Coleman to Wake Forest, Maybe? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Charles Coleman to Wake Forest, Maybe?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
His height???? Are his legs fake? Wearing 5 inch heels?
They’ve marketed him as a 7 footer but he’s clearly closer to 6’10.

Reaction Score
Yeah. It’s a smart move if you have a lot of talent already. It’s impossible to coach and play with a rhythm with a team of 12 guys who all think they should be playing. It’s good to have a couple guys who work hard, are good teammates, but just happy to be there.

I think this is a lot of it. It's probably hard to sell a top 100 kid on being the 12th man on a program that regularly starts 4 freshman every year. And harder to manage him when he is not getting minutes.

Reaction Score
I think this is a lot of it. It's probably hard to sell a top 100 kid on being the 12th man on a program that regularly starts 4 freshman every year. And harder to manage him when he is not getting minutes.

Ideal practice body for Coach K.

Reaction Score
Ideal practice body for Coach K.

Amazing if he picks Duke, they can’t be that stupid? They need people to play in practice as you say not to see the court during a game.

Reaction Score
If Coleman goes to Duke, it’ll be a similar situation to when they recruited and signed Vrankovic who was a 200+ recruit.

Reaction Score
A couple of years ago I thought he was highly coveted. I just reread an article from 2016 including Delaire, Coleman, and Akok as players in New England that were going to have impact at the highest levels of D1. If we searched our old threads about him, I vaguely recollect comments to the effect he was going to be Juco bound, and had some issues off the court at least with the people around him. Seems like the academic part is cleaned up if there ever was truth to it, and I don't know the truth about the people he is associated with. I really wanted him then and from time to time have asked in threads why he wasn't being pursued. I've had him in mind as a plan A or plan B after Kofi & Wahab as the A choices, although I always thought he was as good as Wahab.

FYI my fav Zane Meeks committed to Nevada May 7th. I don't know if the lack of interest was his, ours, or both, but I predict he'll hit 6-7 3's in a game for Nevada with some frequency. 6'9 unranked sharpshooter with some bulk. I wish we had pursued him.

Reaction Score
So everyone still a skeptic?

The source is probably the same dude.

But we haven't heard any nay-saying from any insiders here, so probably legit about us.

Reaction Score
You can stretch the truth about interest, but you can't lie about an offer.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
These coaches obviously want to self promote, but they’re not going to lie about their player getting an offer. That would be a real bad look.
That's what I was thinking too, could burn bridges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom