Charles Coleman to Wake Forest, Maybe? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Charles Coleman to Wake Forest, Maybe?

Reaction Score
He looks pretty good in his highlight tape to my untrained eye. What's the catch? Do we have HS or AAU stats? Has he ever played good competition?

Reaction Score
Here’s a video on him from when he committed to Wake...

I think he can play. Definitely a little more aggressive thank Carlton might have been when he first came in. I think he’s originally from Mass so there might be a natural home feel for him in joining UConn. Can’t teach 7’ so he has a natural height advantage. At this point we just need another big.

He's not bad. Probably a cross between Hakeem, David Robinson, Shaq and Purvis Ellison but I wouldn't waste a scholarship on him.

Reaction Score
His coach just tweeted that we offered. Again I am skeptical, but we will see if they get him to campus.

Reaction Score
If the staff thinks it has >50% chance of landing a top 100 C in 2020, I would rather Ntambwe and let the dice roll as they may for 2019 backup C position.

If the staff is less optimistic, I'm fine with any of these 7'0" rank 200-300 bigs.
Everyone seems to be throwing Ntambwe's name out there like hes just waiting for us to tell him to come on board. Is that the case?

Reaction Score
Everyone seems to be throwing Ntambwe's name out there like hes just waiting for us to tell him to come on board. Is that the case?
It's been a while so things could certainly have changed but there were some whispers along those lines after his visit. I'm not holding my breath for that to actually happen

Reaction Score
It's been a while so things could certainly have changed but there were some whispers along those lines after his visit. I'm not holding my breath for that to actually happen
Thanks, I hadnt seen his name brought up in awhile until this week so i kind of assumed things moved in another direction.

Reaction Score
Thanks, I hadnt seen his name brought up in awhile until this week so i kind of assumed things moved in another direction.
I'm assuming the same thing as we haven't been mentioned with him in a while. Though I don't think anyone else has either other than his Nebraska visit soon after ours

Reaction Score
FWIW, I've had my eye on him for a bit. I don't really understand what the deal is - he's a 7-footer with what would appear to be above-average athleticism and footwork, great shooting range, and a decent frame. It's weird to me that he's been sitting outside the top 300 this whole time. He got offers from a handful of P5 schools. I don't know, though. It might be worth a shot just to get a real backup center on the roster (though where is that scholarship going to come from?).
It’s hard to get the exposure necessary to get ranked when you don't play in any of the 3 major AAU circuits like Coleman. You simply don't get seen by the people who form rankings, and you don't get to see how you hold up against the best players in the class.

A couple of drawbacks are that he isn't really 7' and athletically he's actually slow and earthbound. That being said, he's stronger than a lot of bigs his age, according to his school he has a 7'4 wingspan so he's long, and he has a nice shot/touch for his position.

Reaction Score
So does this change everything for those not so excited three hours ago about Coleman?

I would imagine there is less reason to get excited when you net out the fact that he's much more likely to go to Duke than UConn (if either offer is true).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The dude is literally tweeting out the same list of schools that reached out yesterday and now today they are all offering. Allegedly.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The people trying to promote this kid are super shady and it makes me question a lot of things(his height, his Uconn offer, why he wasn’t playing against better competition). No way does he have a Duke offer. If we’re going to “concede” the 5 spot because we have trouble recruiting them I would rather land a kid who can defend, block shots. With that said I wouldn’t be surprised if he over achieves in college he has an NBA body and some skills around the basket.

Reaction Score
The people trying to promote this kid are super shady and it makes me question a lot of things(his height, his Uconn offer, why he wasn’t playing against better competition). No way does he have a Duke offer. If we’re going to “concede” the 5 spot because we have trouble recruiting them I would rather land a kid who can defend, block shots. With that said I wouldn’t be surprised if he over achieves in college he has an NBA body and some skills around the basket.
His height???? Are his legs fake? Wearing 5 inch heels?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be stunned if the Duke offer is real. They have had 4 kids outside the top 200 commit over the past 4 years. I am not exactly sure why K does this but they are probably high character, good academic kids who add value in practice and understand they won't be getting PT.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be stunned if the Duke offer is real. They have had 4 kids outside the top 200 commit over the past 4 years. I am not exactly sure why K does this but they are probably high character, good academic kids who add value in practice and understand they won't be getting PT.

Yeah. It’s a smart move if you have a lot of talent already. It’s impossible to coach and play with a rhythm with a team of 12 guys who all think they should be playing. It’s good to have a couple guys who work hard, are good teammates, but just happy to be there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom