• Mississippi State

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What a joke of a thing to say. Yeah they deserved to have their hearts ripped out because someone PAID to do a job FAILED.
MS missed seven free throws. If they had missed only three, the game would not have gone down to the wire. Their hearts would not have been ripped out. Anyway, I was responding to another poster's comments.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
What BS.

The ND player committed that foul in order
To prevent an easy game ending basket. When she did it she ( and the ND bench, student body, clergy, Ricky Waters and Lou Holtz, etc.) expected for Miss St to go to the line. It never happened. The end

Reaction Score
Wait for a YouTube version of the game before you all act like you know what you're talking about. I didn't see significant contact live, but it did seem like contact during the slo-mos. Idk what the foul call should have been. Discuss once there's more visual evidence.

Reaction Score
Meh. We're going to have to agree to disagree. Not even close to a huge hip check. They make contact but only AFTER William no longer has possession. Like I said before, pains me to say it, but good no call.
You’re right. It was a late body check but definitely not cross checking

Reaction Score
Wait for a YouTube version of the game before you all act like you know what you're talking about. I didn't see significant contact live, but it did seem like contact during the slo-mos. Idk what the foul call should have been. Discuss once there's more visual evidence.
You’re right but I’ve already responded three times. Too late

Reaction Score
I haven’t looked at a reply other than the one shown immediately after the play during the game. I thought it was borderline, and could have been justifiably either called or not called.

But in terms of how officials should call the game (which doesn’t always exactly correspond to the black-and-white rules in the book), if the contact occurred after the MSU player had already lost control of the ball (as opposed to the contact causing her to lose possession), then considering how late in the game it was, an official could justifiably make a no-call on the grounds that the contact did not affect the outcome of the play — which is true. An official could justly be accused of deciding the game herself rather than letting the players decide the game if she calls a foul at that point that did not affect the play, specifically the loss of possession by MSU.

The call on McCowan a few moments later had to be made because it was clearly intentional. It definitely benefited MSU to make that call, since otherwise Notre Dame would have had an uncontested layup that probably would have won the game. I was impressed that McCowan was quick-thinking enough to commit that foul at that moment. I don’t think it would have occurred to very many players to do that.

I suppose it is obvious, but let me say for the record that I think all of the complaints on this forum about the officiating being biased (let alone rigged), either for Friday’s games or for this game, are completely without merit. Any of the three teams that lost this weekend could have won if they had made a few plays better than they did. When games are that close and you lose, you need to look in the mirror and not at the zebras.
Well said!

Reaction Score
I probably will be able to see the fumes coming outta Louisville Metro if I walk outside later
L’ville should be #1. Only team to beat champ game winner TWICE just to leave no doubts (I jest)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
L’ville should be #1. Only team to beat champ game winner TWICE just to leave no doubts
Saltiest comment I have read. ND won the whole thing, they are number 1 lol

Reaction Score
Thanks. I'm just trying not to be too extra so they still allow me to post here!

But it's probably going to be a while before anyone can hurt my feelings on this one.
Live it up and savor this. You don't know when the next one is coming, if ever, especially when your legendary head coach is on the tail end of their career. ND and UConn are both in that position with head coaches well into their 60s.

Reaction Score
Saltiest comment I have read. ND won the whole thing, they are number 1 lol
No way. Look at who ND has coming back. Basically the entire team I think plus all those injured players and Turner. I mean they are going to be absolutely loaded next year. I have already mentally prepared myself for a butt kicking next December at Purcell.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
They are not right. There’s a huge hip check in there.

The announcers, who had a great view of it since it happened at midcourt, said there was contact from Mabrey. There was no disagreement among them.

Reaction Score
Kenny K only hates one team as much as he hates UConn.....Funny Stuff:

WBB Tee'd Up‏ @WBBTeedUp 34m34 minutes ag
  • Only in WBB it’ll be Notre Dame***
    EXACTLY!! I guess cheating the system gets you something
  • Men’s & Womens basketball need to utilize the same pool of officials point blank period
  • Jess Shepherd immediate eligibility while 250 other kids sat out this year ...
  • WBB continues to punish kids for not attending the blue blood program
  • I feel really bad for Mississippi State, end of regulation where the foul on Mabrey went uncalled was a really egregious no call
  • Man you just have to feel bad for Miss State ... totally cheated
  • Unfreakingbelievable.
  • WBB wants ND to win this at any cost ... what’s the point of playing the game?
  • Morgan William got clotheslined at halfcourt. That belongs in the WWE not the #WFinalFou
  • No foul there for Morgan William ... any more evidence of the cheating ?

• Total domination by the officials this quarter ...
  • Prison rules guarding McCowan tonight kid cant get a SINGLE ca

• Moral of the lesson in WBB ... Transfer and play in a national championship game

Reaction Score
Kenny K only hates one team as much as he hates UConn.....Funny Stuff:

WBB Tee'd Up‏ @WBBTeedUp 34m34 minutes ag
  • Only in WBB it’ll be Notre Dame***
    EXACTLY!! I guess cheating the system gets you something
  • Men’s & Womens basketball need to utilize the same pool of officials point blank period
  • Jess Shepherd immediate eligibility while 250 other kids sat out this year ...
  • WBB continues to punish kids for not attending the blue blood program
  • I feel really bad for Mississippi State, end of regulation where the foul on Mabrey went uncalled was a really egregious no call
  • Man you just have to feel bad for Miss State ... totally cheated
  • Unfreakingbelievable.
  • WBB wants ND to win this at any cost ... what’s the point of playing the game?
  • Morgan William got clotheslined at halfcourt. That belongs in the WWE not the #WFinalFou
  • No foul there for Morgan William ... any more evidence of the cheating ?

• Total domination by the officials this quarter ...
  • Prison rules guarding McCowan tonight kid cant get a SINGLE ca
  • Moral of the lesson in WBB ... Transfer and play in a national championship game
This guy has an agenda and allegiance to someone/team. Haven't quite figured that part out yet. Obviously he wants views and RTs like any social media whore, but still not sure what his motive is when he gets on the successful teams.

Reaction Score
Come on. There was a ref right beside the play. Why do we have refs.

Reaction Score
Miss. St. lost it at the FT line, 10 for 17, while ND was 15 for 17. Plus Teira McGowan missed a LOT of bunnies, going 7 for 19. Miss. St. has no one to blame but themselves.

The hero of the game Arike shot 6-21 and Mabrey had 9 turnovers. Usually not stats you associate with the winning team, but they still won mostly because of that egregious no-call.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A couple things I'll point out after this weekend.....
1. I hate reading here that people say, "McCowan isn't going to be able to keep up in the game" or "she'll be winded." The girl played literally almost every single minute of the NCAA tournament and not once did I see her huffing and puffing or walking up the court. She is not a speed demon by any means, nor is she quick, but she's better conditioned than any girl over 6-5 that I've ever seen. She also posts hard on every possession and is relentless on the glass.

2. Same goes for Jessica Shepard. I hate people commenting on her weight or her appearance because doesn't look as athletic or fit as other players on the court. She played 78 minutes in the last 48 hours and did not appear to be winded at any point I saw. She's in much better shape now than she was at the beginning of the season, and she did a terrific job going up against bigger, quicker, more athletic players. Put up 19 today on Mississippi State, 15/11/5 assists on UCONN playing against Collier/Stevens/Williams. Notre Dame has a lot of really good players, but she might be the most underrated of the bunch. You can tell she just understands the game better than most players on the court and has tremendous skills for a 6-4 girl. I think she was the biggest difference maker tonight for ND.

Reaction Score
This guy has an agenda and allegiance to someone/team. Haven't quite figured that part out yet. Obviously he wants views and RTs like any social media whore, but still not sure what his motive is when he gets on the successful teams.

He simply hates the NCAA, ESPN and all of the blue blood teams but especially UConn and Notre Dame..........I can't wait for his next periscope............nice to see him aim his wrath at somebody else for a change....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom