Championship Game

Who wins?

• Mississippi State

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Congratulations to ND. Not happy about it, but it is what it is.

I think you have to feel for Vic and his girls after Mabrey completely clobbered - I apologize for not knowing the player, as I don't watch much outside of UConn for WBB - the poor girl at around half court. But it is what it is, and I hope Vic gets his eventually. Great coach with a great team who unfortunately ran into the typical issues one encounters when playing ND.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The no call on Mabrey was huge...the sting Mississippi State feels has to be brutal. Absolutely incredible 2 year run though for Schaefer and Mississippi State.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Does Muffet allow other coaches to observe their practice? Geno might want to take a trip to South Bend to learn how to run a late game pressure situation.

No. They’d call those fouls on Uconn.

Reaction Score
Anyone else other then me thinks ND wouldn't have won if their players didn't go down with injuries??

Reaction Score
LOL at some of you claiming it was rigged, get out of here with that crap.

I wouldn't say "rigged", but it was pretty obviously a blown call that turned MSU at the FT line into ND having a chance to win.

That non-call was pretty undeniably wrong, and benefited ND to the tune of about 40% win probability added.

And they do get favorable officiating on the regular.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say "rigged", but it was pretty obviously a blown call that turned MSU at the FT line into ND having a chance to win.

That non-call was pretty undeniably wrong, and benefited ND to the tune of about 40% win probability added.

And they do get favorable officiating on the regular.

The only reason they were in it was a bunch of calls as bad as that.

Reaction Score
Ogunbowale doing her best recruiting impersonation!

Reaction Score
I dunno folks...I'm as much a ND hater as most but go back and look at the replay from the side-court angle (not the under-the-basket angle that they only showed slow-mo of after the play).

Mabrey pokes the ball out clean, and William falls into her after the ball is loose

Pains me to say it but that was a good no call.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to ND. Not happy about it, but it is what it is.

I think you have to feel for Vic and his girls after Mabrey completely clobbered - I apologize for not knowing the player, as I don't watch much outside of UConn for WBB - the poor girl at around half court. But it is what it is, and I hope Vic gets his eventually. Great coach with a great team who unfortunately ran into the typical issues one encounters when playing ND.

and this was his best shot...........I think they lose way too many important players to get back to the finals...........

Reaction Score
Shout out to ND....that shot....but thanks to the refs...the clear NO call

Reaction Score
I dunno folks...I'm as much a ND hater as most but go back and look at the replay from the side-court angle (not the under-the-basket angle that they only showed slow-mo of after the play).

Mabrey pokes the ball out clean, and William falls into her after the ball is loose

Pains me to say it but that was a good no call.

I'll be happy to go back and look at it.................I hope you are right as I don't like important games being won due to a bad call..........

Reaction Score
LOL..yet another crucial game where late down the stretch the senior leader point guard Morgan William is on the freakin bench. If I were Morgan I would never speak to Vic Shafer again ever in my freakin life. Two championship games and this southern preacher is not gonna play me for much of the 4th quarter?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!!?!? What kind of BS is that???????

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Does Muffet allow other coaches to observe their practice? Geno might want to take a trip to South Bend to learn how to run a late game pressure situation.
Or learn to talk to the refs at halftime so that most of the calls in the 2nd half go your way?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom