Chances our boosters fund an Ollie buy-out? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chances our boosters fund an Ollie buy-out?

Reaction Score
Last time this happened to a major UConn men's team (last year tot he day) AD Dave was able to make the buyout work by bringing back the programs architect and most successful coach at a home town discount - can the same thing be in cards this time? The best possible person to right the ship at this point would have to be Jim Calhoun even if it's just for a year or two.

Also Calhoun understood the value of role players, guys whose specialty was shooting, rebounding, defense, etc. Not just a bunch of guys vying with each other to be the man or to jack the next shot. We hardly see the ball movement and cohesion of the last NC team that started effective role players who made the team better - Phil Nolan, Olander, and Giffey (partial stud, partial role player).
I think he could do it for a year or two. Land some one-and-done kids along with a few lower ranked kids that trust we will get a solid replacement.

He should do it for his current pay as this is his fault. I know he is Mr. Not a dime back but he also responsible for this mess. Working for a low salary, or zero even, would be a way to help fund the buyout.

Reaction Score
I think he could do it for a year or two. Land some one-and-done kids along with a few lower ranked kids that trust we will get a solid replacement.

He should do it for his current pay as this is his fault. I know he is Mr. Not a dime back but he also responsible for this mess. Working for a low salary, or zero even, would be a way to help fund the buyout.
I was never a fan of the way Calhoun forced Ollie in as head coach, but it was ultimately the AD’s decision to sign him long term.

And based on the information at the time, it seemed like a no-brainer. Maybe Ollie never would have panned out as the long-term head coach, but it sounds like he’s done plenty to shoot himself in the foot along the way.

Ollie’s making $3 million a year, so it seems silly to point the blame anywhere else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom